“A Wonderful Wedding Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

“Garden Extravaganza”
Ranked #1 of 1 Wayne B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“A Wonderful Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Everything about my October stay at the Wayne B&B was terrific. The historic house and surrounding gardens are stunning, the Thomasons are charming and extremely accomodating, and the Main Line location is top notch. The impetus for my stay was for a family friend's wedding taking place nearby. Our group of 5 out-of-town friends all hoped to have an intimate home-like accomodation. The Wayne B&B was perfect! The bedrooms are comfortable and well appointed. The sizeable beds have Tempur-pedic mattresses, most baths are ensuite and everything was expertly clean. The main rooms of the home are elegant yet casual and the oversized front porch is pure magic for conversations with friends. We immediately felt right at home!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alexandria, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to spend a night at the Wayne B&B. Found it to be a wonderful place. Beautiful house and grounds, comfortable rooms. The house and rooms were superbly maintained. Best part however was the owners. Very friendly and flexible. Although they have a nice dinning area for breakfast, I decided to be less formal and just eat in the kitchen so we could chat while they prepared my breakfast. Best part was I kept coming up with 'options' for my breakfast and they kept finding ways to comply :-). If you prefer B&Bs over conventional hotels, I can highly recommend the Wayne. If you have never stayed in a B&B, try the Wayne, you will never go back to a Marriott or Hilton again!

Room Tip: All the rooms were excellent. Take a look at their website, they have good photos.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband invited me to accompany him on a business road trip to Philadelphia, then up to Connecticut and Massachusetts. I happily accepted because I've wanted to visit the Barnes Foundation since my university days! I picked out our accommodations using Tripadvisor and decided it would be nice to stay at a bed and breakfast instead of one of the usual chain hotels. I am so glad we did! We had a lovely bedroom at the top of their gorgeous Victorian house, with what my husband swears is the comfiest bed he's ever slept in! Bob and Traudi were so welcoming and helpful! They were generous with advice on driving directions and restaurant recommendations- we went to The Silver Spoon and George's. The staff and cuisine at both restaurants were outstanding! If we ever go back to Philly (and I hope we do because it is such a beautiful and friendly city and there is so much more of it that we want to explore) we will definitely stay at the Wayne Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

If you are visiting this area the Wayne Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to stay. The Ritz Carlton has nothing on this B&B! Service; cleanliness; comfort and hospitality were all outstanding here! This adorable B&B located right off the Main Line (Strafford train stop) within walking distance to adorable shops (1st Anthropologie & The Little House Shop were two of my favs) as well as lots of local eateries (The White Dog, Georges, Silverspoon).
Bob and Traudi made me feel right at home as soon as I arrived. The rooms are spacious and the grounds immaculate. You will not want to miss an opportunity to stay with these two. I was in the area for work and now I am looking for an excuse to go back for fun thanks to the "southern hospitality" of the Wayne B&B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Oradell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had a lovely stay while visiting our son at a local college. Bob and Traudi were wonderful hosts who made us feel at home immediately. The house and grounds are beautiful and our bed was extremely comfortable. We wish we could have stayed longer and hope to return for our next visit to the area. Thank You!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I met our son and his wife for a lovely stay at the Wayne Bed and Breakfast to celebrate birthdays. Since our grandaughter is in college nearby and she had a special birthday, this was a perfect place for us to meet and relax. Traudi and Bob could not have been a nicer host and hostess. Breakfast was delicious and our favorite spot was their lovely porch. Our room was spacious and light and very comfortable. We visited with dear friends nearby, and Chanticleer Gardens which is amazing. In Philadelphia we spent time at the lovely Rodin Museum, newly reopened. Thank you, Traudi and Bob for making our weekend so memorable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Zionsville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had a great stay with Bob and Traudi, only wish it could have been longer. The Wicker Room was perfect--great views. I had a wonderful early morning swim before breakfast. I told Traudi and everyone should start their day with a swim--the trees and birds were beautiful. Breakfast was wonderful and the guests staying there were fun to talk with. Would definitely recommend staying here. Wish we had more time to explore Wayne!

Room Tip: Wicker Room was great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wayne Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!