“Staff = A+” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Washington
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Staff = A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've stayed at many hotels, in many different states, throughout my life, and this hotel, by far, has the friendliest staff I've ever meet. No matter what time of day, you will be met by a greeting of some kind, by any staff member. Not one of them, has failed to do this in the 4 weeks of my stay. You can have the world's nicest hotel, but if I'm dreading the whole process of having to talk to the staff for anything, the experience is not worth it for me. The staff members at this hotel, have gone out of their way, including doing things on their off time, to help me when I needed it. I'm hoping my travels will bring me back to this hotel in the future because I've come to consider some members of the staff as my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ComfortSuites485, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review of our hotel. On behalf of our whole staff, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. Our staff always tries to make our guests feel welcomed and have an amazing experience while they are here. I am very pleased to know that you had a pleasant experience while with us. We also hope your travels bring you back to stay with us.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Starting with the person who checked me in this experience was a bad one. The room had an odor, the carpet was loose and wrinkled, there were ants in bathroom and interstate road noise through the window. The breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ComfortSuites485, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Sir,
We'd like to apologize for your unsatisfactory stay at our property last month. Our staff always strives to be as courteous and accommodating as possible to all of our guests, so we will certainly go ahead and address your issue with our staff to ensure that this experience at check in won't happen during your next stay with us. We are currently undergoing renovations at our location, so the carpeting will be the next to be replaced, so rest assured, this issue is currently being taken care of. As you are aware, our property is in fact situated right beside interstate 70. Again, we apologize that you experienced highway noise during your stay. Had we had the availability to move you, we certainly would have done so. We do hope that the steps we have taken to better improve yours and any other forthcoming guest's stay will be cause for you to try us out again. We'd love to have you.

Front Desk Management
Peru, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent 4 nights at this hotel and would definitely stay there again. This is about the 4th or 5th Tina I stayed there and have been extremely happy. It is a very clean and comfortable as hotels. The people working there have been great, would recommend it to anyone traveling thru the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ComfortSuites485, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be both clean and comfortable. Also thank you for recommending us to others. We hope to see you in the future.

Hotel Mangement
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We made a last minute decision to go to this area. As such, I didn't do a lot of research on area hotels. This was the first place we tried and they had a room. We were tired so, without looking at the room, we accepted it. It was an oddly shaped room to say the least. Most of the room was a long hallway leading to the sleeping area. The sleeping area was quite cramped. There was a large, comfortable bed, a small chair with a very large ottoman and that was pretty much it.... The room was clean for the most part. In the bathroom, there is a recessed area where the towels are placed. I really liked the look of this and found it unique. However, I placed my clothes there as well and when I picked them up, they were quite dusty. The room was quiet but quite average. I was disappointed the inn does not have a pool...not even the tiny pools almost all hotels/inns have. I'm not sure who did the carpeting in the hotel, but it is probably the worst carpeting job I have ever seen! It is not tight as it should be and I found myself tripping (not falling) often as I walked in the halls and in our room. It didn't look that old so I think I would try to have the company redo the work. For our second night in the area, my husband and I found other sleeping arrangements. Would I recommend this inn to a friend??? No. The staff was quite nice, but that was where the above average experience ended. There are other, much nicer and less expensive places to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuites485, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a part of the management team I would like to apologize that you were less then satisfied with your stay at our hotel.
Our property is in the midst of renovations so the issues that you have mentioned are in the works of getting redone.
Although you were disatisfied that we do not have a pool I am glad that you found a little comfort in our bed. After looking at your reservation I do see that you stayed in one of our standard king rooms which is a smaller room, however we do have Suites that are much larger. I have addressed your housekeeping concerns with the housekeeping department supervisor.
We do hope that you will give us another shot after the renovations are complete.
Kentland, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is challenging to get to if you are not sure of the roads. Fortunately, I had Googlemapped it so I was aware that it had some twists and turns to maneuver to get there...up a really large incline. Our room was ready for us when we arrived and the guest staff was very courteous at check-in. They were knowledgeable about recommending a place for dinner. I was very impressed with complementary popcorn bags and chilled lemonade available at the check-in desk for guests. The computer area had a laser printer which made printing directions for the road a snap. Our room was quite a hike from the desk. The hotel looked new from the outside but once inside it was obviously much older.The hallways were dark and the decor was bland. I was confused about the hallways...they seemed oddly shaped and the walls bowed out into the hall. Another guest mentioned the same thing....felt like it was a carnival's fun house! The wallpaper in the hallways was peeling and the stairwell was in disrepair and needed a coat of paint. Our room smelled very musty upon entering but cleared after having the air conditioner on for awhile. Inside the room each bed had a bag of Hershey Kisses and a nice note. Very clever! The beds were comfortable and the pillows were heavenly. Our bathroom was a bit outdated and not in the best shape. The wall paper was peeling off the walls and the groutng in the tile was very dirty. The tub was dirty and I had to run the shower before I could get in to wash the dirt/stains out. Not cool! The hotel was close to a mall, restaurants, sports bar and a nice Italian Restaurant. We opted for the sports bar and were the only ones in it about 8pm. That felt very odd because it was a nice place for socializing although not many people were in there for a Friday night. We did not eat the breakfast as we opted to "sleep in" before hitting the road. The room had the standard coffee pot so that gave me the pick-up I needed. A little updating and a cleaner bathroom kept this rating low.

Room Tip: Ask for the wing close to the desk or it is a hike!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuites485, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to tell us about your experience with us. We're glad to see that you did in fact enjoy the amenities provided to your by our staff, as well as the friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff. We apologize for the appearance, but please know that we are currently in the middle of renovations. We will certainly address all issues that you had with your stay to the appropriate staff. Your feedback is very important to us, and we hope that you stay with us again and give us the opportunity to provide you with a great stay.

Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This has been the best stay in a hotel in a long time for my husband and I. The staff was great, friendly and available for questions and suggestions on places to shop and eat. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was excellent.
The hotel is in walking distance to The Washington Wild Things, minor league baseball team. That is one attraction you to attend. Never been to such a family event with great baseball! Don't miss this whatever you do!
Great job staff, keep up the great work! See you next year.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor facing the Wild Things Baseball Stadium and the room was quiet and comfor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuites485, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Ms. Liz,
Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to write such a lovely review about your stay with us. We're so glad you found our staff to be knowledgeable and friendly, as well as our hotel and rooms to be comfortable and clean. We here at the Comfort Inn and Suites strive to give our guests the best experience that they deserve, this include our great breakfast, clean rooms, and friendly staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been trying to get to stay here during June for several years, and this was my first time! I was able to get a nice king suite for me and my two little ones. I did this so they could have a whirlpool tub since there is no pool. The suite also had a rain shower. Lots of room. Excellent AC!!! The bed was so comfortable. You can walk to the WildThings ball park or the mall. There is a nightclub very close which would have typically kept me awake, but I was SOOO tired that it didn't bother me. (Maybe ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel.) Breakfast was ok. The breakfast area was a bit small, so if there is a large group it may get a little cramped. I was very impressed with the "little things" such as popcorn bags and lemonade I believe upon check-in. There was a nice note and a small bag of Hershey Kisses on our bed when we arrived. I would love to stay here again when we are in town. I am not sure if they might be doing some renovating/updating if that makes a difference to anyone. We noticed some things that might need "touched up" or "finished" but did NOT affect our stay or opinion of the place at all. Great place, great stay, great value.

Room Tip: There is a bar across the street and a ball field about .1 of a mile, so if you need super quiet you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuites485, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to tell us about your stay. We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us, and are glad you found your room to go above and beyond your expectations. The lemonade and various popcorn flavors offered at check in is the least we can provide for our guests when they arrive, and we're happy to see that you enjoyed that along with the hershey kisses as well. You are correct, our property is in the process of being renovated, and we hope to have the renovation process completed very soon. Thank you again for telling us about your stay, and we hope to see you again!

Hotel Management

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!