“We Most Definitely Wish to Return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inne at Watson's Choice

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uniontown
Inne at Watson's Choice
You added Inne at Watson's Choice to your Saves list
234 Balsinger Road, Uniontown, PA 15401   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Uniontown B&B and Inns
Monroeville, PA
“We Most Definitely Wish to Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here just before New Year's Day as a Christmas present to each other. We have experience with other bed and breakfasts and consider The Inne at Watson's Choice one of the best. The host was kind and gracious, and we enjoyed our conversations with him. The grounds and buildings are scenic and rustically attractive; exactly as we had hoped. The room we stayed in was nicely decorated and the large breakfast room was full of country charm. Breakfast itself was delicious as were the cookies that were set out in the evening. My girlfriend and I enjoyed some late morning reading in one of the two very comfortable reading rooms. With a price of $100 per night for our room, we believed we definitely got our money's worth. Hope to return soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is such a lovely B&B, you will have a hard time deciding weather to spend more time on the grounds or site seeing in the nearby Laurel Highlands. Every room is large and relaxing with several inviting sitting areas at the B&B inside and out. Breakfasts were amazing, fresh and cooked to order. Our hosts, Bill and Nancy Ross were very nice and provided some information on local sites with breakfast. The Inn is full of antiques. Convenient to Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water, Kentuck Knob and so much more. Such a pleasant discover after long trip to the region.

Room Tip: There is WiFi in Harvest House and on ground level. There is a sitting area with small kitchenette...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Slanesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great room and breakfast. The owner's family used to own a grocery store in the area and made their own sausage. Very tasty and unique to the venue. The owners are very pleasant and provide good advise to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Delaware, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This "Inne" is just like a postcard photo with the ambiance of an old inn or road house. The inside is nicely furnished, clean and includes a gathering/dining area, some smaller seating rooms, an old fireplace with large iron doors for when the cooking was done in the fireplace. The ceilings have massive hewn beams in the dining area. There is an outside veranda covering the entry way. The entry drive is stone lined. It is a bit narrow. For those with a large truck or suv, you may wish to use the visitor parking area. The entry drive leads to a parking area in front of the "stable?" Off to the the right is the porch and entry to the "Inne." Entering through a winter entry room, one opens the massive wood door into the reception area.

Pros - Non Smoking facility including outside on the property grounds.
- Quiet rooms with plenty of seating and lamps to read by.
- Ensuite bath.
- Well decorated rooms of the period and a comfortable bed.
- Nice large dining area with sitting rooms off to the side.
- If you wish a quiet place to relax and unwind, this is it. A book on the bed lists the rules,
how to connect to wifi, and a list of nearby eateries.
- Picture postcard setting.
- A selection of cookies in the dining area for a quick nibble after check-in.

Cons - Credit card charged upon reservation being made, even if several months in advance.
- Reception area displayed a card with a phone number to call to get the inn keeper. It
took several minutes of thumb twirling to get to talk to the hostess.
- Inn keepers / owners are a wife - husband team. Wife - stern and not very friendly.
After being shown the room and rulebook and given key, she disappeared. Husband
was met at breakfast with only a few short conversations.
- Breakfast was minimal with a garnished orange half for an appitizer followed by a stack
of four thin pancakes with hyped "Local" maple syrup. A crudely shaped sausage patty
was included. Though not listed on the breakfast card one was required to fill out prior
to turning in for the evening, I was offered OJ. The listed beverages were coffee, decaf
tea or milk. One could check a box if you did not desire pork products. You must list an
exact time for your breakfast service. There was a side bar offering some pasteries.
- Hosts not the outgoing types one would expect at a B&B (Maybe thats why another
couple and I were the only ones there.)
- No in room TV or in the common areas - at least I didn't find one.
- Main door locked at midnight with no late entry or exit after that time.
- Room windows locked and alarmed. Not allowed to open them for fresh air if the room
was too hot.
- No in room temperature control. It was central air or heat with the setting dependant on
the season.
- Had to call to get directions. You would be OK with a GPS.
- Ensuite bath was the basics only with a small shower. If you are of large stature, you
won't fit in the shower and sitting on the throne may be uncomfortable.
- The matress protectors crinkle when you turn over - not good for a light sleeper.

Summary - This stay was OK and brovided the basics of a quiet place for a nights rest. It would be good for someone wishing solitude. The breakfast was tasty, but skimpy. I've had a better breakfast at the golden arches. For the price, a better stay with more lively hosts and a better breakfast can be found elsewhere. This inn's only attribute is the picture postcard looks.
I would only stay there again in an emergency.

Room Tip: My room behind the fireplace is not good for a light sleeper. I could hear a motor starting at vari...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The purpose of our trip was to visit Falling Waters and Kentuck Knob. The Inne is a great location to reach each destination. Beautiful decor and wonderful hospitality. You are surrounded by beautiful countryside. Enjoyed the quiet and tranquility of the place. You can see the owners take pride in taking care of this Inne. The breakfasts were wonderful and enjoyed seeing other guests in the breakfast room to share experiences of our visits or just to make new friends. Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our first visit in a B&B and it was great. We were visiting relatives in the Uniontown area and decided to stay at a B&B instead of a hotel. The experience was wonderful and we will come back to the Inne at Watson Choice. The interior and exterior was decorated with yesteryear charm. The room, the "Pineapple Room" had a queen side bed, fireplace, and our own bathroom which some B&Bs do not have. We were very comfortable. We arrived late and did not see the outside of the Inn until morning which was just as inviting as the inside. Breakfast the next morning was homemade pancakes, with syrup from the tap, fruit and delicious baked good. Yummy. The Uniontown area has a lot of places to visit - our next journey to Uniontown will be to discover all the covered bridges in Greene and Washington County and we will again stay at the B&B.

Room Tip: Look at the website to see the decor in each of the bedrooms. I believe that all the rooms have the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you are looking for a beautifully appointed bed & breakfast, The Inne at Watson's Choice is for you. Great attention to detail is apparent from the time you pull into the driveway. The Inne is located off Route 21 outside of Uniontown, but is close enough if you're looking for a store, a mall, or dinner. The front room has a television, and is designed to welcome you in to sit and talk, watch tv, read, or just relax. The sitting room outside of our room was also decorated and designed to welcome everyone to just "sit a spell." The dining room and registration area is also exquisitely decorated, with great attention to detail and to period pieces.

Upon walking the grounds, we felt as though we were taken back in time, with the buildings each having its own purpose. The potting shed, the stable, the barn, and the other out buildings were well tended and beautiful. The decorating touches extended to the outside, as well, and the attention to detail was remarkable. It was extremely lovely. There are seating areas tucked everywhere, from the front and side porches to an outside living room (enclosed), to a fire pit with lots of seating, and everything in between. My personal favorite outbuilding was the potting shed, with the watering trough, watering cans, water pump and all sorts of fall flowers. My close second was the side porch, as there was a natural breezeway coming down the driveway in the shade of the trees, with music played softly and subtly, which was quite soothing. Again, the decorating was superbly done.

For the "bed" part of the B&B, each room is done in its own theme, and we were in the Ivy Room. Our room looked out onto a garden, but, honestly, I couldn't see much of a garden, although that was not an issue, as we kept the shutters closed since we were on the ground floor. It was well appointed, and also had period pieces. Loved the headboard cover, since it made for a softer place to lean! Bed is soft, which isn't my personal fave, but I survived. The bathroom is small, and only has a shower, no bathtub. The lighting in the bathroom was lacking near the shower area, which could be improved with a brighter light. The worst part for me, personally, was not being able to adjust the air, as there is no room air conditioner, and all rooms are controlled by one thermostat (to the best of my knowledge). It was much too warm in the room for me, and we are not permitted to open the windows. I'm just glad I brought a fan.

Now, as for the "breakfast" part. Make sure you turn in your meal ticket, or you'll only have the pastries, breads, muffins, and fruit, and not a main entree. We turned ours in, as we were instructed to do, and the food was delicious. A lot of time, effort, and care goes into every main entree, every bread, every pastry, and it absolutely comes through in the taste and flavors. The first day we had a zucchini/roasted red pepper/cheese frittata with a side of sausage (I think it was homemade) and a baked tomato with cheese and salsa. I absolutely LOVED the frittata, and the baked tomato was delicious. To me, the sausage was just ok, as I'm not a fan of too much rosemary, and it was just too much for me. My husband liked it, though. We also had fresh fruit, blueberry muffin bread, mini cinnamon rolls, a few other breads, and rice pudding (with just a hint of lemon...exquisite!). Day two's breakfast was a rich, smooth, buttery stuffed croissant baked french toast (stuffed with what tasted like a vanilla egg cream) with homemade maple syrup, sausage (much to my chagrin), and oranges. We also had another variety of breads/muffins/fruit, etc. Everything was yummy (except...well, you get the picture by now)!! Absolutely spectacular breakfasts! Nancy does the baking and it is apparent that she puts a lot of time and attention, not to mention excellent ingredients, into every thing she makes.

There are several details that are thought out, and provided for, for the guests. There are books galore, seating everywhere (inside and out), wine glasses for those who bring wine, and cookies/snacks and tea/water/juice in the afternoon.

I feel a well-rounded review is necessary for others to make their own traveling decisions, and offer the following for informational purposes. This B&B is outstanding; however, there are some areas that others may find off-putting or too rigid. The first is the check-in time. We arrived at 1:00ish, and thought we could just register, even if our room wasn't ready. That was a no-go. There are no deviations from the registration time (between 3 & 7). Not necessarily a deal breaker for us, but just a slight inconvenience.

Keep in mind that the house is locked at midnight, and if you are going to get in later than that, arrangements must be made with the innkeepers. My husband didn't like the fact that we were "locked in for the night" (his words), and normally, I would agree. It would have been nice if we were permitted to sit on the porch and enjoy the breeze, see the stars, or just relax outside if we so chose, but it was not an option, as the alarm is set at midnight.

One of my least favorite parts was not having access to an ice machine and/or a freezer to get ice. There is a mini-fridge in our wing, but it was packed with food & drink from other guests. We did end up getting ice for our cooler and bringing it to our room.

Keep in mind that although we enjoyed our stay, we have both decided that we are not really "B&B" people, and much prefer a hotel/resort atmosphere where we can come and go as we please (my husband felt "trapped", and I felt a little "stifled"), where we can set the temperature that suits us, or we can open a window, and where I can take a bath. This is just our personal preference. Nothing at all against or a reflection of Bill and Nancy's beautiful establishment.

These few inconveniences being stated, we also understand that Bill and Nancy have an entire compound to upkeep and run, including the house itself, the outbuildings, the decorating, the baking, the cooking, and all other details. It takes a lot of patience, diligence, and love to keep it running smoothly. I am sure it is a lot of work, but their hard work shows in the details.

Room Tip: Make sure to specify if you wish to have a bathtub or if a shower is all you need or prefer.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inne at Watson's Choice? Share your experiences!