“Good hotel, good location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shopping Spree Package
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good hotel, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel gets an extra star for location. I stayed here with colleagues for a nearby event. This hotel is 0.6 miles away from a SEPTA train station, so I was able to get to it from downtown Philadelphia. It is also a mile away from the cute Wayne downtown, with tons of shops and restaurants. It's across the street from a Whole Foods (with seriously one of the best beer selections), restaurants, several salons, a KMart, and a wine and spirits store. That really helped us, because we could go get some booze for our stay instead of paying bar prices. Because the immediate area doesn't have much activity at night, it was very quiet.

The rooms were clean and comfortable - housekeeping did a pretty impeccable job. The linens on the bed weren't the softest, but the towels were nice and big. There were enough tv channels, a nice sofa and coffee table in each room, plus a desk. I could comfortably have four colleagues over for the above-mentioned booze.

I ate at the cafe for one breakfast. The selection was pretty good and the service was fast. There were lots of seating options - tables, bar areas, couches. Overall, a good value and a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Marion Center, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were there for a wedding in the area. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our grandson wanted to swim in the pool. I feel that could have been a little cleaner. I was disappointed that it wasn't a free continental breakfast.. you pay for everything. But the food was good.. just a little slow the one morning, even though they had plenty of help. The last evening there , Sat. night.. it was a little noisy in the hall. I slept, but my daughter was kept up by it... banging doors etc. Beds were comfortable and a clean room, which is most important to me.

Room Tip: most 2nd floor has a little balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Devon numerous times when visiting a nearby relative, and it is a terrific value for the money, all the more so since it was refurbished in the last few years. The rooms are large and well appointed with free wifi and plenty of parking, the pool and exercise room are excellent, the cafe is perfect for breakfast, and the lobby and courtyard seating are plentiful and comfortable. The staff are always helpful and the location is convenient if initially hard to find. I book it whenever I can and have sent others there with equal success.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Happy Wandere,
I thank you for your comments, I am so pleased that you continue to stay at the Devon Courtyard and that you have recommended us to your friends as well. We did renovate the rooms almost a year ago now and the lobby within the last 3 years. We are a little hard to find at first, as we are tucked back off the main road, Lancaster Ave. I hope you will be back in the near future!
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here with my wife on a Saturday and Sunday night. We had a king bed room with no complaints other than the TV being to the side of the bed instead at the bottom. Good location and close to train station into Philly which we took advantage of on Sunday. On the bad side, the only coffee available was Starbucks in the lobby. No free breakfast. Got a good deal through AAA for just over $100 night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Concord, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I travel a lot for my job. I have a child that attends Villanova University and we stay here every time we come to Villanova. The hotel staff is the most customer-focused group I have run into at a 'business' hotel. I arrived very early on a Friday (8 am) and I was hoping I could work in their comfortable and spacious lobby with WiFi. The manager did much better--she let me get into my room and work in a quiet location all day. I doubt that 98% of the hotels out there would have accommodated my request. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the location is convenient to walk to all kinds of options for dining. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor. You can walk out to the inner area and chill out at their fire pit.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Devon Courtyard. I am glad you enjoyed your stay while you were in town visiting your child at Villanova and by all means I am happy to accommodate your request for an early check in anytime. We look forward to seeing you before the end of the year!
Branchburg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here for work as we had a corporate rate. It was very average for a Courtyard. The room and especially the hallways seemed dark. The bed was comfortable, and the room seemed clean enough. It just wasn't anything spectacular. I have stayed in much nicer Courtyards in better locations.

The area was a bit dead around it as it is by an office complex. If you want to go to dinner, you need to plan to drive. There are restaurants nearby, but most are across the highway.

The gym was one of the worst I have seen in a US hotel. It was nothing but a guest room turned into a "gym". The pictures on the website are misleading. It is a tiny cracker box of a place to work out. On the plus side, it is next door to a crossfit box where you can drop in for $20.

Would I stay here again for work? Maybe. It was clean enough, but it just wasn't anything great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear MurphySNJ,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. In February we renovated our Courtyard rooms and added lighting to the hallways. While we are located in a business park, there are many restaurants that are within walking distance to the hotel. There is also a Whole Foods market across the street. We recently upgraded all of our equipment in the exercise room, and agree it is a smaller room. Aside from the Crossfit that is new the the area, there is also a full Gym located within walking distance that offers our guest a discounted daily rate. When you are back to the area, please ask the Front Desk for information on these options.
Vienna, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had to pick a hotel for a one-night stay to retrieve my daughter from a nearby college. This was delightful place, tucked away off the main road. High-end lobby; very inviting; great bar/cafe area; the room was VERY nicely appointed -- seems to have been recently renovated. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Devon? Share your experiences!