“Horrible staff!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Horrible staff!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We recently tried Solomon's for the first time last evening. The hostess was incredibly rude who turned out to be an owner. She acted annoyed when we requested a high chair for our child. The table was situated so we could easily see into the kitchen an located next to the beverage area. You could see the staff cooking your food with tobacco in their mouths. Staff was not cleanly what so ever as preparing dinner drinks.
The staff was slow and rude and acted annoyed by anything we asked. The food was okay but not worth the attitude you receive and general uncomfortable feeling while dining there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Pennsylvania
“Seafood and Steaks and Beer, Oh My!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've recently 'liked' Solomon's on Facebook and found out about all of awesome new items that are available there. My husband and I went there for dinner a couple of weeks ago. I wanted a fish sandwich and the waitress told me about their 'Premium' Cod sandwich that is on a new brioche (not sure if I spelled that right) bun. It was excellent and I didn't even use any sauces, which I usually do. My husband is not always a seafood lover, but he does like crab cakes - and Solomon's crab cakes are sure to impress! We were also surprised by the selection of drinks, especially the great beers with the draft glass washer!

So impressed that we've been back 3 times since and had a variety of items including the Delmonico, Grouper, Calamari, Seafood Bisque and a terrific salad. Staff is always friendly and it seems like they're always trying to make improvements. The atmosphere is great and seems very family oriented. I would highly recommend!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
pittsburgh pa
“Call the board of health”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Tried this place again while family was home for the holidays. It was even worse than the first time in October. How can a restaurant go further downhill in 2 months. This place was so dirty I couldn't believe the board of health has not shut them down. My ice in my water had black particles on it, there was a long red hair in my sons pasta& as it couldn't get any worse, when the manager came out to talk to us, he had A Big wad of chew in his mouth. How disgusting. We sat in the lOunge & it reeked of a strong body odor! GROSS, never Again& I mean it this time! PLEASE save your $ & go ELSEWHERE!! If this place is not shut down soon, it will be. Godsend!

“Blah”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Very rude bartender, who I later found out was the owner. She rushed us through our meal to make room for her family. Lousy meal anyway. Beer was warm, floor was dirty, and the chef was drinking and chewing tobacco behind the bar. Yuk.. Bathroom was filthy, and there was a strong sewage smell coming from the door to the kitchen. Shrimp was over cooked, and the coleslaw tasted spoiled. When I told the server, she brought me another serving from the same batch. Very strong body oder smell in the bar area also. Go somewhere else!

pittsburgh pa
“Go to Mitchells Fish Market”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place is not what it used to be! They have gotten new management which does not know what they are doing.This business was established on the older clientel and they are trying to rid that for a new,young hipper generation of clients! You can't ruin what made you! The food has gone down hill tremendosly, a new chef who thinks he knows it all! They are changing the fish on there fish sandwiches,scallops are so tiny they are barley visible to the human eye.The specials that they have on weekends have nothing to do with seafood,& they are ridiculousley overpriced! If you want GOOD,FRESH seafood do yourself a favor & go to mitchells fish market.At lest they will have servers properly dressed.If you like teenyboppers with shorts up to there rear-end then go to solomons! Its not worth it...

• Visited September 2012