“Quality has gone downhill” 2 of 5 stars

373 Washington Road, Washington, PA
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 146 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American
“Quality has gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I did the build a burger, I asked if I could get an egg added to my burger, now this wasn't on the menu in fairness but other custom burger places that I have been to you can always get a good fried egg on your burger. The waitress said that she could do it but it would be an up charge and I said that's fine. When the burger came it had a cold hard-boiled egg cut in half on top of the burger. The waitress said that they had the eggs shipped in and they didn't even have eggs there, so I told her this was not good and I just took them off right in front of her. She told me she used to work at Denny's and they always put a fried egg on the burger there, so she knew this is not the way I wanted it but did not tell me and just served it with the hard boiled egg on top. Aside from that the hamburger must've been 4 ounces which is very small and this did not meet my expectation. I Think the quality at this restaurant has gone downhill and I don't think I would ever go back even though I was a long time customer at Max and Erma's.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were under-whelmed by our meal and service at Max and Ermas. It is a step up from Red Robins, but there has to be better local burger joints.

Visited September 2013
Edinburg, Virginia
“Great little place for lunch or dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

With so many restaurants to choose from we wanted to try one that wasnt in our home town. Max and Ermas was it. This place had a nice atmosphere, friendly staff, and good food. The portions were large and delicious. Wish there was one closer to home. Hubby had the Tony's Bodacious Burger and I tried the garbage burger (loaded with everything, hold as needed) both were good and honestly we could have split one, but left overs at a hotel is never a bad thing.

Visited August 2013
Washington, Pennsylvania
“BEST IN WASHINGTON”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love this place. My husband and I go there once a week. I have my usual the Turkey burger. My husband tries out different stuff. We usually sit in the bar area and get great service. Cookie day is great you get two cookies. YUM YUM cant wait to get there this week.

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
“Good food but not seating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The waitress was fantastic! Food as usual was good. People seated around us were loud and obnoxious. But M & E’s can’t choose their customers. I didn’t like the design that we were sharing one large booth or bench. I’m not fond of the Washington location because we are so close to people and when their kids act crazy like trying to climb on the table while I try to teach mine proper behavior it’s not easy. We’ve only been here twice. Our friendly over attentive waitress made us feel as relaxed as possible though. But after 2 bad experiences we don't plan to return.

• Visited December 2012