“Best Gaelic in West Chester” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 202 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Irish
“Best Gaelic in West Chester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great late night supper. Outside even though we were the only ones outside to be served. And super attention from ABBY.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Maryland
“a little better than average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband & I stopped by for lunch. Neither of us knew anything about the place, but it looked interesting from the outside, so we decided to give it a try. The decor is really cool. The place is a bit dark, but there's a definite Irish vibe going on. Lots of TVs (they were airing soccer games). Our waitress, Kelly, showed up right away & brought us our drinks quickly. I had the black & blue (Guiness & Blue Moon) & my husband had the Bloody Molly. He said his drink had a lot of flavor and ended up ordering another. Complimentary fish & chips were offered that day, so we ordered those. We also ordered two appetizers; the pretzel tower & buffalo shrimp and decided to split a reuben sandwich. The menu offers a variety of Irish dishes, along with burgers & a variety of salads & appetizers. We probably waited about 25 minutes for our food. Unfortunately, all of our food came out at the same time. We were hoping to get our appetizers first, so this is one reason I only rated the restaurant as average. The pretzels (3 of them) came with cheese & two types of mustard. The buffalo shrimp were small, but good. We were both disappointed with the reuben, though. Since we were at an Irish pub, I was really hoping for a good reuben. There wasn't much corned beef on it & I couldn't taste any sour kraut or 1,0000 island dressing. The fish & chips were pretty standard. Three pieces of breaded fish with a side of fries. Kelly offered us dessert, but we both declined. Overall, the food was average. It's probably a really cool place to drink & hang out; but if you're going for the food, don't expect anything extremely special.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Worth visiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Top flight beer list. A little weak on details (ripped stools, sticky bar, spotty glassware), but still a good stop for good food and well selected beer.

Visited August 2013
Rexburg, Idaho
“Beautiful all the way around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing, waitresses were amazing ( we had 2 for some reason) Price was great. The restaurant is loaded with cool Irish stuff... from Ireland. Guinness was great, little shamrock in the foam - what a touch. Ok, we went during the day, so I missed all the negative stuff other reviewers said about, "crowded college bar, blah, blah, blah." I didn't see any of that. Place was clean. It had great atmosphere. I want to go there everyday.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I am forced to go here by a friend on occasion. It is not very good. The atmosphere is actually ok but the food is horrendous. My last meal there was a veggie pastie and the sauce included was disgusting. I will try not to eat here again.

• Visited April 2013