“Don't know about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   340 Racetrack Road, Washington, PA 15301 (Formerly Holiday Inn Washington - Meadow Lands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in Washington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Don't know about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Reserved our king room over a month before our visit. Upon arrival at check in time we were told that the king room was not clean, we could wait but they did not know when it would be ready. They offered a full room which we took because we didn't want to wait. We ended up waiting about 15 min. for our keys and were told to call the desk to let them know whether the keys worked or not. Did call the desk to say the keys worked and question where the refrigerator was and was asked if I needed one! On the positive side we did get the extra coffee we requested, the frig was put in, and were given 2 complimentary cocktail coupons. Not sure if we will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubltreePittsburgh, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I just wanted to personally thank you for responding to TripAdvisor about your recent visit.

We appreciate your taking your valuable time to fill out a comment and let us know how we took care of you during your recent visit with us here in Washington, Pa. We do apologize for the wait that you had when you checked in but we are glad that we were able to accomodate your requests in a timely fashion.

Our staff hopes that you will visit us again so the we may have the pleasure of serving you.

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Elgin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am one that does not share experiences, but after returning home, this one really needs to known.
I booked a non-smoking room 1 week prior to my arrival. When I arrived at midnight, the front desk operator said that she put me in a smoking room. I am allergic to smoke and said that this is unacceptable. She mentioned that she could put me in a different hotel 30 minutes away. Really? at midnight? after traveling all day?
I asked to speak to a manger and was told that no manager was on site. "Well then who is in charge of this hotel?" The operator did not know. I was tired and just wanted to get some rest. I reluctantly accepted the room.
The next morning I went to work and returned back to my room around 6:00 pm. I called the front desk to notify them that a light bulb was burnt out and that the clock radio display was not working. (I could not see what time it was during the night). The front desk operator said that she would send someone up to replace those items.
I then went to the bathroom to clean up and noticed that my toiletries were missing. I went to the closet and noticed that my shirt and slacks were gone as well. After carefully looking through the room, all of my belonging were missing. Even my drinks and cookie in the refrigerator were gone.
I called the front desk to notify them and she said that she would try to find them and she would call me back. I then went down the elevator and a Manager stopped me to ask me how my stay was. I told him the whole story and we both went to the front desk. He asked me which one I had talked to and I could not put a face to a voice. One of the ladies said that I had talked to her and she had found out that they moved me to a non smoking room.
I asked her if anybody tried to call me to discuss this, and she said "no". "so, someone, went into my room, packed up all of my personal belongings, and moved them to a different room, without notifying me?" "yes sir". "Are you kidding me?, Is this how you treat customers? How would you like it if you were to return to your room, to find out all of your personal belongings are missing?"
She apologized and gave me the new room key. The manager and I went to my old room to get my work brief case and then proceeded to my new room.
I went through my belongings to see if anything was missing. It appeared that all was there. The Manager then returned with 2 drink tickets for the bar. I mentioned to him that I don't even drink!.
I spent the night and check out in the morning via the Express system. At this point, I really did not want to see any employee of this hotel.
I spent $346.62 for 2 nights and it was definitely a trip to remember.
If I was not an honest guy, what would the hotel done if I mentioned that I was missing a Lap Top, and IPad, an IPod and a couple thousand dollars in cash? You see, this hotel is walking distance to the Meadows Casino.
All I received was
1. A smoking room for a night
2. A non-smoking room and a night
3. Spent over 30 minutes dealing with this horrific nightmare
4. 2 Drink tickets (that I still have)

I do travel quite a bit for business, and this, by far, has been the worst Hotel experience to date.

Sorry to ramble on, but I thought I might share this unfortunate situation with people that might be interested in customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DoubltreePittsburgh, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Mr. C -

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your experience here at the DoubleTree Meadow Lands Hotel.
We certainly apologize for the inconvenience we caused you during your visit. As I understand one of our managers tried to satisfy your request to move to a non smoking room and took it upon herself to move your belongings to the non smoking room. Usually we wait until you return and assist you in moving to your requested room.
I am sorry that this did not go the correct way and hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.
Regards,

youngstown,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I picked this hotel to visit the casino for my birthday weekend getaway. Reserved a pool patio room and when we first checked in were told it wasn't available. But Shari at the front desk somehow took care of us, booking us in room 104. Although the weather didn't cooperate the room was great, very clean bedding extremely comfortable and the pool looked great. Shari made up by giving us appetizers and drinks and free breakfast, not expected. Transportation to casino readily available, was back to pick us up in 10 min. Jazz band in lounge area was great, but the bartender I believe her name is Shawna was a gem, so bubbly and smiling all the time, just loved her. Wished we could of stayed longer!

Room Tip: pool patio room for sure.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello -

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to let us know about your visit to the DoubleTree Meadow Lands Hotel. We appreciate the rating that you gave us.

I also would like to thank you for recognizing both our Front Desk associate and our lounge associate. We will pass on your positive comments to them.

Again, thanks for your visit and we hope we can serve you again in the future.

Regards,

General Manger
Cresson, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

When we checked in, we had a groud of 19 people. The ladies at the front desk seemed to be bothered by us. We booked 4 months in advanced, and when we arrived they DID NOT accomidate us. THey said they "double booked us" they could not put people who smoked in smoking rooms, some of the rooms had the fridge missing THey forgot to give us the breakfast vouchers that we had bought well in advanced. so some of the group ended up buying breakfast. and when some of us did use the voucher the, the waitress reminded us to tip her..even before we started to eat!!!! THe next day the lady at the front desk was so rude when i asked her to pick my 71 year old grandfather up from the casino. She rolled her eyes at me then mocked me. I never seen people act this way in my life.

Room Tip: THere are a lot of different hotels in this area. DO NOT STAY HERE!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We live locally and wanted to celebrate my 65th birthday with a side trip to the Meadows Casino. Check in was easy and were presented with warm cookies and 2 free drink certificates. Our room was very clean and offered a small patio outside our sliding door. We drove up to Tanger outlets and did a little shopping; there are a lot of shops, but, we only visited a few. We took the convenient shuttle to the casino for dinner, but, with the long waits and our hunger upon us, we returned to the Doubletree. I mentioned to the waitress my tuna was way overdone and our desserts, as a nice gesture, were comped. We stuck around the lounge and used our free drink certicates while a local dj entertained us. Saturday morning we went to the breakfast buffet, which was part of our package. The food there was very good, especially the fresh fruit they offered. We realized, at some point, we had stayed there before, when it was a Holiday Inn. We found everything in the room functioned well, and, foremost, it was very clean. I would not hesitate to return and/or recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have read other reviews of this property and they confuse me. We stayed here once before when it was a Holiday Inn and were very pleased. So, despite reading other reviews we decided to stay again. Our room, although basic was quite clean and I have many allergies and this was one of the cleanest smelling rooms I have encountered, no odors at all. The bed and linens were comfortable and the staff is very kind and accomodating. Our breakfast was complimentary due to Hilton Honors Membership and was very good compared to most hotel breakfasts. They offer a waffle and omelet to order bar. Parking is free and very convenient. I am confused by other reviews but, of course we did not see the other guest rooms but, were pleased with ours and the common areas. Only drawback is the bathrooms are small and could have used a few more of the complimentary cookies!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool were quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Our client booked a meeting at The Doubletree Hotel - Meadow Lands. We didn't know anything about it but assumed it would be a very acceptable facility. Yet after checking out the review on Trip Advisor and other online ratings sites, we decided to stay at the new Marriott Courtyard nearby. What a relief that we did! This Doubletree is old, dark, dungeonous, and borderline dirty. We only experienced the meeting room so we have no opinion on the guest rooms. Staff members were really friendly but, as another contributor indicated, they spent most of their efforts correcting or apologizing for short-comings in the facility's accommodations or services. The catering for our meeting of 10 people was terrible - the food was right on the edge of being called unacceptable. We had our meeting in the Lincoln room at the end of a long, dismal hallway and the ONLY bathroom was the single use restroom in the room. Otherwise we had to walk a significant distance up two separate flights of stairs to the front of the main lobby to use the facilities. The whole experience was disappointing and disjointed. In fact, when our client executive walked into the room, he kept apologizing. Neither he nor his admin had actually SEEN the facility. If they had, I am certain they would have immediately opted to have the session elsewhere or cancel the meeting altogether!

Room Tip: Don't have a business meeting here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands? Share your experiences!