“An interesting afternoon diversion.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Mysterious Sites, Parks, Outdoors
Lancaster, PA
28 attraction reviews
“An interesting afternoon diversion.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I discovered this park while looking for place to stretch our legs along the way to the Poconos. It seemed to fit the bill just fine, with the added bonus of a few Geocaches to find and a waterfall. It turned out to be far more entertaining than I had expected, even after reading up on it a little before we left.
The falls were down to a trickle, which I understand is normal for this time of year, but the uniquely flat rock of the creekbed was still fun to explore. While in the boulder field I kept having mental images of a bunch of chimpanzees pointlessly banging rocks together, and I even teased my wife about the inordinate amount of fun she was having doing so.

Then I joined in, and understanding dawned upon me. What a fun place!

Visited October 2013

New Hope, PA
“Ringing Rocks - Fun afternoon with the family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had fun hitting the rocks with the boys, walking down to the waterfall, then up the waterfall to another waterfall. Then we found a path on the right, back to parking lot. So, basically a loop. Sounds easy, right? Not! Great exercise and wear good shoes.

Visited September 2013
Conshohocken
28 attraction reviews
“If you like to ROCK.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Wanted to do a staycation over Labor Day. I searched for odd ball things to do. I found it. At the Ringing Rocks Park in Upper Black Eddy, PA a literal ton of rocks scattered unevenly down a forest path are said to sound like bell chimes. Yeah. Right. I brought my hammer and passed other rock musicians coming back from their concert. My first attempt at smacking a rock with my hammer did not turn up any music. Then I heard many lovely bell sounds coming from all sides of the rocks in front of me - to the left of me and to the right of me. I watched quietly as different tones were hammered out. I found a few near me that sang a song to my ears. Okay, it works.
Great for family fun. It's free. Dangerous terrain. One slip on the rocks and .... Not good for those with health issues or walkers. Go the bathroom before you arrive, as I had to stick toilet tissues up my nose to enter. This was after I heard my husband gagging. Oh, there is a waterfall, but we did not see it, but I did hear it. Go- wear sneakers and bring a hammer and rock on!!!!

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“So cool!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My fiance found this park by searching online. This is the coolest place. When you hit the rocks with a blunt object, they sound hollow and they ring like a bell. We saw people walking around with hammers hitting the rocks which was an excellecnt idea. We were able to make-do with some smaller rocks but they were a little difficult to find. I can't wait to come back here when I'm in the area next.

Visited August 2013
Lansdale
“Amazing Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bring the family! Bring the hammers! Hop up and down and hit rocks with your hammers! It was so much fun when you go around and try to find the rock that has the clearest and loudest ring! The best we could do was a minor 3rd between two rocks. A word of caution: wear hiking boots with good ankle support.

Visited July 2013