“Good hotel - good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Philadelphia-Valley Forge

You added Embassy Suites Philadelphia-Valley Forge to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Philadelphia-Valley Forge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   888 Chesterbrook Blvd, Wayne, PA 19087 (Formerly Valley Forge Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Hannover
“Good hotel - good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Satisfied with hotel. Very warm welcome, early check in although hotel was almost fully booked. Rooms spacious and quiet, free internet. Lobby was a little bit too hot, however temperatures ousside were close to 100F. Manager reception with free beer and wine in the late afternoon, easy access from highways. Would stay again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Best hotel to start your historical touring of the surrounding park and sights.
Enjoy your made to order breakfast before you head out the door and down the scenic roads to the encampments of the 1770s.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Somerset, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

I was reluctant to reserve a room at this hotel based on reviews, but had little choice because it was the chosen location for a martial arts function. I am pleased to say that this hotel more than met my expectations. Although the furnishings and the facility are a bit dated, the room was clean and adequate. The breakfast was one of the best I've had at a hotel with a vast array of selections and it met servsafe food guidelines. They prepare omelets, eggs made to order and fresh pancakes. My son and other younger members with the group enjoyed the pool. When I called the front desk to request something, I offered to send my son to pick it up. I was pleased to be told that the item would be delivered to my room (which it promptly was). The only negative was to have housekeeping come knocking on the door at 10:30 am (checkout is noon). I'm not sure why, unless they were trying to get a jump start on cleaning rooms that used express checkout. I stay in hotels 3 out of 4 weeks each month on business and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Piedmont area, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I had hoped for a great stay, but came away disappointed. Overall a good experience, though.

Check-In was seamless and fast, although the rehearsed speech about what the hotel had to offer (room, breakfast, manager's reception, etc.) was a bit flat. It was pretty monotone and seemed canned.

The room was mostly clean and comfortable. A light bulb was on the side table beside the couch and the housekeeper had left a cleaning rag on top of the TV stand/bureau in the bedroom. There were 3-4 stains in the carpet (small) that I thought could easily be cleaned. The bathroom was clean, though I did find a long red hair wrapped up in the hair dryer cord and another on a hand towel. Yuck. The toilet seat was very loose.

The E Bar was pretty fun. Bill the bartender was a good guy and took great care of us. I ordered the $13 E Burger and it was pretty darn good. My friend had a Philly Cheese steak and said it was great.

Breakfast was good, not great. The omelettes were good. A small selection of fruit was available along with bacon/sausage, regular scrambled eggs, oatmeal, and some pretty awful hashbrowns. Overall it was OK.

The hot tub was more like a "luke warm" tub. I asked the maintenance guy and he said it was set at 98 degrees. I believe he felt that was normal. I said, "Seriously? 98 is body temperature." He said the managers would not let him set it higher. I really couldn't believe it. I went back to the room in hopes of taking a hot shower.

Speaking of hot water - I had none in my room. Again, luke warm at best. Each morning it was barely warm. I reported it and the maintenance guy (same one) said a boiler was accidentally knocked offline that morning and that I should be fine the next morning. When I awoke the next day - same thing. Luke warm (barely). Not sure what the aversion is to hot water in this hotel.

They offer a shuttle to take you anywhere within 5-miles. This was a great service and they treated us just fine here. We went to the mall and a local bar one night. A restaurant the next.

Internet at the hotel seemed desperately slow at times. One evening it moved a little faster than dial up.

The manager's reception was very good. Free beer, wine, and bottom shelf drinks. Nothing fancy, but we had a good time as a group. The young lady (I believe she was a college student) was pretty awesome.

I believe this hotel was recently renovated. They have a ways to go but overall I guess it was a good stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Las Colinas - DFW, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

I was travelling on business, and I think this hotel is just fine. It has a nice lobby, and all the rooms I've been to seem clean and large. This hotel is nice and quiet, but lacks dining options in the hotel, and around the area.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel for 6 months straight on business. I travel evrey week of the year and mostly stay in Embassy Suites (Diamond) member. This hotel compares poorly to every other Embassy Suites in which I've stayed. It's very old (recently converted from another hotel), the carpet is torn in many places, the rooms have an awful musky smell to them, and the breakfast is substandard. It looks as if the furniture is 20 years old - thoroughly worn through and faded.

Overall, the hotel has a very damp and cold feeling to it. (If you're used to Hilton Garden Inns or Hampton Inns, don't expect anything of that caliber here).

I've frequently encountered blown lights and hairs on my towels and throughout the bathroom. Also, you'll discover that the buttons on the phones in every room do not work. I just "guessed" that pressing 0 would ring the front desk.

However, the rooms are clean and comfortable for the most part. Just don't expect anything to exceed expectations. The staff is pleasant enough, but inexperienced.

The gym is a joke. There are a couple treadmills that appear to be from the 80s, and the weight bench is of lower quality (just steel, sharp edges, and uncomfortable to use).

In summary, it's fine for a couple days visit. But for extended stay, there are far superior hotels at a similar price in the area.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I just returned from a 4-night stay at this hotel for a business trip. Wherever possible, for business travel over a couple of days, I try to stay at a suite for the extra space to "stretch out". Embassy Suites are particularly attractive because all rooms are suites (so no last minute surprises at check-in), and included hot breakfast is always appreciated when you travel to a new place you've never been before.

The location of Embassy Suites Valley Forge is ok. It's right off the exit of an interstate, which makes it easy to find. On the other hand, there isn't anything nearby (meaning walking distance) so the closest restaurants and stores are 5-minute driving away.

The room is clean, in a typical Embassy Suites floorplan layout. The bedroom is a separate quarter with a door separating it from the living room area. 40" LCD TV (no HD) is available in the living room, and a vintage tube TV in the bedroom. Water pressure in the shower is acceptable, not great. Free wired and wireless internet available in room. Elevators are fast, which is key if you're on the higher floors.

The only subpar thing about this hotel is the complimentary breakfast. I've stayed at a dozen other Embassy Suites around the country and this one is the poorest. I ate there 3 out of the 4 mornings I was there (only because it's convenient), and the only food I ate after the first day was the made-to-order omelet. The other pre-made hot food items (scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc.) are less than passable, they're perhaps unsafe to eat because they're not even lukewarm (someone needs to check the hot-tray thermostat). I didn't risk eating any after having a couple of bites the first day. It was quite disappointing, as a number of other Embassy Suites offer things like pancakes/waffles and this one doesn't even offer them.

All-in-all, this is a good hotel and a good value for Valley Forge. I just have to take off a point for the lackluster breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia-Valley Forge? Share your experiences!