“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1310 Wilmington Pike, Rte 202, West Chester, PA 19382 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Brandywine Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in West Chester
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had stayed at this location before when it was marketed under a different name. It was average at best.

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to give it another shot. We were glad that we did. The property was very clean. We arrived late in the evening and were welcomed by the front desk and directed to our room. The room was very quite, spacious with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast the following morning more than fit the bill to get something hot before getting on the road.

We travel to this area to visit family on a fairly regular basis and consider this Holiday Inn Express worthy of our continued patronage.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. Our guest rooms were completely re-done during second half of last year and the feedback we have been receiving from our guests has been outstanding.`I am glad you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast and the 24 hour coffee and tea service.. We are thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your resent stay with us. Positive feedback like yours helps to ensure we continue to strive for excellence.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here passing through using Priority Club points for a free night. It was an "Express" and I just needed a place to sleep - arriving late and leaving in the morning. I was totally satisfied with the experience. It's a great facility. Breakfast with a wide selection; clean; great amenities. There was a little confusion at check in, but it was quickly cleared. Get a King Leisure room if you can. I got a small living room, micro, fridge, and a Jacuzzi tub. Very, very nice. Were I business traveler, I would very content staying here for a week. Very quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Get a King Leisure Room if available
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted that you had a great stay with us. We really appreciate your wonderful comments and that you experienced our Holiday Inn Express & Suites at West Chester,PA hospitality with best possible customer service.We apologize for the inconvenience occured at the time of checkin. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.
Lusby, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is clean, the beds are comfy and it is located close to everything! We went to Longwood Gardens (about 5-6 miles away), the Brandywine Battlefield (about 4 miles away) and Chadd's Ford Winery (about 4 miles away). It's close to a major highway, but our room was quiet. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Our location is perfect for all types of travel. We appreciate your feedback. Our location is perfect for all types of travel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come into town.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our fifth or sixth stay at this hotel. We stayed on a Saturday night and had a very nice stay. At check-out I inquired as to vacancies and charge to stay the following Wednesday night and was given a rate. She was delightful and very pleasant I might add. Wednesday morning we decided we would be returning and stopped by around noontime. We were given a higher rate and when we told him what we had been quoted he acted annoyed but did honor the rate. That evening I went down to fix a cup of hot chocolate and both hot water containers were empty. Not a big deal as I could heat a cup of water in the microwave in our room, which I did, but did stop by the desk to ask if they had to fill them or would they automatically refill. He acted like I was asking for a favor. Maybe he had a bad day, but the contrast between his attitude and the one from the woman on weekend duty was quite apparent.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the second time we stayed at this property. It was formerly a Comfort Inn and Suites. Although it is on a well-traveled highway, our room was quiet, clean, and everything worked. The 24-hour coffee was an added benefit.

The only complaints that I have is that, although there is a guide to tell you what channels are available on the flat panel TV, it is very difficult to find a schedule of programs if you don’t have a local newspaper. Second (mild) complaint: When turning on to Rt.202/322 (Wilmington Pike) you can only go south and then you need to make a U-turn if you want to go north. It's awkward.

The hot breakfast was a step up from the old Comfort Inn and Suites menu that we experienced a few years ago. If you’ve stayed at other Holiday Inn Expresses in the past, the breakfast will be no surprise.

This property is conveniently located close to Brandywine Valley attractions such as Longwood Gardens, Brandywine Battlefield, and Brandywine River Museum of Art (Wyeth). And, you travel south to the Baltimore Pike on Rt. 202/322 and don't have to make an awkward U-turn.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel would probably be a little quieter although we did not hear much ro...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for staying with us and sending in your review. Our rooms were completely re-done the second half of last year and the feedback we have been receiving from our guests has been outstanding. I am glad you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast and the 24 hour coffee and tea service.We apologize for the inconvenience that you experreinced during your stay.Please remember us the next time you come to the area for your hospitality needsThank you again for your business, we hope to se you again along your travels.
Beltsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

I chose this location as I have stayed here before, about 6 years ago when it was a Comfort Inn. I was very happy to see all the upgrades, renovations, and improvements that make this property a good HIE.

I was on a quick 2-day trip from the DC area; first to see Frank Lloyd Wright's Beth Shalom Synagogue in North Phily (Sunday), then over to the Brandywine Valley for the end of Leaf Peeping, and on Monday Brandywine River Museum, Kennett Square area, and finally the Ten Thousand Villages store in Wilmington. (See separate reviews on those attractions.)

It was a 40 minute drive from Elkins Park, PA (synagogue), and I arrived at the HIE about 4PM. Before checking in, I drove to the shopping center across the street for some grocery supplies, so I could eat dinner in that night. There is a huge Giant Food, with a wonderful salad bar, an Asian hot-food grill in the center. There is also a pub/restaurant out on the same lot. Note that you cannot walk to these stores easily due to the center highway median barrier, but you can walk down to Enzo's Italian Eatery, then over to the shopping center. Wouldn't be fun in the winter though.

If you arrive later in the evening, there is a Wawa at the same intersection as the strip center; they have excellent fresh-made-to-order subs, sandwiches, maybe soups, and some ready-made grab-n-gos. And good fuel prices.

Okay, onto the hotel:)

Tiara checked me in; she is genuinely friendly and caring. I derped and left my purse behind at the counter, and she secured it for me until she could return it.

I splurged and chose the Presidential Suite, #310, as it had a good kitchenette, but more importantly a large jacuzzi tub in the king bedroom. Let's not forget the gorgeous sunset views from the feature windows (I'll be nice and ignore the weird entrance-canopy leaf-water collector "pool" just outside the living room window.)

This suite is huge! I really needed a night, and the next morning, of relaxation and pampering, and this room delivered. Immaculate (including the carpets!), well stocked with nice linens and toiletries. The separate bathroom itself was huge, with a walk-in shower, large vanity, and recessed heat lamp. Hot water, and plenty of it, everytime I wanted it.

While I felt like a moron as I could not figure out which light switch turned on the living room TV and the lamp beside it, I just moved into the bedroom since it was late at night. It's me, I'm sure! But, there you go - 2 TV'S.

A few features the hotel had that I didn't use - nice size indoor swimming pool; good if you need to get some laps in, or for kids to burn off energy. Fitness room had a recumbent bike, which I would have used if I had not been on a "relax, it's all me" trip. Well-stocked Sundry shop, which had some microwave meals, and a large variety of snacks and drinks in case you didn't get by the shops just down the street.

I should mention how quiet my room was, both from neighbors, and the highway. The room looks right over the parking lot (plentiful, free parking) and the highway, but I never heard a sound.

Breakfast was bountiful. Turkey sausage links and patties, egg and cheese omelets, tater tots, and a pancake maker rounded out the "hot" offering. Hot in quotations, because the omelets really weren't, and the tater tots were definately yesterday's re-heats. The usual HIE cinnamon buns (new idea, sometime soon HIE?) cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, pastries...all said, it was an excellent start to even a hunter or driver's chilly AM start. Breakfast 6-10, everyday.

I'll also be nice about the sign I noticed later on in the evening - I thought it was shocking, but in a "people really do that? way" - Laminated sign noting that previous guests had found the suite so wonderful they just wanted to stuff it all in their suitcases, and if you too feel the desire, this is the charge for each not-screwed-to-the-wall item. I understand why they have to do it, but I still felt the need to photograph everything back it's place (or hung up to dry place) before I left. There was another sign in the kitchen cabinet, regarding the microwave platter, corkscrew (which didn't work) and can opener. Management - forgiven, but people, do you EVER think about the housekeeping crew that has to clean/restock your suite? They work hard, and at this HIE, do an excellent job.

On that note, I'll remind you to tip your room attendants. :) Thank you from a fellow service-industry worker:) They deserve it.

Off the next morning to the Brandywine River Museum, and old favorite. It's just 10 minutes away; so consider the West Chester HIE as a base if you're also seeing Longwood Gardens, Winterthur, or the other attractions I've mentioned here.

I look forward to the next time I'm in the area, and will definately stay here again.

Thanks again Tiara!

Room Tip: Even side faces parking lot, but noise is not an issue! Good handicap parking right up front, near...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Manjunath V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express at Westchester,PA.Our rooms were completely re-done the second half of last year and the feedback we have been receiving from our guests has been outstanding. I appreciate your mentioning our staff.We are lucky to have a team that truly cares about our guests and their goal is to make your stay with us as comfortable and as enjoyable as we possibly can.. We are glad to have met your every need of a pleasant hotel stay. I will convey the appreciation to all the staff who make this possible, We are glad to won another heart. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again in future.
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I am absolutely sold on these places. I haven't stayed in a HEI recently that hasn't been top notch. This place is very modern and very comfortable. Breakfast selections are great for this class of motel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manjunath V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thanks for your feedback from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express at West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Our rooms were completely re-done in the second half of last year and the feedback we have been receiving from our guests has been outstanding.`
I am glad you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast and continuous coffee and tea Service.Thank you again for your business and We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester? Share your experiences!