“Good food, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Diner
Pennsylvania
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I go to Red Plate at least once a month or more often. The options are mostly typical diner options but the food is good and mostly fresh. I've had 1 or 2 exceptions to this, but an off meal can happen anywhere you go. I don't love breakfast so I typically get lunch items. The gyro is good and I also like their greek salad. Their portions are small for a diner, but it's plenty of food. I don't feel like I've eaten too much when I leave there. Too many diners focus on quantity to the detriment of quality. The waitstaff are friendly and accommodating! The place is super clean too. Better then your average diner in this area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Alabama
“Good diner breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast because it looked cute and there were lots of cars in the parking lot. The food was great -just simple breakfast food. The service was quick and our server so nice!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
“Worst diner ever on all three visits. Three strikes you're OUT.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The salad looked like they went out back and picked a bunch of weeds. I would rate the service as being in the bottom 10% and I eat out very often. The quality of the food was "average" at best and the prices were high for what you got. They are only open for breakfast and lunch now. Although I do enjoy diners in general, I'd rather eat at any fast food joint than Red Plate.

Visited April 2012
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Poor service - walked out before getting food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have driven by the Red Plate many times & decided to make a special trip out for breakfast on a Sunday morning. Their sign advertises "breakfast anytime 7-3". We arrived around 11:30am. I gave the hostess my name & watched her add it to the list. Then she mumbled something that I assumed to be the wait time. I asked her to repeat it twice because it was a bit noisy with the other customers waiting for their tables. After not being able to understand her the 3rd time, I gave up. We waited about 30 minutes, during which time I saw several parties that came in after us get seated. Finally I walked up to the podium & see that our name was crossed off along with several below it. A waitress came up & asking what we needed. I explained the situation & she was able to get us a table in a few minutes.

Once we got the menus, I found out that not all breakfast items were served "anytime". Some where only served until 11am. Since the food we wanted was no longer available to order, we left.

Between the terrible hostess plus "breakfast anytime" being only some-what true, we decided that Red Plate was not worth our time.

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Diner, Clean, Friendly and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I go here about every Saturday or Sunday we usually get breakfast and we have not had a bad breakfast yet. We both got lunch for Brunch this moring and we loved it. My wife had the grilled chicken sandwich and I had the crab cake with asparagus fries. The Diner is very clean and the staff has always been friendly. I would recomend the Red Plate Diner.

• Visited October 2012