“Nice overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Warren
Independence, Missouri
“Nice overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Friendly staff, everything you would expect from a holiday inn, clean and quiet, located in warren pa in the mountains next to the Allegheny River. Small indoor pool, fair fitness room and sauna, nice little bar and grill. If you are on foot there is a little corner bar and grill 2 blocks away called the Bullpen and they have awesome wings and onion chips. This is a good hotel to stay at. I was a little dissappointed that the breakfast dosen't start till 630 as I am on the road by 645 and would like to eat earlier.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the pool area and have a balcony, I stayed on the top floor for a better view of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights in Sept 2012, hotel was situated about 3 miles out of the main town, but as I had a car no issue, room was great with a balcony over looking the pool area. Pool was nice to chill out around. The bar was good for a drink and a chat. Did not use the restaurant as was slightly under the weather with a cold, but could not fauly my room for getting all the sleep I needed

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Spent one night on a business trip. Hotel is an older Holiday Inn. Outside needs some updating. When you first walk in the place looks nice. Front desk staff was very friendly and check in was easy. The hallway carpets are disgusting and need of a good cleaning. I stayed on the 2nd floor which was quiet. Room was large and clean. Beds were comfortable. View from the window was a beautiful mountain with fall colors! Easy access off of Route 6 and a large parking area. I would stay again while in Warren Pa on business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Warren, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear NMay151,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I'm glad to hear you found our front desk staff to be friendly. We're proud of our staff. I also appreciate that you found our beds comfortable. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance of the property. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Karen G.
Munhall, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We spent one overnight (for a funeral of a family member who lived in the area) and were very happy with our stay. The room was clean, the bed "just right" and the extremely friendly staff went above and beyond to accommodate every request we made, whether big or small. We ate dinner (french dip sandwich/chicken caeser salad) and breakfast the following morning and both were delicious. We were with other family members and all the kids ate free! Pool looked clean, although we did not have time to use it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is very old, we stayed there for 5 days in September of 2012, rooms were warm and damp and musty smelling! resteraunt and bar that is built in to hotel is by far a 1.5 star trying to be a 4 star! Location is just odd, not close to down town if you call it a town... and over priced for what you are getting... I travel alot, and can tell you, I have paid much less for much better!! i typically dont mind Holiday Inn, but I feel like this hotel should not be allowed to call themselves a Holiday inn ( it is hurting the chain). I almost forgot, they do have a pool, which is actually in the same area as there Sunday Brunch?! and it is Brown and Green with a gritty sand type material all over the bottom, my 7 year old refused to get in the pool cause he thought he saw something swimming in it! Im not convinced he didn't! Would i stay there again over some chains? Most likely, but if I have another option, I would continue down the road to a newer hotel!!!

Room Tip: Get a room that is not Pool Side... rooms pool side, get very warm and ac can not keep up.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Warren, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Brian C,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Warren and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Warren hotels

Luzerne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night.We checked in late,so we didn't go to the seafood buffet,which people said was great.I thought the hotel was overpriced, we paid 129.Warren doesn't have much in it and i thought it was over priced for the area.The bar was very nice and our waitress was great.The pool looked nice but as i said we checked in later so didn't have time to use it before it closed.The staff was super.We did eat breakfast there,it was a buffet Sunday morning,they had a lot to choose from.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Blue Springs, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel for one night, August 3, 2012. It was the most disappointing, disgusting experience I have ever had. As we walked down the hall to our rooms, the floor was SO stained and dirty. Once inside Room 1 the carpet was sticky. Room 1 the air conditioner ran all the time but never really cooled the room and definitely did not take the high humidity out of the air. The 2nd room as I signed the check in form I was told I would be charged $90 if we smoked in the room, as we opened the door we were greeted we the strong odor of smoke. We were told they only had one room they could move us to. It had 2 beds but they were smaller. We gathered all our stuff and moved to the 4th floor where we moved into the new room. It had the same issue as Room 1 - air conditioner ran constantly but did not cool the room. I called the Holiday Inn 800 number and the hotel found another room back on the first floor. This room had only one king bed for 3 of us but they were great to deliver a roll away very quickly. As we unfolded the roll away and pulled back the bedding there was blood soaked through the sheets onto the blankets. This was the last straw. The a/c worked very well in this third room but this was the only good thing.
I read the other review from this same date and I wonder if they stayed at a different hotel than we did that night. Wish we had the same great experience. Would not recommend this hotel. Will not stay here again and will consider other hotels before Holiday Inn in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Warren, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Sandy A,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Warren? Share your experiences!