“very disappointing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Washington
Wall, Pennsylvania, USA
“very disappointing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I made my reservation for two queen size beds in a non-smoking room for November 22, 2012 and I made this reservation several weeks in advance. When we (4 adults) arrived we were shown to a lovely room with only 1 king size bed. The room would have been fine if that is what I had requested, but it was not adequate for 4 adults. I call the desk and explained their error and they said they had nothing else available, but they would give us a roll-away bed and the couch opened into a bed. The room was lovely but not big enough for all this extra equipment and it made it hard to move around. I feel they should keep extra rooms availabe for just such emergencies. What would have been a lovely time turned out to be not so lovely and we were very disappointed. We will think twice about reserving a room there again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria Suites Washington, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us why our service fell below your expectations. I do understand your frustration with the error in room types & I apologize for an inconvenience this caused you. It's my goal to restore your confidence in our company by preventing this from happening again. If you do chose to give us another chance, please ask for me directly so I can ensure everything is perfect with the reservation. Thank you again, for your honest feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I recently stayed two nights in a single king suite for business in nearby Canonsburg. The property seems to be new, is very stylish for its price point, had a pleasant, professional staff and I would be certainly stay there again when in the area. My room was spacious with a separated sleeping and office / sitting area, very comfortable bed, spare electrical outlets next to the desk where they should be, a small fridge and microwave, lighting where it should be, walk in shower and high sink, two TVs with data hookups, trouble free Internet access… everything seemed to be thought out well and full of nice touches.

I might add that although I didn’t have a chance to enjoy the restaurant, bar, pool or work out area, all were equally inviting.

I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to our area. We appreciate the kind words you have shared about our hotel & the recommendation to others. I'm happy to hear that the layout of the room & the amenities included were found helpful to you. We'd be happy to have you with us again in the future, safe travels!
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Cambria Suites is the flagship hotel in the Choice Hotels group. This brand is rather new and such a treat. It is well suited to a business clientele with a dedicated office arae and a separate bed area. There are two tv's- one in the bed area and one in the mini-living room area. The bathroom is spacious with a walk in shower. The lobby is also spacious, inviting people to watch a large TV screen there, if desired. The pool and workout room looked tempting. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful. If you are in the Pittsburgh area, stay here- the little drive into the city is well worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the great review! We really appreciate the positive feedback we have received from you & will share with the rest of the staff. We are glad you chose our hotel during your travels & hope you visit us again soon!
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Hotel seemed fairly new. In a great location for what we wanted to do. Room was awesome and very clean, one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in at a motel/hotel. For me the biggest drawback was the fack that check-in was 3 but we weren't able to get into our room till about 4 and we didn't even get there till 3:30. I felt they could have done something for our inconvience but they didn't. But other than that I would recommend this hotel, my wife was very pleased so all was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria Suites Washington, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking to the time to review your stay here at Cambria Suites. We love to hear feedback & ensure that each guest will be returning. I'm happy to hear that the bed was comfortable & that you loved your room overall. I do apologize that your room was not ready when you arrived. I do understand that this aspect of the hotel fell below your expectations. I hope that you will give us another try when you travel back to our area. Thanks again!
Clearwater, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

First time at a Cambria Suites, the Marriott Courtyard was sold out. Frankly, this is a nice property. I love a big lobby with TV, people noise, work areas, food. The Cambria delivers well here. The front desk guys, Joe in particular, were very helpful with restaurant choices and actually ran me over in their shuttle. The fitness room is really a fitness room! Its big, has about 6-7 cardio machines, treadmills, full weights, big TV and one wall is all flass, looking out over the pool and landscaping outside. My room was clean and as hip as any Marriott. The one knock; the wi-fi was terrible in the room, in the lobby, everywhere. I have an iphone 5. a new iPad and a MacBook Pro so it isnt my equipment. If McDonalds can get wi-fi right why can't hotels. Now that im over the rant, the property and staff here make this easily the best choice in Washington.

Room Tip: room 135 was in the back, nature views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback! I am glad to hear that you gave our hotel a chance & were pleased with your stay. I will definitely pass on the kind comments that you gave our staff, they'll be happy to hear them as well! I'm sorry to hear that the internet connection was terrible for you & gave you issues during your stay. I assure you that this was passed on to the engineering department to ensure a stable internet connection. We are glad to hear that you feel we are the best choice in Washington, it's our goal to keep it that way!
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I travel frequently for business and this property is a very good option for the area. Reservation was easy, check-in was fairly quick with attentive desk personnel.

The room was on the 4th floor and elevator was not the fastest but both were available and working. The only reason I did not give "Excellent" is that I did not receive replenished coffee each of the three days. The coffee pot was not cleaned, nor were any coffee or condiments provided on day 2 of 3. Room staff did clean the bathroom and made the bed nicely.

This hotel does not offer any breakfast included but does have a cook offering omelets cooked to order and there is a buffet style line with eggs, meats, breads.

Overall it was a Very Good experience and I would recommend and also stay again at this location.

PS-This was a business trip, but the location of this place is great for access to casino and shopping outlet mall.

Allen P

Room Tip: All rooms are suites and the rooms on back of building are away from highway traffic. Parking is sh...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria Suites Washington, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for the review. I want to first say thank you for being a frequent guest of ours, we appreciate that. I'm very sorry to hear that your coffee was not replenished daily during your stay. We value your business & will address this issue as quickly as possible. We do appreciate you continuing to recommend our hotel to others for business or leisure stays. Thank you again for your honest feedback, we look forward to serving you again in the future!
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved this place! Clean, affordable, friendly, and not too pricey! The rooms are nice and the beds are comfy and cozy. The staff is great and helpful. No noise heard from any other rooms. The breakfast buffet left a little to be desired but they made up for it with fresh made omelets. I would go there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review! I'm pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be clean, affordable, & friendly. Staff performance is very important, I'm glad they were helpful to you! I will pass along the kind words to our staff. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Been to Cambria Suites Washington? Share your experiences!