“Extremely disappointed - won't return” 1 of 5 stars

610-678-4548
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert
Central Pa
“Extremely disappointed - won't return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My wife and I stopped by on our way back from a trip expecting to get a quick ice cream treat. In the window they had a special posted for "large raspberry milkshakes - $3" so I decided to get that instead of an ice cream cone. My wife went with a small cone. The service was unbelievably slow and when I finally got to order the young lady told me they no longer had the special raspberry milkshake. I should have been more assertive right then, but I hate confrontation so I asked if I could get another milkshake. She informed me they could make a raspberry milkshake just not the special. So I ordered a medium raspberry shake and my wife got the small cone. Our bill was $7.06 and I wasn't offered a receipt. We waited over 5 minutes to get our order and during that time people who ordered after us got their orders of sundaes and shakes before us. Never again! This place is a ripoff. Take away the novelty of the ice cream cone shaped building and they'd go broke if our experience is typical.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Ice Cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had a Pumpkin soft serve ice cream cone. Best soft serve I've ever had. I am NOT a fan of Dairy Queen or Carvel, so I was hesitant to try it. So creamy it wasn't like any soft serve I've ever had before. Would go back to the area just for more.

Visited August 2014
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
“Okay ice cream, lousy service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

The woman who took our order was very rude and just seemed to wanted to get rid of us. Messed up our order but we were too scared to say anything about it since she was so rude when we put the order in.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
“The kids love it but it's WAY too expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The kids really LOVE going to "the big cone." That being said, it cost a mint for the four of us to go. The night we went, it was really hot and really busy. The kids had a blast playing and climbing on the train. Unfortunately, there were a bunch of kids running around but not very much parental supervision. This made it difficult to wait in a long line and keep a proper eye on the kids. The ice cream is tasty but in my opinion, overpriced. The cone is a nice place to visit once in a while but be prepared to spend. If there is a crowd, you may want to visit another day.

Visited July 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“yum yum in a cone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love the cone (and it's literally shaped like a cone)...especially in October when they feature their pumpkin ice cream. The best part is that you can buy a quart to take home with you. I'm not sure what they changed, but this year's pumpkin ice cream was even better than last year's...

• Visited October 2013