“great” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Uniontown to your Saves list
Super 8 Uniontown
701 West Main St., Uniontown, PA 15401   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Uniontown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
OXFORD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I read the reviews from the Uniontown, PA location and when I called to get a rate Ted asked me to please hold, well Ted failed to put me on hold and I waited 7 minutes listening to whatever it was they were doing. I ended up hanging up because Ted never came back to the phone. I called back and told Ted he forgot about me and he apologized and when I asked about the travel discount my work has he had no idea about it. So I went online and made my reservation. I was on the second floor room 209 facing the back of the hotel. the room decor was nice, the beds were on the firm side but had just a bit of bounce it wasn't unbearable. The sprinkler's were hanging a bit but not bad. The room was clean they only give you 2 towels though. Why who knows alot of hotels do that now. I asked for more and got some from housekeeping. The breakfast consisted of waffles, yogart,oatmeal, fruit, juice,coffee,toast,bagels and Yes the cinnabuns they are famous for. But, be prepared because the staff monitors these. They ration them out. I am not kidding. I came in about 9:45am one morning and the spot they keep them was empty I made a comment to the lady that was working "oh, your out of the cinnabuns" she never offered to get anymore actually I dont think she even said anything. So if you see them take as many as you can. Checkout was fine gave me my receipt never asked how my stay was or anything just said bye. Good price and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is clean, bright and well maintained. Our room was larger than normal, clean and everything worked.

We chose this hotel because we wanted a reasonably priced room for one night. (We are in town to visit Fallingwater.) This hotel was priced about $60 cheaper than rooms located nearby. They offer a simple continental breakfast and there are many restaurants nearby. We would stay here again.

We chose wisely!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'd stayed at this Super 8 a few years ago, probably soon after it first opened -- and in my mind, it's still a relatively new hotel. Unfortunately, it hasn't been aging well and my sense of time is probably unrealistic.

First, allow me to confirm the strange odor when you walk into the hotel. Not sure what that was, and I certainly don't want to know or really even think about it.

When we walked into our room, I was first overcome by the shocking red wall behind the beds. Maybe this was meant to be a focal point of some kind, but it wasn't the right color choice since it didn't harmoniously match the wallpaper border above it. On one hand, that's a simple aesthetics thing; on the other hand, it shows that it wasn't thought through thoroughly and that sort of carries over to other aspects of the stay.

While hotels in many parts of Pennsylvania, and Uniontown is no exception, are generally packed with Texas and Oklahoma oil people who are coming up here to work in natural gas fracking, I am pretty sure that we were the first people to stay in our room in a very long time. Why? Because the cobwebs were a very prominent part of the room's decoration.

A previous guest had left what I assume to be a tip in an envelope on the room's desk -- and it was still there. If the cleaning people didn't see FREE MONEY to take, what else did they miss?

The breakfast was unmemorable, with a poor selection. Not worth it; went to Sheetz and Eatn'Park instead.

Yes, you get what you pay for with these budget hotels. But this is America, and at these franchise chains, I expect minimum standards so that you know what you're getting and it's not an issue to have to stay in a Super 8. But when the standards aren't maintained, it's better to pay a few more dollars and have a better and more comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I don't know if all of the smoking rooms are just on the third floor, but if they are and you do...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I didn't find the negative reviews of this hotel until I had already booked our room...so I wasn't sure WHAT we were going to find once we got there. We were happy to find that our room was large and clean, with no odors. Plenty of light. The beds and pillows were clean and comfortable. The ac worked well, and we could set it to our taste. The bathroom was clean and functioned properly. There were many channels available on the tv. A microwave and small refrigerator in the room were handy. The continental breakfast area was large and had the usual ammenities, plus a do-it-yourself waffle maker.

Any contact with the front desk and staff were without issues.

Essentially, everything was as it should be, and I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we were on the back side, away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Uniontown? Share your experiences!