“Customer Service Nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop
Cape Coral, Florida
“Customer Service Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This company left us lacking dessert on the morning of a graduation party for 80 guests !!

With no prior notice, the 8 dozen cupcakes that were ordered failed to materialize. We were forced to scramble to provide desserts for the party. Lacking customer service skills at Dia Doce.

• Visited June 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“BEST CUPCAKES EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have been in love with Dia Doce (pronounced Gia Dosee) ever since getting my first cupcake at the Anselma's Mill Farmer's Market. I've tried cupcakes from all over Southeastern PA and none of them compare to Dia Doce. The cupcakes are made fresh daily and sold all over the Chester County area. Not to mention the cupcake truck (probably the best idea ever) provides easy accessibility to these delicious cupcakes. The Dia Doce shop opened up recently in West Chester, PA, which shares space with Cathey's Coffee Bar (also amazing coffee) and has a great ambiance. Cathey and Thais (the owners) are probably the greatest people you will ever meet, so be sure to stop in!

• Visited May 2014
Landenberg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Perfect cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Ordered cupcakes for a big party and everyone went wild over them--even the flavors I was a bit squeamish about (Bacon Maple, Guinness Stout). Each mini cupcake was a perfect two bite flavor sensation. These cupcakes are not a big gluey glob of sugar. There is enough icing on to give flavor to the perfectly moist and flavorful cake portion without sending you into a diabetic coma. A perfect blend with great flavors!

• Visited February 2014
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“The BEST cupcakes ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I've tried cupcakes from all over the Chester County area and NOTHING compares to these delicious drops from heaven. They are the best cupcakes ever! And SOOOO happy she carries gluten free versions for my son & daughter!!!

• Visited February 2014
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Super Salty and Decidedly Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went into Dia Doce to buy the cupcakes that I've heard really great things about for weeks now. I was told to buy the Bacon Maple cupcakes, which a coworker of my mom's basically lives on. The interior of the shop is very nice. I like the decor quite a bit. The ladies in there were friendly to me.

I did not try the coffee, so I cannot review that.

I can review the cupcakes though. I tried 5 different cupcakes, and all of them were pretty awful. The frosting was okay, passable, certainly not good enough for professionals. The cake itself was overly salty in every single cupcake. In fact, in the espresso cupcake there were bits of coffee bean that were so rubbery, as to be inedible. The bacon maple was also so salty that it really could not be eaten. It was as though they used salt, salted butter and overly salty bacon. It's just inedible. I was so very disappointed by these cupcakes. I just really can't recommend that anyone bother with the cupcakes here. It's very disappointing. (On the other hand, I certainly am not going to be tempted to break my diet over these cupcakes, so maybe that's a good thing) Those two were the worst offenders, but the other cakes were just not worthwhile. I really wouldn't bother.

• Visited January 2014