“Get The Ribs” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Get The Ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The ribs are amazing and so is the mac and cheese. I haven't tried other dishes because I usually crave their ribs, and can't bare to order anything else. I usually get take out, which is great because they have a drive thru! When I do dine in, the servers always open the door for everyone entering or exiting- a nice touch. Best barbecue for miles.

Visited May 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Unbelievable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This is the first terrible review I have ever given. I never give a 1. When I experienced what I witnessed today though. WOW.

While waiting for a lunch order, a pair of serving tongs fell on the floor. Sloppy employee 1 picked them up, gave them to dumpy employee 2 who walked in the back, what I assumed was ran some water over the floor tongs, and came back wiping them with a paper towel and IMMEDIATELY BEGAN HANDLING FOOD WITH THEM.

I tried to process what I had just witnessed, and could not, so I decided to ask to talk to the manager. Well you would have thought I was insulting the guys mamma because the attitude I received was just stunning. Not really being in the mood for a public showdown with this clown I pretty much let it go.

I received my lunch order and went on my not so merry way. Straight back to the office where lunch was immediately placed in file 13 (that would be the trash).

Bottom line for me is this. There's needs to be a baseline expectation that those businesses in the business of handling things we put in our bodies have a duty to be responsible. I get that things fall, and nothing runs perfectly but for a manager to react they way this guy did when confronted with a health concern from a customer? Unacceptable.

Then again I am not a customer nor ever will be. Now if you'll excuse me I have a health department to contact.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington, Pennsylvania
“great ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

For a local place; best bbq ribs and chicken. Excellent desserts which are large enough for 3 people. Very friendly staff.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, West Virginia
“Canonsburg Restaurant the BOMB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Didn't find the Canonsburg, PA location on Tripadvisor and I haven't tried the Washington restaurant so this review is for the Canonsburg store. This is the best BBQ by far I have ever had! I work in a nearby office park and a vendor brought Hog Father's in for lunch.....it was amazing! I am from the south and have had a BUNCH of BBQ and find it ironic that the best BBQ of all time is near Pittsburgh, PA!!!! You hafta, HAFTA, try it! When family comes to visit I always take them to Hog Father's and they always want to go back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

we had stopped several times for lunch and dinner in the past with no problems. we were out on the bike and stopped for dinner, i ordered a chicken breast and when i cut into it it seemed too be cooked and after a few cuts into it i discovered it wasnt cooked all the way and asked for it too be cooked a little more and the waitress took it back and a few minutes later the cook came out getting all cocky and smart with me and my husband saying that there was nothing wrong with it and basically calling us both liars... we got up and left and have never returned.....

Visited March 2012