“Barely average for a HIE” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1310 Wilmington Pike, Rte 202, West Chester, PA 19382 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Brandywine Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in West Chester
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Barely average for a HIE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed in a lot of hotels, including many Holiday Inn Express hotels as well. In this case, this location was unremarkable and forgettable. Ordinary HIE breakfast options, small breakfast area with an awkward layout.

All in all, just OK. If you're a frequent business traveler there are other options in the area with better accommodations with similar pricing.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. We will definitely look at this as an opportunity to improve our service. . If you will be in town soon, or would like to speak with me, please feel free to contact me by email or phone.I do hope you come back and see us again. If you do, contact me personally and I'll make sure your stay is a good one .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

This was my first stay at this property as I previously stayed at another hotel when going to West Chester, PA on business. It is a smaller hotel than some of the other Holiday Inn Express locations, however, it is clean, the rooms are large and comfortable and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. IAs a IHG Platinum Member I was given one of the suites. What a great surprise as the room was large. It has a living room, a kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, sink and dishes and utensils. There is a small convenience store in the lobby that is open 24 hours. Breakfast was included with my stay and there are plenty of choices. It is close to restaurants, shopping and has easy access to Route 202. I previously stayed at the Hampton Inn in Frazer, PA. but I will stay at this Holiday Inn Express and Suites when traveling here for business.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! . We appreciate your feedback. Our location is perfect for all types of travelOur team works very hard to ensure our guests feel at home. I am so glad they took good care of you and you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast and continuous coffee and tea Service. It was a pleasure having you with us, and we do hope you come back and visit us again.
Massapequa Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015 via mobile

My son was on a hockey tournament . The rink was just 18 minutes from the hotel. There were plenty of places to eat And great shopping. We used it as a mini vacation. The employees we friendly, caring and knowledgeable. I Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express & Suites at West Chester,PA. We strive to always provide excellent service here at the Holiday Inn Express. I'm very happy you enjoyed everything we have to offer and felt safe with us. That is my staff’s top priority. We hope you come and stay with us again, we would love to have you back.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

I stayed here 2/1-2/5/2015 to visit family and look for an apartment. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I requested a king bed in a quiet spot (ex. not near ice or elevators) and indeed the location was perfect. Room was very clean. Only complaint was that TV channels on printed list and on most of channel icons were wrong, so channel surfing was tedious. Did report this to front desk and was informed they were working on the problem. Hopefully will be fixed soon. Good value and will be back!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, February 8, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our award winning hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.. There was a technical glitch with regards to TV channel guide. We are in the process of correcting this issue. It required updating of soft ware by the vendor providing these services. Please accept my apologies for inconvenience that you endured. We are working diligently to correct the issues you noted. I hope to welcome you back soon so that you can experience the improvements that we are going to make with each day.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

The quality of a chain hotel can vary from location to location. The West Chester Holiday Inn Express and Suites was a pleasant surprise and rated (by us) at the top! Friendly, helpful staff greeted us. Check-in was a breeze. The King-sized room was spacious enough and had free wi-fi, a microwave and fridge, too. At the end of a long day, falling into the bed was so good. It was snugly comfortable and the pillows were high end, too. I felt the entire room was clean. We did not use the gym and pool area. The free breakfast was typical but had a few more choices than similar hotels. The hotel is on a divided highway, so be prepared for that - we had to make a turn into a parking lot to get facing the correct direction. No problem! This location is great - near shopping, historic sites and major roads going in every direction. We'd come back.

Room Tip: Highest floor is the third floor, but we did not hear the traffic at all.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, January 5, 2015
WOW! Thank you so much for such a nice review. I can't thank you enough for saying our hotel exceeds expectations.Our rooms were completely re-done the second half of last year and the feedback we have been receiving from our guests has been outstanding.`Recently upgraded our pillow selection so that each room has two Firm and two Soft pillows We strive to always provide excellent service here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites at West Chester,PA. I'm very happy you enjoyed everything we have to offer and felt safe with us. That is my staff’s top priority. We hope you come and stay with us again, we would love to have you back.
Manju
Front Desk Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

We had stayed at this location before when it was marketed under a different name. It was average at best.

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to give it another shot. We were glad that we did. The property was very clean. We arrived late in the evening and were welcomed by the front desk and directed to our room. The room was very quite, spacious with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast the following morning more than fit the bill to get something hot before getting on the road.

We travel to this area to visit family on a fairly regular basis and consider this Holiday Inn Express worthy of our continued patronage.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. Our guest rooms were completely re-done during second half of last year and the feedback we have been receiving from our guests has been outstanding.`I am glad you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast and the 24 hour coffee and tea service.. We are thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your resent stay with us. Positive feedback like yours helps to ensure we continue to strive for excellence.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel very soon!
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

I stayed here passing through using Priority Club points for a free night. It was an "Express" and I just needed a place to sleep - arriving late and leaving in the morning. I was totally satisfied with the experience. It's a great facility. Breakfast with a wide selection; clean; great amenities. There was a little confusion at check in, but it was quickly cleared. Get a King Leisure room if you can. I got a small living room, micro, fridge, and a Jacuzzi tub. Very, very nice. Were I business traveler, I would very content staying here for a week. Very quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Get a King Leisure Room if available
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, December 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted that you had a great stay with us. We really appreciate your wonderful comments and that you experienced our Holiday Inn Express & Suites at West Chester,PA hospitality with best possible customer service.We apologize for the inconvenience occured at the time of checkin. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester? Share your experiences!