“Absolutely amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RoundStone Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weatherly
RoundStone Camping Resort
You added RoundStone Camping Resort to your Saves list
165 Ochre Mill Road, Weatherly, PA 18255   |
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
“Absolutely amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Absolutely amazing place! Clean, quiet, very private, nobody around. The best camp site I ever visited.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Staten Island, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Round Stone camping resort, unlike other places I have stayed at, is clean, quiet, not overcrowded, with beautiful scenery and exceptional management. Jill and Jan really want you to have fun and relax. There are so many interesting places around (Jim Thorpe is just a few minutes away), but you would NOT want to leave the grounds.
Hey, did I mention the airport strip on premises??? This place is really unique. I will definitely be back in Spring!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I almost don't want to draw any more attention to this place than necessary, because I'm worried it will get difficult to make a reservation! But Jill and Jan were so nice, and provide such a wonderful place / service, that I can only wish them success.

A group of eight friends stayed at the Outback Cabin for the weekend. It is truly secluded, with no worries about your own noise or the neighbors'. I fished in the stream right out front (what a luxury to just walk outside, pick up my pole, and drop it in whenever I wanted to!). I caught a baby trout (released) and almost caught a big one (next time!).

The cabin is one room, but with all of the amenities you need (fridge, heaters, water cooler, outlets, lights, etc.), and sleeps 4 as is (bring pillows/sheets/sleeping bags). It was really cold at night, so most of us ended up sleeping inside using air mattresses, and that was fine. There's plenty of room for as many tents as you might want to set up around the cabin.

You get your own port-a-potty, which was a welcome change from sharing an outhouse with hundreds of people (my least favorite part of camping). You also have a shower with about 5 mins. of hot water per hour. Still, very nice to have.

There's a great porch, two picnic tables, a gas grill and a fire pit, with plenty of firewood available for a reasonable price. There are also biking/hiking paths leading all over their property, which is extensive and gorgeous. At the top of the mountain behind our cabin they have an actual airfield, just a huge strip of grass open to the sky with the mountains around you. Amazing.

For all of the comforts they provide, be aware that you are truly in the wilderness here. It's a 10 minute drive from the main entrance to the Outback, with no one nearby. There is a bear in the vicinity (he/she had some fun with our cooler), though Jill says it leaves people alone. Jan and Jill are right there and VERY responsive to any issue or question (but totally unobtrusive), and really seem to care that everything be just right for their guests.

In short, I am really bummed that my weekend is over, and planning my next trip already!

Room Tip: The Outback Cabin is the most remote with space for tents, the Waterfall Cabin looked amazing for a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the best campsite I have been to and I have been camping my whole life. I finally found the perfect campsite and this is it! I had a great time, your free to have a fire all night and make as much noise as you like. It's only you, your friends and the woods!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011 via mobile

I have camped often. I have dealt with people blasting reggae until 3 in the morning, I have dealt with camp sites so close together it may as well have been one site, I have dealt with hiding alcohol from park rangers. This camp site is everything I have ever wanted in a campground.

First, Jill and Jan - the owners of the property - are the absolute nicest people. Couldn't be nicer.

The grounds are 400 beautiful acres with only 3 cabins and 5 tent sites (but don't quote me on that). Seeing another party of people is highly unlikely. Meaning all of those times you were camping and you thought "this is great but camping should be about being out in the middle of nowhere with nobody else around", well this is it.

Location is great with rafting (I recommend Jim Thorpe Rafting Adventures), paintball at Skirmish, a shooting range, and the historic town of Jim Thorpe all right there. also, for you New Yorkers, there's a Sonic not too far away too.

There's a reason this place has 5 stars. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

For the second year in a row I spent the weekend with a bunch of friends at the Outback cabin. The cabin is clean, with more amenities than I expected (electricity, potable water, a shower, outhouse, and some small appliances). The location is fantastic, right on a stream in the middle of the woods. Very quiet, very private. The hosts are great, checking in once a day to make sure everything is OK. We fished on the property and hiked the Glen Onoko Falls, which are spectacular, and only a short drive away. I'm looking forward to another great weekend next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

My sister and I stayed in the Buckhorn cabin and it was very nice. The cabin is brand new and very clean. It has air conditioning which worked very well. It was hot out when we went. This cabin does lack a few things that the owner may add. There is very little storage space and no mirror. It could use some shelves to provide more space to store things. The refrigerator is a small dorm sized refrig. The outhouse were very clean and low odor when we went. The shower is a rubbermaid storage shed located in the back of the cabin. There is a small container of water which is attached to a heater which gets feed into a garden house giving you about 5 minutes of hot water. The shower could use a light, mirror and place to hold your shampoo and soap in the shed. The key to the shower is to prewash and be very quick because the hot water doesn't last long. It will take about an hour to reheat the water up again. Primitive but if you really want to shower it worked. The cabin sit's across the road from the stream. The back of the cabin is very private. The waterfall cabin is in a beautiful spot which you get to crossing a really cool suspended foot bridge. The cabin is older and does have a strong musty smell which maybe a problem if you have allergies. The outback cabin is also in a very nice spot and very secluded- great place for a family reunion. Lots of room for tents. This cabin is also older and has a strong musty smell too. All the campsite were private and had great locations. My 19 year old son stopped by for a visit for a few nights and enjoyed exploring the campground by foot and on bike. This is a wonderful little jewel of a campground and the owners and their children were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to RoundStone Camping Resort? Share your experiences!