“Uniontown PA Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Uniontown
Meyersdale
“Uniontown PA Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The facility is still doing some remodeling but overall we had a very nice stay. Only a few minor problems but nothing that would prevent us from going back. The early check-in and the proximity of restaurants and shopping facilities made our stay very enjoyable. My wife said this is our new place to stay for one night getaways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Shawnee S, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Valued Guest:

The Hampton Inn Uniontown, thanks you so much for this kind review of our facility. We greatly appreciate that our efforts to renovate are not unnoticed. We hope that what ever small events that happened during your stay, we will be able to do better on, on your next stay.
It is wonderful to hear that we will be your choice to stay at in the future.

Kindest regards,
The Hampton Inn Staff
Shawnee Sloboda AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice hotel, staff friendly, they were very accomodating when making reservations. Was in town for a wedding and had booked several rooms and the staff was very helpful. Pretty good free breakfast, had a good variety. They also had alot of seating and tables. Beds were very comfortable, rooms nice. The bathroom flooring needs some updating. But other than that was a nice hotel. I would definatly stay at this location again! And would recomend!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Shawnee S, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

The Hampton Inn Uniontown would like to thank you for your most gracious review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate you choosing to stay with us and knowing that our "Hamptonality" showed to you and your fellow travelers will make us your choice for future stays in the Unintown area.
Your kind words will be forwarded on to the hotels management team and entire staff. Again, thank you and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Kindest regards,
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed here as part of a business trip in April 2013. When I check in, the front desk had big "WET PAINT" signs. The carpet and floor molding in the halls were still not in a finished state. I got a room on the third floor and the room seemed like its renovation was complete. The king bed was comfortable and the furnishings in general seemed clean and new. The bathroom had a little mold around the grab bar and the tub was slanted into the middle (by design) which made keeping balance while taking a shower a bit of a challenge.
Upon entering the room, there was a strong cleaning fluid smell. Why do chain hotels choose this strong smelling cleaning agent? It is not welcoming at all. The AC unit was turned on to cool when I arrived, so the room was COLD; that night the temps were predicted to go down into the teens and twenties. I switched the unit to HEAT and left for several hours. The room was quite warm and toasty when I returned, so the unit worked well.
The breakfast buffet was pretty standard for a level B type property, but the toaster seemed dirty and the general feel of the place was that it needed upgrades and some polish. It is in the process of being renovated (early April 2013), so things may improve in many categories.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shawnee S, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continue to work towards improving our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future. So that you can see the end results of the necessary renovations to our lobby and breakfast areas. We hope that you will give the Hampton Inn Uniontown an opportunity to serve as an option for your next stay in our area.
Regards,
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Exhausted @ the end of the day and i just wanted to Shower and watch some NCAA March Madness. Check in was easy and very quick. Front Desk Peronnel were very pleasant and efficient.
First i had to take my 8 yr old Daughter to the Pool, she took some toys and had a wonderful time. I enjoyed the Jacuzzi for approx 10 minutes, it felt great.

We slept well and the Breakfast was delicious. Our room was spotless and all the staff that we encountered smiled and asked how we were doing and if there was anything that they could to make our stay any better. I liked that.

Room Tip: if you are staying longer than 1 night ask for a frig in your room. request a room away from the br...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shawnee S, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

The Hampton Inn thanks you very much for the wonderful review of our hotel.
I am so glad to hear that not just you but your other family members enjoyed their stay with us.
Guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal, so it is great to hear that we are using "Hamptonality".
We hope when you are back this way to visit your family again, that the Hampton Inn will be your choice to stay at.
Again, thank you for this great review.
Best regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A too short stay at a place I would have liked to linger at. Lobby renovation going on but not an issue. The room was certainly to the high Hampton standards and the service was outstanding. From the check-in with Bev and Rian to checking out with Sandy, a great experience. In the morning, I was in a hurry to leave for a meeting elsewhere and left my coat behind. I hadn't left the parking lot when I realized that and immediately went back to the room. A housekeeper, Diane, had already done a quick check, found it and took it to the front desk. They were ready to call my number when I came back in! Awesone - and very appreciated! - service. Nice pool. Managed to get a few minutes in the hot tub before I had to get on a webinar from my room. I wish I could have enjoyed their sauna and steam room as well. Great place. Great value. I think I may go back there just for a quick escape day or two!

Room Tip: I enjoyed being on the first floor with a quick and short walk to the pool area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
The Uniontown Hampton Inn would like to thank you for your stay with us, and for this wonderful review.
It is excellent to hear that the staff is utilizing our "Hamptonality".
Our renovation is winding up, so we hope you make it back our way and see the finished product.
Again, it is with much appreciation to you from us for your awesome thoughts of both our hotel and staff.
Best regards,
All the Hampton Staff
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I took our 3 and 4 year old nephews to stay for a night and play in the pool. For $126, I expected a lot more. The lobby was being refurbished, and the hotel made that clear which we appreciated. But, they didn't say the whole first floor was- including the hallway to the pool. There were workers, tools, debris that we had to navigate with 2 little kids in flipflops.
My biggest disappointment was, because of the endless rules, the kids didn't have any fun at the pool. The young man who signed us in wanted to know the ages of the boys because there were restrictions on what they could do. Again, the kids were 3 and 4. When told that, he said they couldn't use the hot tub. The age restriction on the hot tub was 12 and above. I then realized he didn't have a clue about little kids.

Because our room was quite crowded, we were going to have pizza at the pool area where there were nice tables set up. We had done this in other hotels where we'd stayed before. But, we saw the sign "No Food". The kids couldn't even have a snack - a cookie or chips would have been nice.

And finally, the biggie. NO JUMPING. In order to get in the pool, you had to walk down the steps in the shallow end, or slide in. We had seen the No Jumping sign, but figured that meant no running( another understandable rule) and jumping in or cannonballing. But no, that meant you couldn't stand on the side of the pool and jump in the water. So, my husband and I got yelled at because we were encouraging the boys to jump in -they were wearing swimmies- to get them comfortable in the water. We were the only ones in the pool so there was no chance they were going to land on someone. I've been an elementary teacher for 38 years, so believe me when I say, we would not have been doing that if we actually believed the rule to be you couldn't get in the water by jumping. They say the rules are for safety, but I think it's probably because the facilities are also used by people who buy memberships. There were several older people at the pool on Sunday morning swimming, reading newspapers, socializing. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate a bunch of loud kids splashing around.

The room was okay. Nothing special. It was a bit dated and the bathroom grout was a bit nasty. The beds were quite comfortable and there was free internet. Other than the pool rules, everyone else from the front desk clerk to the breakfast ladies were very nice. .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Shawnee S, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear valued Guest:
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate you and your family coming to visit, and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you all experienced. Our pool rules are enforced to ensure that all of our guests have a safe experience and we again apologize that they did not meet your needs. Our remodel is necessary to keep our Hampton Inn up to date on the Hampton Brand Standards. We hope to have another chance to provide a great stay for you all. Thanks again for your feedback.
Regards,
Hampton Inn Uniontown PA
Hillsboro MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter in February. Loved looking at the falling snow while relaxing in the hot tub! Very nice recreation area--large pool and sauna (which was out of order at the time) and exercise room. Room and bathroom were a nice size and very clean. Undergoing some renovation in the lobby area. Conveniently located across from a mall so there are plenty of chocies for restaurants--some locally run.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Uniontown? Share your experiences!