“A Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Washington
Scotia, New York
“A Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

The sign on "The Inn" is small and easily missed, so I ended up at the ball field nearby, from which I phoned the motel and they gave me directions. I was not impressed by the location. There appeared to be construction in their parking lot as well as the motel next door. However, I was flabbergasted when I was given a superior room on the first floor with a king-size bed, an electric fireplace (not needed in July, naturally), and a corner jacuzzi in the room. It was a lot of room for a relatively low price. Another good thing was that it was right across the street from Angelo's Restaurant, a dining delight.
On the negative side, and that's not much, the bathroom door couldn't be opened all the way because it hit the front of the toilet, other guests were quite noisy in the hall for much of the evening, and there was no breakfast. Only one person was at the front desk when I arrived, and when I left he was on a break, so I just left my room key and hoped he found it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Families
Business
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a hotel for an overnight getaway. We drive down The Meadows and instead of booking a hotel ahead of time decided to chance it by finding a hotel when we got there. Stopping at a rest stop we found a booklet that had The Inn listed for $80 with a jacuzzi and two fireplaces. It was extremely hard to find and we had to call twice and stop and ask directions, but in truth had someone simply said by the Washington Crown Mall or the Washington Wilds field we might have found it easier. I was nervous it being a smaller hotel when we pulled in. The desk clerk was a friendly young man who let us look at the room before booking it. Once I saw the room I fell in love with it. The bed was comfortable. TV was huge and swiveled so you could see it from jacuzzi or bed. The fireplace was double sided and was near the bed/facing the jacuzzi. It was like two separate rooms.
Only a few minor problems. The shower was weak and only seemed to work on hot or cold, warm shut it off. The ice machine was DIRTY and there was mold and a bug in it. Bathroom was tiny, ex. opening the door hit the commode(not made for a larger person). Outside door specifically says it is locked at all times and a key is needed to enter but it was NEVER locked when we were there. No one was at the front desk at check out, sign said 15 minutes but we didn't wait.
Can't comment on breakfast next door or anything. bed was too comfortable and warm with fireplace so skip breakfast.
All in all it was a charming. A nice getaway for a couple.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

My wife and I stayed here in order to catch a rest on a drive to Ohio. I checked out several rooms on the internet and several new places were over $100 while the $50 hotels appeared to be of marginal quality. We chose this hotel for the $60 rate.

Location: The hotel is west of I-70 at the Chestnut Street exit. We had some difficulty finding the place via the GPS. Franklin Drive is a private road and doesn't show up everywhere. If you are traveling with a GPS, it might not be a bad ida to use the Gander Mountain Store or Consol Energy Stadium. That will get you where you need to be. The hotel is adjacent to a Comfort Suites. We had to call for directions and received good directions from the night desk clerk.

Check-in: No problems. We received the rate we guaranteed from the online travel agency. The night clerk was extremely pleasant and friendly.

Rooms: One thing to note is that if you need a disabled accessible room, I don't believe that there was an elevator. So call in advance for anything with that. The entire hotel is non-smoking so no stinky rooms. Not sure if the hotel is new or not, but the room numbers are printed on paper and stapled to the wall.

The room was quite large. The bathroom was nice with newer tile counter and tub surround. The room had a hot tub in the far corner, work table and faux fireplace for heat. Carpets were in good shape. The bed was a king and very comfortable. Wireless internet is free. Very pleasant.

Amenities: The hotel itself is relatively spartan. However, the desk clerk informed me that the hotel is affiliated with the Comfort Suites next door, so you can go there in the morning and get the free breakfast and use their other facilities. The breakfast was light. Some eggs, sausage, small baked goods, coffee and juices. All that works for me.

Overall, I was pretty impressed. I have paid this much and stayed in far lesser hotels. I would say that since you can use the amenities next door, this is really more of a three star place. And considering the prices of the otehr three star joints, this is really a bargain at $60. I would recommend if you aren't looking to pay too much for a room in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
socal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

great price, clean room, good internet, good tv with a good amount of channels, room not to small.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Philladelphia, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

First off, the Inn at Washington is a nice place to stay, the amenities (gym, breakfast next door) and comfortable bed make it decent and the price is right. But the staff is nasty. Not all the staff, the night desk clerk was friendly to us on our stay. In the morning we went to the gym and breakfast. The desk clerk was very rude and sharp with us when we asked him about the key for the gym telling us that the gym was opened already and what did we want him to do. Upon returning to our room for showers we found two members of the cleaning staff at our room. They tried handing us towels and kept repeating “need towel?” We explained that we were going to take our showers now and would be leaving the room for the day shortly. After our showers, we left for the day making sure to flip our sign from “Do Not Disturb” to “Maid Service Requested”. We left at about 10:30 AM. We returned at 11PM to find our room untouched. The bed was not made, no new towels and the trash was not emptied. We brought it to the attention of the Desk Clerk. He gave us new towels at least and said “They most likely thought that you left the do not disturb sign up.” We flip the sign to “Do Not Disturb” and go to bed. The next morning my wife was in the shower and I was getting undressed when in walks the maid without knocking. She leaves saying “Check later”. Now here is the kicker, at checkout I tell the woman at the front desk about our problems. We had a similar problem at the hotel next door which was resolved in getting a night free. This woman tells me to wait a moment. When she returns she has the maid and the man who was trying to give me towels (he wore a uniform from the Comfort Suites next door). The man points at me and starts shouting in another language. The clerk then states that he claims we had the “Do Not Disturb” sign up all day (no one besides me said anything about being walked in on) I quietly explain that we had flipped the sign to say “Maid Service Requested” and both he and the maid go off in a tangent in their native tongue after the clerk translates. They were getting angry and shouting. The clerk then says “If you are expecting a refund, you are not getting one.” I ask “what are you going to do for me then?” And she says “Have a nice day” I storm out and as I am getting ready to pull out of my parking space I look up to see the maid staring down at me and giving the evil eye from the second story hall window. I am never staying here again and I advise you to think twice before you do. Don’t be fooled by the comfy beds and nice rooms.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

i've been calling this place for over a day and the only phone number listed in a phone book, online, google, goes DIRECTLY to a FAX line...

Looking for a weekly or monthly rate as i'll be working in the area for many months.

Get ur phones straight. Sheesh.

Stayed August 2008
washington pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

I was very impressed with the room we had (double fireplace hot tub ect) however we decided to book another room for our anniversary only to find out that the price had increased by $50.00 in less than 30 days. WOW. 79 DOLLARS TO 129 DOLLARS. I was told by the staff that It was the owners decision.
Dont get me wrong everyone that works there is extremely nice Jim to be specific. You wont be disappointed in your accomodations, just watch the pricing. My employer would have matched the price no questions asked. especially considering that it was not even 30 days ago. this will be my last stay here.

• Liked — room was very clean
  • Disliked — random price changes
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Inn-Washington? Share your experiences!