“Comfy and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Rochester, NY
“Comfy and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed two nights in room 106 at the Radnor Hotel to attend an out of town wedding. The front desk gave us a great tip to stay on the lower floors when there’s a wedding (and it’s a popular wedding venue) to avoid noisy guests. The hotel rooms are average in that the space is small, but functional. The updates are tasteful, but not luxurious. Our king size bed was comfy and the shower actually had plenty of water pressure. Try the Glen Morgan Grill at the hotel for lunch and Happy Hour. It was an in place the Friday night we were there. Huge bar, premium spirits are ½ price.

The real plus was the location. Close to major route 476, and the town of Wayne with some nice shops is 2 miles down the road. Plus, the alpha King of Prussia Mall is 15 minutes away without expressway driving. More shopping across from the hotel with stores like TJ Max, Bed Bath and Beyond. I rated the hotel a 4 to recognize the value of the location, otherwise it’s really a stand alone 3.

Room Tip: Stay away from floors with overnight wedding guests
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

An excellent business and leisure hotel that we have used several times; we keep going back because the service is excellent! The friendly staff, the comfortable rooms, the good food make our stay more enjoyable each time. We are welcomed by a friendly team, always in good mood and always ready to help and to make our stay a pleasurable experience. Radnor has become our home away from home. A must try! We recommend it without any reservation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were booked here by a sponsor who had himself not stayed at the Radnor. It is a beautiful hotel, with fabulous appointments but ancient air conditioning/heating. Our room started heating up about 8:00pm and we were sweating by 11:00pm. I called the front desk and was told to, "Just open the windows." Which we did. I explained to the front desk clerk the next morning that we were very uncomfortable and asked what the deal was, "It's that time of year we have either heat or air conditioning, that's the way it works." I said, "It would have been nice if you had told us that when we checked in."

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Maplewood,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed at the Radnor for one night to attend a party nearby. We checked in and the Front Desk employee was welcoming and advised us that the hotel was sold out due to a wedding there. Our room was on the Garden level overlooking the parking lot and it was very small. One of our 'keys' didn't work, but that was unimportant. Although we were disappointed in the location of the room, we decided to stay there as realized that we would not be in the room much. It worked out well as the room was immaculate, the beds were very comfortable and there were plenty of towels, bottled water, and a few supplies for the shower. We arrived back at the hotel just before midnight and went into the bar for a drink and snack. The service was very good despite the fact that they were very busy at that hour. The hotel was very quiet and the staff very willing to please.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I had to attend a mandatory training for my job in Philadelphia. I stayed at the Radnor Hotel in Saint Davids, PA. I left my mp3 player in my suitcase. It was brand new. I had training all day. When I came back to my hotel room to download songs onto my mp3 player it was gone. The only thing that was in my suitcase was my headphones and the plastic case it came in. My mp3 player and charger were stolen. When I reported this to the hotel. They kept saying this never happens at the Radnor. They claimed they would question the maid that cleaned my room and search to find it but I don't believe they did anything. If you ever stay at the Radnor my advice would be to lock your suitcase. Don't leave any valuables laying around!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Woking, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

The hotel was nice enough; the communal areas and the rooms were fine. Not amazing but fine. Free Wi-Fi was a bonus.

The food in the restaurant was very good, you can tell they have a great chef.

The problem here was the service. The general attitude of the staff seems to revolve around a superiority complex. There was one issue where a member of the waiting staff referred to our party as a 'pain in the bottom' but I don’t want to dwell on this as I don’t want you to think this one incident has tainted my opinion - this was just of many examples of the terrible attitude we faced.

In summery, sort out the service and you will have a pretty good hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed in the Radnor hotel because it was convenient to our family reunion. The property was nice and was in close proximity to the main street, rt 30, where all the shops and restaurants can be found. There was also a great spot in the hotel, the glenmorgan, for good food, drinks and sports games. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. There was nothing fancy about it however. The staff was also very nice and helpful. It should be noted that there is not a lot you can do by foot, you will need to find a car to take you most places in the area. Within walking distance, there is a large business park behind the hotel and a train station that can take you directly to the city. We went in and out of Philadelphia quite often, but the walk from the train station to the hotel at night was very very very dark. If you don't want to go all the way into the city, there is a small town center called Wayne nearby with a plethora of little restaurants and bars.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Radnor Hotel? Share your experiences!