“Many issues with this hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County

You added Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 Street Rd., Trevose, PA 19053 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Waldorf, Maryland
“Many issues with this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I usually am
Leary about 3 star hotels sometimes they are a little nicer but sometimes they are a little worse.

In this case this hotel was worse. Unfortunately, I am actually about to contact corporate.

1. We arrived at 4:45pm, check in was at 3pm and our rooms were not ready until about 5:15. They gave us comps for the restaurant which was a nice gesture so we let it go. The other couple that travelled 4 hours with us room was not available either they gave free breakfast buffet comps ( buffet was not that great)

2. The entire weekend Friday to Sunday the air conditioning in the common areas such as all hallways and elevators did not work. It was miserable going to and from the rooms.

3. The hotel is very dated but it seems as if they have attempted to fix it up. Peeling paint, stains, very loud AC in suite, towels hard and smelled of strong bleach, room smelled musky/mildewy, dated phones, tv was new flatscreen which was nice but overall it was just worn and dated.

4. Cleaning people did a pretty decent job however the worse is yet to come! Pool was crowded and terrible , then some kid barfed in it and kids were allowed to continue swimming before it was completely clean. No spa. Barbershop closed entire weekend. One complimentary bottle of water left in room.

5. BEDBUGS! Which is why I'm contacting corporate and possibly the health department. I have been traveling forever and when my husband woke up he realized he had been bit by something we ignored it, the next morning on our final stay on the way home we both noticed we had been bitten and I know it was bed bugs because of the type of bite mark and intense itch! I'm pissed.

6. Check out my other reviews, this is my first terrible experience at a hotel. The best thing about this hotel was the bar. The bartenders were nice and very accommodating. They also have over 33 drafts on tap. Food at restaurant was not good for breakfast, other times I'm not sure. We did order a snack grill cheese and fries and it was terrific wasn't on the menu but they made it anyways which was a plus.

Restaurant Tuscano across the street was great! I wish we had one near our home.

Again, I could have given some of these things a pass but after I got by bed bugs I'm so happy I didn't bring my baby with me. We were celebrating our anniversary and needless to say this first trip away from baby was less to be Desired.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear lachellesurles,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to follow up on your experience and have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this hotel through the Sesame Place getaway package and we were very happy. We stayed three nights in the hotel and went to the park for 4 days. There were 3 of us and we only paid $477. It's a great deal. It's about 6 miles from Sesame Place and the drive is very quick.

The hotel is nice - very clean, nice big bathrooms, nice comfortable beds. I really liked having a refridgerator in the room. Every morning we ate breakfast in the room to save money and time, and then packed snacks and drinks in our cooler. There is also a microwave but we didn't use that.

The pool is great. With our daughter, we always stay in hotels with pools and this one was really nice. It's an indoor pool with a hot tub.

I really liked this hotel and would definltely stay again.

A tip: We couldn't find Trevose on our GPS and ended up driving all around (and spending lots of money on the turnpike) trying to find the hotel the first time. The staff informed us that the town has two names - Feasterville and Trevose. We did find Feasterville in our GPS and the drive was much easier the second time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear "Notyourbroom",
Thank you for your kind words.
I am glad you had an opportunity to enjoy sesame park and experience our first class hospitality.
I truly appreciate the fact that you took the time to write about your experience.
Please come back soon. We look forward to having you and your family.
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here three nights beginning on 7-3-13. Upon arrival, our rooms HVAC was very noisy so we switched rooms. The front desk gave us vouchers for a free breakfast for our trouble - nice touch! The hotels exterior gives you the feeling this is a new property - it's very appealing! Same for the lobby, etc. Unfortunately, once inside the sleeping rooms, you realize that isn't the case. The property is older and it's gone through a recent update. It's not ugly, by any means, but it doesn't fit the exterior. The rooms are slightly smaller, but are clean. The bathroom is more spacious and was clean. The pool area is inside and was heavily chlorinated. The workout room is very basic and is smaller. The Wi-Fi worked fine for me and I was on the third floor. Brady's is a nice restaurant - never been to a restaurant bar that has 30 beers on tap! Service was a bit slow, though. One very nice perk was the evening activities for the kids. They provide a service in the evening to entertain the kids for several hours while the adults relax, etc. Very nice touch - VERY nice.

We used this hotel as "home" while visiting Disney and it worked out well. It's a painless 15-20min. drive from the park; there are restaurants, Target/Wal-Mart, etc. nearby, too. It's a good choice if you are heading to the Sesame, but don't want to pay the fees of the hotels located right at the park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights with our 2 and 3 year old while visiting Sesame Place and had a great time. Very kid friendly. Nice heated pool. Friendly staff, clean rooms. Supervised playroom with lovely qualified staff so you can have dinner while kids play. Really nice feature and kids eat free. Will definitely be our choice to stay again when we return.

• Stayed July 2013
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear "mommyofboys2',
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.
Your kind words about our facilities, food service and our people is much appreciated.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon again.
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family has stayed at this hotel a few times. Each time we enjoy the stay. Housekeeping, front desk and the rest of the staff are great. Either breakfast or dinner, the servers are excellent. The pool is small but not many people use it. The exercise room needs to be updated. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfy. The bathrooms are clean. The lobby is always full of people, but I guess that just implies the hotel is booming with guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear "gypsyeyes_12',
Thank you for your kind words.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and sincerely thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.
We hope to see you soon again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I was a guest for the first time in your hotel back in April. The rooms were very comfortable, the front desk staff was attentive and accommodating; and I was VERY pleasantly surprised by the amazing beer selection in Brady's as well as the friendly, well-informed Christine. I had originally planned to go out for dinner but ended up spending my free time in Brady's and also enjoying Chef Daniel's cooking.
After Christine told me about the Sesame place package, I planned a trip back with my family - needless to say, we recently returned to your hotel and once again, your helpful staff made our visit so much fun! My kids loved Sesame place and your pool... And we adults got to enjoy dinner ALONE while the kids played in the playroom... Hello.... What an awesome amenity!
Thank you for the wonderful service.

• Stayed April 2013
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear "Sailsunset",
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.
We are glad that we were able to point you in the right direction for more fun and happiness.
Taking care of our guests is our jobs and we take it very seriously.
Thank you again.
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed there for two nights in early June while we visited Sesame Place. The hotel pool was great for my 3 year olds. The kids ate for free and always got free ice cream while me and my husband had a few drinks at the pub. There is a play room inside the Global rest. that the kids can play in as you eat which is a nice touch. The place was clean and service great! About 12 minutes from Sesame Place. Very kid friendly!

Room Tip: We were next to the ice machines and heard nothing!