“Overpriced” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Upstate New York
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

nice hotel, but overpriced for what it ends up being--no breakfast, setting is misleading on website, looks like hotel is surrounded by gardens when in actuality it is located on a huge parking lot.

two restaurants adjacent--but no good path to actually get to the restaurant (staff suggested to climb small hill that also had poison ivy. since we couldnt' find the sidewalk we ended up doing it). staff at reception friendly, but not great with directions. has big swimming pool which looks nice, small garden inside the building complex.

great asian fusion restaurant by susan foo right across the hotel--very beautiful and fantastic food.

• Liked — the restaurant near by
  • Disliked — the price
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sudbury, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

We enjoyed our stay. The other reviews surprised us. Everything was as expected of an average hotel.
I was unhappy with the restaurant at breakfast. The person greeting us did nothing and I had to go back to her to ask about the procedure for using the buffet. The waiter ignored us and failed to refill our coffee and only showed up with the check after asking for it.

Stayed June 2007
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2007

- Paper thin walls promote every single noise in the hallways
- booked well in advance, yet we were given a handicapped accessible room, which would have been fine, except the shower came up to my bellybutton.
- Hotel management is inept and refused to respond to numerous complaints about noise
- room smelled of smoke although it was billed as a non-smoking room
- We slept all of 4 hours due to the raucous noise throughout the hotel
- When we checked out, we listed our complaints. Here was their response: "well, you were aware that there was a wedding here and you were part of that wedding weren't you?" as if we were responsible for the fact that their hotel blows.

• Liked — It was convenient, the Garden
  • Disliked — Service, Staff, Smelly and Poorly sound-proofed rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PHILADELPHIA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

Where to start!?! I had problems even making a reservation!
When I contacted the hotel, I was transferred to reservations where I spoke to a girl that spoke very broken english. After replying "excuse me???" to this persons 3 attempts to speak english to me, she hung up on me. I then called a 2nd time requesting to 'just make a reservation', and to 'speak with a different person'. I was reconnected to reservations and given 3 room options that were still available for the weekend that I was requesting. I was given a price quote that was $20.00 more than the price listed on [--]. When I brought this to the attention of the individual that I was speaking with, she said "if you are finding a better price online, then you should just book it online". I told her that it was not a discount website, but there own website, could she just give me the same price. She said no because she did not know anything about the price that I was giving her. I understand that some hotels do give a discount for booking online, however, there was no such notice on the website. What issues just to stay at a hotel that was thoroughly mediocre.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — THE STAFF WAS UNINFORMED ABOUT THE HOTEL (PROCEDURES, ETC)
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

The Radnor is a little old, a little musty. It is overpriced for what you get. I stayed there while attending a conference, and I was not so impressed. The rooms are liveable but a bit old and stale. The bathrooms are small but reasonably clean. The elevator was broken when I was there, and although the staff apologized, nobody offered to help me carry my bags up and down three flights of stairs.

One thing was outstanding, and that was the food. Excellent in every respect.

Generally OK, but you could do far better for the price.

• Liked — The Food Was Great
  • Disliked — Musty and Old Hotel
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Riverdale, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

This place is the worst possible hotel that isn't a "no tell motel". I have traveled a TON over the past year, but this is the worst place I've ever stayed at. It is so disgusting, so smelly, and so run down it should be shut down. If the room was $29.00 a night, sure have at it and enjoy. However for $189.00 a night, they should be ashamed. I am completely disgusted and want to wash myself 1000 times after staying here. Find yourself a Courtyard, a Residence, or even the rental car, but do NOT stay here.

RADNOR HOTEL if you are reading, UPDATE THIS PIECE OF JUNK HOTEL. IT IS GROSS AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.

Stayed March 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

The pictures on the hotel's website are very misleading. The lobby looks nice however the rooms are another story. My room was very small and outdated. After staying a couple nights there I awoke one morning with several small bites on my sleeping side. At first I thought it was a rash however after a day or so it became apparent that they are bug bites of some sort. Gross!
The restaurant's decor was okay however the menu only offered one vegetarian entree and a limited wine list. We only ate dinner there once during our week-long stay as we were unimpressed.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Been to Radnor Hotel? Share your experiences!