“Average. Hardly Memorable.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Uniontown
Philadelphia, PA
“Average. Hardly Memorable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

This hotel was OK. Nothing really negative, but certainly nothing exceptional to recommend it. It's hard to put my finger on it, but the hotel seemed dreery and I just got the sense that I could not wait to check out. I think if the hotel is renovated/updated it would be a much better place to stay. Although I would not go out of my way to avoid staying here again, I would likely look for another hotel in Uniontown or close by.

• Liked — Refrigerator and microwave in each room.
  • Disliked — Rooms really need to be updated.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hanover, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

Our family stayed here to visit relatives in the area. We chose the Fairfield because it was cheaper than the nearby Hampton Inn. Having stayed in Waynesburg (20 miles away) previously in their Comfort Inn, this hotel was a step up in overall performance. The Fairfield was a bit standard for a Marriott, but not too surprising because of its location. We used the pool a few times and it was really nice, as well as the whirlpool. The breakfast was good, but I was expecting a little more from a Fairfield; they had the usual with some choices not seen at the Waynesburg Comfort Inn. The rooms were very nice too, no problems there.

Overall, this was a very rewarding stay, but next time we visit the area, we'll probably be trying the Hampton Inn to see if it's better.

• Liked — good value
  • Disliked — nothing bad about our stay
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

Stayed 2 nights while visiting some Frank Lloyd Wright Houses nearby. Desk staff friendly and professional while handling a large group that came in prior to us; no glitches at checkin or checkout. Room was clean and spacious, like new bedding, and our request for extra pillows was taken care of before we checked in. Pool area clean and well cared for. Close to restaurants.

• Liked — comfy bed, nice pool/ hot tub, decent breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Pickerington, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

I read a lot of online reviews before booking this hotel as I was debating what city to stay in as we had plans to visit Wisp Ski resort for 1 day. Originally had considered hotels in Morgantown, WV or Frostburg, MD but this one seemed most convenient and economical. Hotel is newly refurbished and they are really trying, it seems. Chairs in room were newly reupholstered, looked very clean. Sofa maybe not so shiny and new but OK. Carpet seemed very clean. Stucco textured ceiling had been newly painted over. Sheets were crisp and the curtains were very starchy and new. Pool was clean (but had a very strong smell of chlorine). I didn't feel that I could rate the hotel a 4 however because there were small things that made it feel very average. The plastic electrical socket faces for the outlets were left dangling from the socket in our room as were the sprinkler head bases. The heater was a bit noisy. The number plates on the outside of the doors were cracked. It's not shiny and new - definitely refurbished. Orbitz got us a good deal so in the end it was a decent buy and we were satisfied but I don't think I would go out of my way to stay here again. Staff was not especially warm and inviting. When I was trying to clarify whether a discrepancy with my room rate had been cleared up, I was made to feel as if I were an intrusion. The staff that we encountered were helpful but not especially happy to be helpful. Bertha the cleaning lady seemed the most warm and personable. Clean but average.

• Liked — pretty clean and safe location, nice breakfast
  • Disliked — a bit of a ramshckle feeling and that I wasn't very important as a cusotmer
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

The Fairfield Inn in Uniontown provided a nice getaway for my family. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly. The kids loved the indoor pool. The only knock I have against this hotel is that they did not have waffles on the breakfast bar. This is the first Fairfield that didn't.

• Stayed January 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2008

I chose to stay in this hotel due to its proximity (around 30 minutes) from Morgantown, West Virginia. It was the cheapest Marriott in the area that I found when booking on Marriott.com. The hotel website states that the Fairfield Inn Uniontown is "award-winning" and is one of the "Top 50 Fairfield Inns". I don't see how. The staff was friendly, yes. Front desk was helpful when my card wouldn't work in my room. Manager was nice at check-out and asked me to come back and stay with them again. However, the hotel wasn't very clean. It appeared that the hallways (and my room) hadn't been vacuumed in some time. Tables in the rooms were dusty also. Shower curtain was dirty also. Outside the hotel was clean. Stayed one night with no problems, but for an "award-winning" hotel, I would prefer to have it clean.

• Liked — Price, Friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Not very clean.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Chester, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

We stayed here while touring in and around Ohiopyle State Park. The hotel was easy to find and well maintained. We had no problem with check in. The room was well appointed and comfortable. It was also reasonably quiet. Included breakfast offered muffins or danish, cereal, yogurt, juices, English muffins and bagels, and eggs or waffles. Several restaurants and stores were located within 1/2 mile of the hotel. The pool was clean and our boys enjoyed it each day. Within a 25 minute drive are Ohiopyle State Park, Fort Necessity National Battlefield, Laurel Caverns, and Kentuck Knob (A Frank Lloyd Wright designed home.) Fallingwater (another Wright home) is about 40 minutes away. (These are all on the same road...not in completely different directions.) We highly recommend Meloni's for dinner. This is "downtown," but easy to find and we enjoyed learning more about George Marshall (of the WWII "Marshall Plan" at Marshall Park just a few steps away. We would not recommend Vinny's Pizza Place. Ruby Tuesday's service was good, prices seemed a bit high.

• Liked — High quality at reasonable price.
  • Disliked — Beds were just a bit soft.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairfield Inn Uniontown? Share your experiences!