“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Washington
San Jose, California
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Pretty stylish rooms and good food/drinks at the bar downstairs. Wifi but no free breakfast and a shuttle for the casino makes it convenient.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Cambria22, General Manager at Cambria Suites Washington, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you Vince E for the kind review & for choosing Cambria Suites Hotel for your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your experience at our Reflect Bistro & Bar. Also, we are glad to hear that the casino shuttle was a convienience for you. We hope you choose Cambria Suites again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stumbles upon this hotel, and we are very lucky for it. Great rooms - new, clean, comfortable and very updated. Nice amenities in lobby. Good fitness center. Staff - front desk and housekeeping - exceptionally nice! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you stormlaw for the great review! We really appreciate the kind comments about our hotel & are glad you were pleased. We thank you in advance for the reccomendation of our hotel to family & friends!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Clean, modern, well decorated and quiet. Good food and service. Odd location, next to the Audi dealer. I wasn't familiar with Cambria Suites, but will check them for future trips.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My family stayed at the Cambria the second weeks of August for the World Series. Prior to our arrival I spoke to the wonderful front desk manager Aubrey several times. She was knowlegeable, friendly and anwsered all my questions regarding my reservation. She also went above and beyond to get the boys into a couple of rooms at the hotel when they found out they were staying at a not so nice hotel provided by the World Series. She does a wonderful job at the front desk!!!!!!!

The hotel was clean, modern and the staff were friendly and made sure we had everything to make our stay comfortable. We had a King Suite and there was enough room for 4 with two plasma tv's, a microwave and mini fridge.

The restaurant was good, one suggestion would be to have two waitresses or bartenders working when the hotel is at capacity. Callie and Jordan were wonderful in the restaurant.

The housekeeping staff was also great. Special thanks to Alexis who made sure we had
everything we needed.

Would definately stay here again if ever in the Washington PA area.....

Ashville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Cambria while we were in Washington, PA for a wedding. The two hotels that had room blocks for the reception were booked and the Cambria was very close to where the reception was being held. My husband read the reviews online, and saw that the Cambria had a high rating, so we decided to make a reservation for 2 nights. BAD DECISION! When we first arrived at the hotel, they did not have our reservation on file. We did book through a third party vendor, so my husband pulled up our confirmation e-mail on his iPhone. The girl behind the desk was completely clueless how to remedy the situation. She was basically giving us a blank stare and acting like we would have to just pay the regular cost for staying one night instead of the discounted price we got online, even though we were showing her proof of our confirmation for 2 nights at their hotel. So, my husband called the third party vendor, sat on hold with them to speak with a rep who finally re-faxed our confirmation to the front desk at the Cambria. Then the girl did not know how to enter in our reservation information, so we had to wait an additional 10 minutes (even though we had already been trying to check into the hotel for 30!!) to see if the guy who came on staff next would know what to do. Luckily, this guy did. However, he was as rude as the first girl was flustered and clueless. This older man, named Joe I believe, acted like we were putting him out to have to enter in all of our information, and he treated us as though we were a bunch of children. My husband is in his early 30s and I am in my late 20s, so being treated as though I'm a pesky teenager when I'll be spending around $350.00 to stay in the hotel was extremely aggravating. While entering in our information, he was being extremely rude to the girl that was trying to help us in the beginning, yelling at her to end her shift and then once he was done checking us into the hotel (an additional 15 minute process...) he said "Sorry for the wait. If I had known that I was needed, I would have been here earlier." while giving the first girl the evil eye. Extremely rude person. On another note, while we were standing up front waiting to be checked in, someone walked into the hotel and asked if he could be told the room number of some people. The girl asked for their names and when he told her one name, she checked the computer and said "134!" Did not ask him for ID, how he knew the people, nothing. Just gave him the room number and carried on. So much for privacy and security!

The next day we went down to have lunch in the bistro. The food was fine, but there was only one waitress to serve the restaurant. There were only 2 other tables filled by 2 people each, but it was too much for the young lady to keep up with. She brought my husband coffee, and he asked if he could get cream. She left to get it and never came back. He eventually went and got his own creamer from the bar in the coffee area and returned to our table himself. When she brought our food, I asked for napkins and silverware since they weren't already there. It took her a good 5 minutes to bring those back to us. By the time we were done eating, we were the only people left in the restaurant area, and it took her forever to bring us the check. She did apologize and admit to being slow when she brought the check, saying that she was trying to get things back in order behind the bar area. I understand being understaffed in your area, but it still shouldn't replace customer service, especially when once we left the area she had no more customers! Plenty of time to get everything back in order once she had no one left to serve.

While staying at the Cambria, we noticed that our room was located very far from the one elevator that leads down to the lobby, but we were located right next to a stairwell with an exit to the side parking lot. So, we started using this exit and parking our car in the side lot near that door to get to our room faster than having to park in the front, go through the lobby, take the elevator and then walk through the entire length of the hotel each time we wanted to leave and return to our room. The door was never locked whenever we left and entered the hotel for TWO days, and we were keeping very odd hours with the wedding reception and going to the casino (once returning at 2 AM, the door still not locked). After the reception, we returned to the hotel and changed, and then left again for the casino. When we returned to the hotel that night, the same late night shift person, Joe, was outside smoking near the front entrance. He must have watched us park our car and start making our way to the side/back entrance, and then run over to where we were entering. When we made it to the door he called very rudely from the sidewalk "Can I help you?!" We turned and told him that we were guests at the hotel and on our way up to our room. He then told us that we were not supposed to be back there and that the door was not meant to be unlocked, acting as though we had unlocked the door ourselves. When I asked him if he needed us to use the front entrance he yelled "YES I DO." and then pushed past us to get to the door and lock it. We were walking toward the front entrance when he pushed past us again and yelled "I hate to be an ogre, but 2 weeks ago the police were called due to a fire alarm being pulled and they were very upset that the back door was not secured and locked. Don't use that door." I don't think I have EVER stayed in a hotel where there weren't multiple entrances and exits. However, I have NEVER stayed at a hotel where I was made to feel that I had some criminal intent by using a different entrance than the front by the manager, even though he was the same person who checked me into the hotel and he has just confessed to me that the back door being unlocked is a problem that they've experienced before, and been reprimanded by the police department for the lack of security, no less. Sort of reminds me of them giving out the room numbers to anyone who walks in off the street...

To be fair, the hotel is brand new and very nice. We did not experience any of the dirtiness that I've read in other reviews, our room was very clean. The rooms are beautifully furnished, though quite cramped. The beds are extremely comfortable (we were in a king suite), but takes up so much of the space in the area that you have only enough room to scoot down the side of the bed and then jump in. You will have to sit on the bed with your legs drawn up to use the closet. The bathroom was wonderfully modern, but has a walk-in shower only, so a family with a small child that might benefit from having a tub for bath time may want to see if you can request a room with one. The actual look of the hotel, the furniture and the decor is beautiful. Most of the food at the restaurant/bistro is pre-packaged, not freshly made and not complimentary, not even breakfast. And the staff is slow, clueless and extremely rude. People might forget about a lot of things, but they never forget the way you make them feel. Joe... along with the rest of the Cambria staff in Washington, PA.... need to return to the hotel training portion on HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT. Considering that hospitality is, in fact, what running a hotel is all about.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hotel is gorgeous! The service was outstanding, the hotel was very clean and modern too. The room was impeccably fitted with two televisions, which worked in our case. The sitting room feature is a refreshing idea! Because we were two mother/daughter couples staying in the room, we were each able to watch the television programs that we liked. The amenities like the Bath & Bodyworks toiletries and Wolfgang Puck coffee in the room were fabulous! (not to mention having a refrigerator AND microwave in our room--saved us some money) The outlet mall is very close, and it was nice to have that as well as many restaurants at our disposal! It was a wonderful experience and I hope I am able to visit the hotel again. I would most definitely stay there in the future and would recommend it to everyone that I know. I was there for a conference, and I hope that they decide to have the next one at this hotel.

Room Tip: We got queen rooms, double beds. Towards the back of the hotel is better, less traffic noise.