“Good Breakfasts” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Frenchtown, NJ
“Good Breakfasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have to admit to being confused by the negative reviews on BB. We've been going there a few times a year for brunch and it's never been disappointing. Yes, the service can be a bit on the slow side, but never a problem. The food has been consistently good - especially the chicken hash with eggs and the omletes - and the atmosphere is quiet and friendly, clean with nicely set tables and attractive furnishings, it's a nice step up from a cafe or diner for breakfast. Yes - the owner's dog hangs out in the bar - having three dogs of my own I don't have any issue with this at all - it adds to the friendly atomosphere!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kannapolis, North Carolina
“I think these people are actually crazy!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

DO NOT EAT AT THE BUCKS BOUNTY RESTAURANT - When we walked in at 7p tonight (Friday) there was only one other couple. We ordered our meals, received our salad- the lettuce was warm and limp, the bread was stale. We had noticed that the couple next to us did not eat their salads either.

They received their food we sat and watched them eat, and get their check and they stopped by our table to let us know how dissatisfied they were with the food.

And we continued to wait, and wait and wait... Then at 7:55, we decided to ask when our food would be ready. The waitress (she was about 70, not that there is anything wrong with that) let us know that it takes time to cook the chicken, Bart had ordered chicken dijion and she informed us that the chicken was raw when he ordered it. I had ordered the prime rib - med rare.

Our waitress finally arrived at 8pm with our food, my prime rib was a tiny piece of overcooked- actually looked like it had been in the microwave meat with a dab of mashed potatoes. Bart had a tiny piece of chicken and a dab of mashed potatoes also. I had to return my prime rib, and I told her not to bother bringing me anything else.

A couple that had come in after us- received their prime rib dinners soon after our meal was served- the plates were overloaded with food-

So I guess this chef decided to punish us for asking when we might be able to expect our food after waiting patiently for an hour, and serve us two plates with crap on them.

So please do not waste your time or money- 3 couples in the restaraunt, two I know definetly left disappointed.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
“Worst meal EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Should have left when we noticed only one car in the parking lot at 7:30 pm on a Friday night!
Caesar salad was bland, escargot was like rubber and the garlic sauce was tasteless. Liver was terrible, and the prime rib had to have been cooked two or three times previously and simply reheated. Snow peas were soggy, tasteless and not fresh, but frozen.
Would have rated a zero if possible.
This was without a doubt the worst meal we have ever eaten!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pipersville, Pennsylvania
“really good local faire, worth the drive to”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

You need to get to the happy hour in the bar during the week. The bar and reastuarant are a really relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. The food is good and the staff is very friendly. It is off the beaten path but worth the drive to get to.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
solebury, pa
“Stopped in on a whim, but been there before.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Myself, brother-inlaw and family stopped in on the way home from the airport. We had a great meal, all 5 of us. The fried chicken was the best i ever had. I'll go back just for that. One had a burger that was huge and delicious. Chicken pot pie was very good as well i was told, didn't taste it but gone. Martini up was perfect and a good pour on the wine. I kinda wanted to sit in the bar area as it is cozy with two tables but not really for a group of five. Waitress was fur a very imformative with our selections. Glad we went with her recomendations. I will return as I think it's a hidden gem.

• Visited January 2012