“Wonder what happened?” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Hillside, New Jersey
“Wonder what happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at the Gravity Inn restaurant last night. We had eaten there in the past and found the food to be good. Well, the food was okay, but the service was very slow. The dining room is rather run down with dirty carpeting. The waitress we had really did not know the menu as she had difficulty answering questions about some of the selections.

After eating, I went to the rest room to wash up. It was occupied. As I waited outside the door, an employee exited and went into the kitchen. I became concerned as I did not hear water running in the sink. (Washing of hands). I entered and my concern was justified. The sink was dry.

We will not be dining here again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cliff32, Manager at The Gravity Inn Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate every bit of feedback from our customers. It's important for us to learn of the good & bad things so we can continue to improve our service & facility. I'm sorry your experience was not a good one. However I can assure we take employee hand washing very seriously, it is possible that the employee did not wash their hands in the public restroom but please be assured they do wash their hands at our handwashing station in the kitchen. I will reiterate to my employees the importance of handwashing & washing their hands twice, once in the public bathroom & again at our handwashing station in the kitchen can only come with good results.

Malvern, Pennsylvania
“The Gravity Restaurant, Bar & Inn. Just like home cooking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Several reviews have already been posted on the motel, but no one has yet reviewed the restaurant. Visitors to western Wayne County should consider wandering off U.S. Highway 6 at Waymart for a satisfying meal at the Gravity Restaurant. First appearances as one drives up to the restaurant are less than appealing. But, don't judge a book by its cover. This is a well kept (except for the parking lot!), well managed restaurant. Decor is simple yet pleasing. Waitstaff are friendly. The quality of the food is very good and the portions are very generous. The menu is somewhat limited, but I always find something I'm in the mood for. My favorites are the chicken marsala and pork schnitzel. Their menu is posted on their website. In addition to a variety of steak, chicken, fish, and pork entrees, you will find pasta, burgers, salads, and sandwiches. Something for everyone. Great wings on Monday evenings (30 cents each!) Vegetables always seem fresh; not frozen or canned. There are not many restaurants to choose from in this part of the county. I rate the Gravity Restaurant as the best in quality.