“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Uniontown

You added Holiday Inn Uniontown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Uniontown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 West Main Street, Route 40 West, Uniontown, PA 15401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Uniontown
Lexington, Kentucky
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was back in Uniontown for work and stayed at the Holiday Inn. As always the staff here are always going out of their way to make your stay great. The bed is very comfortable and the hotel is conveniently located close to several restaurants. I will continue to stay at this hotel any time I am in Uniontown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We want all of our guests to feel at home when they stay with us and we often get to know our repeat guests, their favorite room locations and other things that make them comfortable. We will be looking forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was working in Uniontown for almost 2 weeks and stayed at the Holiday Inn. It is clearly an older hotel and could certainly use some upgrades. The staff does well at keeping it clean, especially considering the number of oil workers making this hotel their home away from home. It is definitely a busy place.
The bed and room were clean and comfortable, with doors opening both onto the hallway and onto the Holidome area (pool, play area, game tables). The shower was good, lots of hot water. The room had sufficient lighting and I didn't have any problem finding outlets to power my electronics at night.
The food in the restaurant was very good, as were service and prices in the lounge.
Every staff member I dealt with while staying here was helpful and friendly. When I did have a minor maintenance issue, it was handled quickly and without issue.
The price was certainly not what I would call a bargain, but given how busy the hotels in the area are, it is not too surprising to find higher prices.
I would stay here again and would have no trouble recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments regarding your stay are greatly appreciated. The Uniontown Holiday Inn is one of the original Holidomes and has provided many, many guests with wonderful memories. We look forward to being refreshed in the future but as you noticed the staff works very hard to maintain a clean, inviting property and you won't find a friendlier staff anywhere. I will share your feedback with the rest of the staff and look forward to your return.
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Enjoyed staying here during my most recent business trip. Our company held a meeting at the hotel and everything was wonderful. The hotel staff are so friendly and everyone speaks to you as you pass them. The meeting space worked well for our group and the food was amazing! The chef checked on us to make sure everything was fine and even cooked omlettes for us in our meeting space for one of our events! My room was in the courtyard area and I didn't have any noise. Very clean and neat. I would definately stay here again on my next visit to the area or for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I was very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I have always said we have the friendliest staff around, but honestly, we have such great guests it would be hard not to enjoy their company! I am aware of your event and have to say the scent of cooking omlettes coming from your meeting room made my mouth water. And did I see strawberry yogurt parfaits? Yum. We will absolutely be looking forward to your return visit!
Allentown PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

When you check into the Holiday Inn in Uniontown you wonder if maybe you should quickly check out. The hallways are long, dark, dated and clearly home to teams that are working in the fracking business. There is mud from work boots on the steps and through the halls. Washing machines in the hallways seem constantly in use by the long term guests. That being said, the rooms are a pleasant surprise. Updated, clean, comfortable with good mattresses and an assortment of pillows. Towels are thicker than you might expect in a budget hotel. The restaurant is nothing to stop in for and the bar is noisy. If you're traveling with children there's a very large pool and a lots of areas for playing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. At the Uniontown Holiday Inn and Conference Center are make our guests' comfort our number one priority. One of my favorite features of the hotel is our snuggly beds with lots of pillows to build a perfect sleeping nest! As you noticed our area is very busy with oil and gas workers. Although the trucks may seem intimidating, they are some of the hardest working, friendly people you will meet. On your next visit please be sure to check out our new dinner menu.
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

booked because it had a "roll-in " shower. arrived and it has a lip the size of the short side of your holiday inn priority club card. and a shower chair won't fit in it... got extra towels so we don't flood the place when i give my wife a shower tomorrow... half in the shower and half out. and the place is a nasty dump even if you get beyond the deceptive handicapper issues. dank, gray hallways that smell of cigarettes, many rooms face a corridor rather than a window... just should be leveled and start from scratch. cranky, unhelpful staff. and i don't normally trash a place. but this place is just awful... did i mention that the tv, anchored to a cabinet, can't be viewed from the love seat? get the wrecking ball....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I understand from your review it was sent right after your arrival, so some of your concerns may have already been addressed during your stay. Just to be sure, there are a couple of concerns I can address for future stays. The shower in the handicapped room is equipped with it's own shower chair designed to fit the space. All rooms are furnished with new, flat screen TVs, that swivel on their frame for ease of viewing from all areas of the room. The Uniontown Holiday Inn and Conference Center is one of the brands original Holidomes. All sleeping rooms have windows that either face outside or overlook the inside courtyard area where our heated indoor pool is located, complete with handicap lifts. You don't say if you had a chance to swim during your stay but please keep it in mind for future visits. If I can answer any other concerns please call the hotel; our guest's comfort is our first priority.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had to attend a funeral in the area and the hotels/motels were all filled to capacity. Came upon this hotel that I had stayed in previouly many years ago. The check in was quick and the room was fine. The restaurant service was good. This hotel has an indoor pool; but you can smell the clorine when your room is close to the pool. It also has a pool table and tables sitting around to lounge in.

The big plus ....this hotel offered a breavement discount....most of the others did not. I did not ask for it but told the associate why I was looking for a room and the discount was offered to me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Although I'm happy to hear your stay was a good experience, I am sorry for the reason that brought you to us. Travel under these circumstances is always stressfull. I'm glad our staff was able to lessen some of the stress for you.
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here the last day of August and beginning of September when we went for a white water raft trip at Ohio Pyle State Park. As always, the rooms were clean, bedding comfortable, pleasant staff. This is a nice Holiday Inn. On our raft trip we had a few mishaps, nothing serious, just made for some unpleasant aches and pains the next day. The weather had also turned rainy and dreary, so we decided to check out a day early, fully expecting to "eat" that third days room rate. When I went to check out, I told them what had happened. They didn't charge us for that third night and they also gave me a few free bottles of water to take along on our trip back. That was a very touch and much appreciated. Don't know when we'll get out that way again, but I highly recommend this Holiday Inn for a nice, clean, family/pet oriented hotel. This is the third time we have stayed here, and these people are more than accomodating.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for a room on the outside, not near the courtyard/pool area.