“Need to do a better job dealing with a full hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Washington
Cleveland, Ohio
“Need to do a better job dealing with a full hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Overall, our room and the pool area were clean and comfortable--very satisfactory. However, the hotel management needs to do a better job of dealing with a full hotel. The night we stayed, the hotel appeared to be very full, yet there was no where near enough staff to handle the crowds that turned out for breakfast. Why advertise a free breakfast if you are not going to properly plan to serve all your guests?
Another problem we encounterd was a lack of parking. There were at least eight large commercial trucks loaded with 'liquid refuse' in the hotel lot, each of which took at least three parking places. When we returned to the hotel late at night, there was absolutely no where to park, and no one at the front desk to solve the problem. We had to park next door at the Country Inn, and luckily were not towed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Willoughby, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times for business, in fact, for nearly two years I spent more nights at this Comfort Inn than my own home. Now, I stay there occasionally and wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Pittsburg area. Why? It's clean, the staff is friendly and every time I stop in something has been updated. In the last two years, they've painted the outside, installed automatic doors into the building, got new furniture and overhauled the breakfast. The outside and inside are very well maintained, right down to the flower beds. There are usually fresh flowers at the desk. Behind the desk is always a familiar face, very often, Patty, the manager. I've stayed in many hotels and worked in one and I've never seen a manager like her . She tackles any job, and because of her example, the rest of the staff does, too.

The hotel is close to the Meadowlands Casino and lots of great restaurants. There is lots of shopping with the outlet mall being directly across the street. I was very lucky to have had such a terrific place to "live" for so long!

Room Tip: My favorite rooms have a hot tub. It's right in the room so you can soak and watch TV at the sam...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
comfortmeadows, General Manager at Comfort Inn Meadowlands, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank You , I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Patty D'Achille
Sherman, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Overall, I have to say I am disappointed with my experience at this hotel. While the rooms are nice and the hotel clean, the service is lacking. We drove out from Illinois and were not sure how far we made it so I did research on different hotels in different cities and made notes. Before embarking on our trip, I looked at the Comfort Inn website to gauge the cost for a night at the hotel and decided it was quite reasonable, being under $100 with my husband's federal government discount. However, when we got here just 24 hours later, suddenly the cost was $116. After we checked in and settled for the night, I looked it up again on the computer, so surprised that I got it so wrong. What I discovered was that the cost on the Comfort Inn website was $90--$26 cheaper per night than what we paid.

Additionally, we checked in around 5:45 in the evening and left for dinner. We told the front desk that we needed a crib. We were told it would be taken care of. Yet, at 7 p.m. when we returned from dinner, we still did not have a crib. I called down to the front desk. The issue was dealt with.

Finally, my husband told the front desk that we needed 2 queen beds. When we did get to our room we discovered we had doubles. I told the front desk that I was disappointed and hoped to at least be accommodated with a king bed. They had none. She tried to claim that she told my husband they only had doubles, but she didn't. Had she, he would have requested a king. If none were available, we would have gone to a different hotel. We do not sleep comfortably, at all, in a double together. So we were forced to sleep in different beds.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
green ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is an ok hotel. The rooms are clean and quiet. On Fri. and Sat. Nights, from 4PM and midnight they will take you to the Meadows Casino. You just call them to pick you back up. We did this on Sat. Mar. 10. That way we did not have to wear our coats to the casino.The breakfast in the morning is just ok. Scrambled eggs, Biscuits and gravy, instant oatmeal, make it yourself waffles, juice and coffee. They do have a nice indoor pool, and work-out room with treadmill, stationary bike, and stair climber. The hotel is about a half a mile from the casino. There is also a Burger King and McDonalds very close.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Glen Cove, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Hotel computer was slow - needs disk clean. Rest was fine service, staff good

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We always stay here when traveling to the Pittsburgh area to see Jimmy Buffett at Star Lake (or whatever corporate name it has this year!). It's only about 20 miles from the venue in Burgettstown and is a great place to stay if you're coming from the southest to see a show. Have stayed here 8 years in a row and have never had an issue. The price has always been very reasonable, the room clean and we're usually able to check in early before heading to tailgate at the concert. I've never had an issue with the parking, but I guess some people just aren't satisfied if they can't park right by the door. After reading some of the reviews I didn't even realize the whole hotel wasn't non-smoking. Never had an issue but they should change that for sure. I've never thought the breakfast was anything special but it's adquate for what I'm looking for. Again, it's not the Ritz, not sure exactly what people expect. I plan on returning here every year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stopped at this hotel for two reasons. Number one was that it was at a good stopping point for my trip to New York and the second reason was that it was just down the street from a casino. I was very happy with the staff and found that the rooms were very quiet. Mine was next to the elevator and I rarely heard the ping when it opened it's doors on my floor. I was a little concerned that the noise from the truck parking lot and McDonalds outside of my window would be bad, but once again I didn't hear any noises that were loud enough to keep me awake. The rooms were very clean and the King room that I had even came with a hot tub which I didn't realize was an option for the room. All in all, I will definately be stopping there next year when I travel back to NY.

Room Tip: If you get a King room and enjoy a using a hot tub, you might want to try to reserve one of the King...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Meadowlands? Share your experiences!