“Very nice amenities, very fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Radnor Hotel
591 E Lancaster Ave, Wayne, PA 19087   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Very nice amenities, very fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations for the price of the rooms. The staff was excellent. The restaurant served good food at a not unreasonable price, and the atmosphere was nice as well. Not much more I could have asked for a hotel on a business trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We couldn't have enjoyed our stay at the Radnor anymore than we did. We loved the one-room suite that was recommended to us and had more than ample space for my family of four. The staff was attentive and helpful and offered many suggestions how to make our stay more enjoyable. We also enjoyed the breakfast offered to us in the morning. We will be back for our next visit to Villanova!

• Stayed December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed for one night for business recently. Everything was good except I couldn't shut the water off all the way after taking a shower in the morning. But the room was clean and comfortable and quiet and the dinner at the Glen Morgan was solid. This is the second time I've stayed at the Radnor Hotel this year and it's improved enormously in the past couple of years. The person at the front desk told me that all the rooms have been renovated. I'll stay here again for sure.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Take it from someone who travels more than 6 months a year - the Radnor is a fair and cheap stay if your in town for a night. The accommodations get the job done, but it's a no trills hotel. The bar is lively post 5pm with business travelers and hotel guests, so be prepared to be boxed out if your looking to strike up small talk. There is a hidden Starbucks in the Giant Supermarket across the street which is open 24 hours

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I expected a lot more from a hotel that claims to be so "high class." I went to the Radnor Hotel for a friend of mine's wedding and I can't picture it going much worse. After the reception was over I had fallen asleep in my room and my boyfriend went outside for a smoke, unfortunately leaving his key card in the room. And even though the receptionist clearly saw him go outside he locked him out of the hotel, in which he was stuck outside in the cold for 2 hours. The receptionist then called the police on him. All in all...god forbid you're dressed in your pajamas after midnight here or they'll judge you and assume you're not staying at this hotel. The entire atmosphere of the stay was pretentious and snobby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
lprevost, Owner at Radnor Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Lauren E. , the Registered Guest , is leaving out several facts in her One Star Evaluation.
A male arrived at the Front Desk demanding a key to his " girlfriend's room" . He was intoxicated and had no ID and was fully dressed.
According to standard hotel safety procedure , access to a Guest Registered Room by a Non-Guest is not permitted at any time without authorization of the Registered Guest .
Front Desk Assistant Manager called the Guest Room several times with no response.
The intoxicated male went in and out of the Lobby door several times to smoke.
After Midnight , all perimeter doors are locked and the intoxicated male was allowed re- entry without hesitation several times.
Friends from the wedding became involved and after accompanying the intoxicated male to the Guest Room , the wedding patrons returned to the Front Desk and stated the female in her room did not want the intoxicated male to be allowed entry to her room.
Front Desk Assistant Manager called 911 and local police arrived immediately.
Police interviewed the male and went with the male to obtain his ID from the girl's room.
The police spoke to the girl and determined that it would be safe for all parties involved if she allowed the male entry of her room.
Police thanked us for promptly calling them and assured us that if they had to return to the hotel regarding the situation that the male in question would be arrested.
The room was quiet for the rest of the night.
As Owner-General Manager for 23 years , my investigation made it evident to me that my Front Desk Assistant Manager ( 4 years ) followed our Standard Operating Procedures to insure the safety of all involved.
He was aware of the intoxicated male's location at all times and notified Police immediately when he was made aware that a Registered Guest expressed concern for her own safety should he gain access to her Guest Room.
At no time was my Staff " pretentious or snobby" .
Indeed , my Staff did in fact act " High Class " by the normal standards of travelers that understand the meaning of these terms in my opinion.
I submit that Lauren E.'s rating of One Star is without merit and should be removed .
Louis Prevost
I
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

You do not want to miss this fabulous brunch! So many food selections and it's all fabulous! Great, classy atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff. I hosted a bridal shower for a friend there, and all of our guests just loved it. It was during the summer, so afterwards, we walked around the beautiful gardens and took photos. Really good time!

Mimosas and/or champagne is included in the price. Parking is free. The food selection is vast and everything was really tasty. I cannot wait to return! As a matter of fact, one of the shower guests held an outting there for an organization she leads.

Make a reservation and go early in the day. Enjoy!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I just stayed in this hotel for a business trip. The hotel was in a great location, the bed was extremely comfortable and the price was good. It is about 30 minutes from the airport and very easy to get to. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radnor Hotel? Share your experiences!