“Exactly what you want in a hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Canyon Motel
18 East Ave, Wellsboro, PA   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Wellsboro
Virginia Beach
“Exactly what you want in a hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I say this room is exactly what you want in a place to stay because the room was clean, beds were comfortable and I felt very safe. Front desk service was great. Friendly and quick check-in and answered any questions I had about places to eat/get groceries/etc. Pool area has nice size (and clean) pool, with a hot tub, sauna room and exercise equipment. Hotel is close to food and shopping, as Wellsboro is a small town. Would I stay here again if I was in Wellsboro? 100% Yes!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Canyon Motel, the first being over ten years ago. This time we were three guys on a motorcycles and the motel was able to give us a small suite with three double beds, a sitting room, kitchenette and bathroom. The unit was clean and in good condition, although the facility is obviously not new. There is an indoor pool, however, we did not take advantage of it. The room rate was very reasonable, but no breakfast is offered.
The motel is right in downtown Wellsboro, convenient to restaurants, a theatre, antique shops, etc. and despite the address, fronts on Hwy 6, so it's easy to find.
The staff are very helpful and they obviously think of motorcyclists because there was a bin full of old towels for wiping down the bikes at the check-in. Thanks, guys.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I don't know how anyone could have given this motel anything but a 1 or 2 star rating. Those people giving it 4 and 5 star ratings must never travel and stay in hotels. My cousin was getting married in this small town and the Canyon Motel is where they blocked off rooms for out of town guests. I wish I would have done research and booked my own hotel. First of all it was a motel not a hotel, so that should have been my first clue. The room entrances were outside, which is creepy to me. You used a regular key for your room not a card, so anyone could have duplicated that key which makes it feel even more creepy. The room was VERY old, smelled musty, stains everywhere. The bathroom tub did not drain when I showered which grossed me out further. Obviously the maids don't clean the room well because I noticed a balled up towel laying under my bed!!! This was a horrid experience, I just wanted to go to sleep and get out of there as fast as I could. I would never ever return to that motel. I will never book a motel again, and make sure I do my reserach first even if it blocked off for an event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here while visiting the PA Grand Canyon. It was a last minute trip, so we didn't have reservations, but the lady at the front desk was very helpful and let us see a room before deciding. The room was very clean and all of the furnishings were either newer or very well maintained. It was a basic room, but comfortable.

Although we didn't use it, there was a nice indoor pool and hot tub. Also, they showed us a more "deluxe" room with a full kitchen, sitting area, king bed, and patio. It would have been nice for a longer stay.

I would definitely stay here again. I also liked that the motel was within walking distance of the main street, so we could walk to the restaurants and shops, yet it was still just a short drive from the Canyon parks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
North East, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was reluctant to stay because of the previous feedback,
but what a pleasant surprise we had.
Clean Rooms, really nice property, especially friendly and helpful staff.

We have stayed here several times in the past two months, the price
is very reasonable,and the staff will go out of their way to please.

The hard wired internet is quite fast at 100Mbps, most everything is nearby,
and within walking distance.

The pool and sauna are excellent,and the in room refrigerators are COLD.

Front desk, housekeeping , and maintenance staff are friendly and
responded quickly to our requests for assistance.

I can highly recommend the Canyon motel.

Joe herman

Room Tip: If internet use is important, ask for a room with hardwired internet, it is fast and reliable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
newville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed in the house part in the up stairs; it wasn't too bad. There were no cups, dishes, or eating utensils in the kitchen area. But other than that, the room was good. The beds were especially comfortable! The place was very clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
wellsboro, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We made reservations in advance, and we arrived an hour after check in time. when we got to our room, it was dirty. I called the front desk to complain. There was no housekeeping staff to CLEAN the room. For our dirty room they DID provide us with something to clean the room with and knocked $20 off the room. They did not offer us another room. Their excuse for the dirty room? "we had 80 bikers check in today" they DID call us an HOUR after we cleaned the room ourselves and offer a FULL refund BUT we would have to LEAVE after we were refunded, "if it's that big of a deal we can refund your money and you can just go someplace else"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Canyon Motel? Share your experiences!