You added Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel is situated up on a hill right beside the Tanger outlets. It is in a great location and is clean and on the newer side. We enjoyed our stay and the kids loved swimming in the pool. The staff was pleasant and although we were sent to an unclean room the first time, the front desk girl was very apologetic and made sure the next room we were giving was ready for us. The room itself was a little smaller than other courtyards we've stayed in and the bed not as comfy, but it did the job. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
kkak1234,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience with us at Courtyard Washington. We're glad you and your family enjoyed your visit, and the kids had a good time in the pool. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short in meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and hope you will visit us again for more family fun. Thank you again for writing.

John Sherman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

GREAT location, conveniently sandwiched between the Tanger Outlets and the Meadows casino. Staff was pleasant and helpful (needed a toothbrush; they don't even sell them in the market, just have complimentary ones) and the bathroom was really cool. The only reason I didn't give this hotel five stars is because there weren't any pay-per-view movies, although I'm told by folks in the business that usually properties closer to city center are the ones that have movies on demand. I will definitely be staying here again and I highly recommend it if you're in the area to shop or gamble. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Candolina,
We appreciate your review and high recommendations of Courtyard Washington. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our great location and helpful staff to meet your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us so we thank you again for writing. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed overnight coming back to Ontario from South Carolina. We were very pleased with the friendly staff and the clean and comfortable hotel room. It is more expensive than others in the area but we feel it was money well spent. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Nadine L,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Washington on your travels from South Carolina back to Ontario. We're happy to have been a part of your trip, and we're glad you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Thank you once again for your great review.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

As a business traveler, I have stayed at many many hotels. What stood out for me at this hotel was the professionalism and sincere kindness of the young blond-haired woman that took my order and served breakfast for me each morning. Always smiling. Always happy. Always professional. I wish I had gotten her name so I could mention it here but she truly is an exemplary employee at your hotel. The hotel itself was clean and nice. Actually booking another stay in the next week. Happy to be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
todda3014,
Thank you for writing a review about your Courtyard Washington experience. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while traveling on business, and we're pleased to hear that our staff's excellence in service made for an enjoyable stay. I look forward to sharing your complimentary feedback with our team as they strive daily to exceed guest expectations. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I approached the front desk to check in about 4 pm. I was the only customer and the phone was not ringing. The young man behind the desk looked up briefly from his computer and grunted at me. I didn't say a word because he seemed so intent on his computer work. After 4 or 5 minutes, a young woman went behind the counter and asked him if she could help--he quickly declined her offer as I continued to stand there, waiting to check in. Maybe I offended him when I checked my watch and realized that 11 minutes had passed, but he didn't really look at me. He called out to the woman and said with much impatience in his voice, "Can you help HER?" The young woman return to the counter, the two exchanged some kind of knowing look, and she said, ID please. The only other thing she asked was why I was in Washington. It was my first opportunity to speak a word and I froze...what was she accusing me off? Was I at the wrong hotel? Did I do something wrong? I finally mutter, just passing through. She didn't even bother to listen to my answer...just shoved the key at me. I figured out how to get to the room myself and it was spacious and clean. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels in the last few years so first thing I did was check for bed bugs...and found no sign of them. Whew! The room was delightful and I so wanted to like this Courtyard, but I felt so unwelcome that I was not comfortable staying there. I went back to the lobby later and the young man had a line of people waiting to check in but he was busy demonstrating something on the computer to a colleague. In the early evening I again past through the lobby and realized that the young man not only recognized me but was avoiding all eye contact with me...totally avoidance. I walked up to him and gave him my best smile and asked him what his name was. NICK was very proud to give me his name...guess he thought I wanted to reward him for his service to me. I hunted for ice water that's put out in every other Courtyard I've stayed in or the all day coffee...but here was none. What I usually see as a warm, inviting cafe was by now just a cold, sterile food service place. I have never been made to feel so unwanted as a guest as Nick made me feel. Not only don't I want to stay here again, I have found myself avoiding all Courtyards. I can earn the same rewards with the Hilton chains as the Marriott chains and they have never made me feel unwelcome. It's been over a month now and I thought I'd forget about it...but you can tell by this review that Nick's attitude has left me not ever wanting to go back to this or any other Courtyard. A simple "hello, welcome, I'll be with you in just a moment" at the beginning of my 15 minute check-in would have completely changed my review.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
TravMuch,
Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay and service you’ve come to expect from us. We value your business and your loyalty to our brand. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our team and additional steps were taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We do hope you'll consider staying with us again. Thank you again for writing.

Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Fantastic rooms and welcoming large lobby. Bar was great and the lady working there was extremely helpful and pleasant. We had our U14 youth hockey team there and they couldn't have been more welcoming.
Extremely clean. Modern rooms. Cable TV with channel menu (surprisingly rare in hotels). Excellent pool. Easy in/out from I-79. Plenty of parking. Quick registration and check-out.
I am a Marriott Gold Elite member, and this was a great hotel. Comfort and convenience is always worth a few extra bucks.
Forgot to mention the fantastic patio with fire pit. Great place to relax with an expansive view.

Room Tip: Get a high floor (5th). Or at least ask to stay away from wedding parties that come in late. Altho...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dble_Inc_Two_Kids,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Washington for your U14 youth hockey team's hotel accommodations. We're glad you found our property, amenities, and services well suited for your team's travel needs. We appreciate your business and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and fresh and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff made checking in and out very easy! The lobby area is attractive and well maintained. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mary Ann S,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback about our excellent hotel. It's great to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our helpful staff and clean accommodations to meet your satisfaction. We hope to see you again soon at Courtyard Washington. Thank you again for writing.

John Sherman, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands? Share your experiences!