“Bright, Sunny and Good.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ella's American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Wayne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Morris Rd
Transit: Strafford train station is a 10 minute walk away down Sugartwon Road across Lancaster Avenue
Bala Cynwyd, PA
“Bright, Sunny and Good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Six of us went to lunch there. Four of us had Cobb Salad, two had club sandwich. All delicious. Probably the best club sandwich I've had. Place is bright and had. a Bistro ambience. Service is good,. Bill, including tip, came to about $130. Nice and roomy with a lot of parking. I'll be back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

DEVON
“Good Dining on The Main Line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

As I have gotten older I am having trouble finding a restaurant where I can hear conversations. Many restaurants have hard walls, floors and ceilings and sound just bounces around and conversations become difficult to hear. Ella's has sound deadening material which allowed me to hear without any trouble. In addition to that, the food was very good. We had lunch there and everything was well served and presented. The service was a bit slow, but the four of us had lots to talk about so it wasn't a problem. Lunch for the four of us with drinks, dessert and tips came to just over $100.00.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“DO NOT GO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Such a disappointing Father's Day Brunch...Wish I had picked some other place. While driving here, passed lots of restaurants that looked very busy, but when we pulled up , only 3 cars. Went inside, only 4 tables of patrons....obviously other people knew what I did not....food is horrible. The portions are so small, but, if food is good, I have no problem with that. They call a HALF plate of spring mix, a salad....NOTHING else on it. That does not a salad make!! The fish was so under-cooked, I thought I was in a sushi restaurant, and it had NO flavor. The burgers were disgusting. One was raw, the other dried out. And NO flavor. The soup--supposed to be hot--was cold--and NO flavor. Seems that they don't believe in seasonings. The omelettes were way over-cooked, edges were crinkly and brown and hard to even get fork through. I could go on and on but it would just be more of the same. At least they are consistent-----bad, bad, bad!!! This is always a special day for us to honor my husband, but all were disappointed. It can't take away from honoring him, but it would have been nice to share a special (edible) meal together. But, like I said, I have never seen a restaurant that dead on a holiday.....I am surprised they stay open, but I was told the owner is from a wealthy family, so maybe it is a hobby for him ! Waste of money, waste of time, a waste!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glenside, Pennsylvania
“Convenient location after leaving walking trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We came off the walking trail and decided to try Ella's on a whim. It wasn't far from the end of the trail, so we simply walked a short distance to the restaurant.

There weren't a lot of people visible through the window, so we called to make sure they were open. The call was answered quickly and cheerfully, and we learned they had opened a few hours earlier for dinner.

Upon arrival, we were seated quickly at a nice table by someone who we thought was a manager. Our waiter was just out of training and didn't know the preparation of most of the menu items, but he was willing to go ask - which is something we really appreciate. The manager was also close by to help with additional questions.

We thought the atmosphere was positive and enthusiastic, the food was good, but the timing needed some work, and dinner took a little longer than we thought it would. We attribute this to new staff learning the menu and the kitchen timing, along with becoming familier with the POS system.

Ella's has real potential, and as the staff and kitchen get more experience we will definitely return.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
“Not worth the money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have eaten here twice, once back in January and again last week. Both times for dinner. I have to say the food was mediocre at best. The first time we were greeted by a lovely hostess and seated right away. The lobster Mac and cheese was touted as awesome and it was terrible. Thought I would give it another try. This time the hostess was rude and the food again was awful. Never again

• Visited January 2012