“[--] traffic, in cloverleaf but good room” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 Lincoln Highway, Trevose, PA 19053   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Richmond, Indiana
“[--] traffic, in cloverleaf but good room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Off the PA Turnpike, south on U.S. 1, Red Roof Inn on the right NOW! Street Road westbound to U.S. South, Red Roof Inn on the right NOW! (Otherwise, you could be lost for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get there.)

So, you'll think I'm nuts to pick this Red Roof Inn twice, I'm sure. The last time I was here was in 2006, and it seemed like everything was for sale. They had some brochure on the bed about how they were selling pillows, etc. I'm not sure what was happening then.

The place has been renovated, much like other Red Roof Inn locations I've visited over the past couple of years. What's been done looks great, keeping in mind that this is a motel, not a Four Seasons Hotel.

What's not right is the door latch where I have to mess with it so I can leave with the door latched and locked. Room 137 has separate heating and cooling units and the air conditioning unit needs a bit of visible maintenance, yet it works just fine. The fan in the bathroom is horribly loud, as though the blades are clanging against the frame.

The front desk staff (I believe the owners) were very friendly and I felt that I was valued. Maybe, this has to do with RediCard--oh, and I got a free bottled water for being a member. It's a big deal when you see how much they're charging for bottled water, but you know--it seemed an odd perk. This room doesn't have a microwave oven or refrigerator, which is unfortunate, but it dropped the price a bit. However, I didn't realize that when I selected the price. Maybe, I missed the difference? I guess the 2 Full Bed rooms don't have but the 1 King bed rooms have everything.

When I was here in 2006, I had to purchase so-so internet service through T-Mobile. Now, it's through Red Roof Inns, and it's free. It's still very so-so. I had my Sprint mobile hotspot with me and it connected to both WiMAX and LTE at the location but LTE wasn't good enough to be useful at the time. On WiMAX, I was getting around 10 Mbps, which is great since their free WiFi seems to be overloaded.

Since I lived around here for 8 years, I don't think I'd be eating instant ramen in the room. In fact, I've already been out to get a great Italian Hoagie.

If you mind your directions, you'll be fine. It's about equal to the location in Christiana and it's much cheaper than the Oxford Valley location because of Sesame Place up there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed here a total of four times, and every single time I've returned, the quality has declined. The first two times, everything was fine. But the third time, the staff was incredibly rude and I noticed the guests had gotten more sketchy. The fourth and final time I stayed here, the people staying in the rooms next to me were having a loud party. I asked them to please keep it down as it was approaching midnight and they ignored me. So I called the motel lobby and told them to please ask them to keep it down. The staff member told me that he would. One hour later, the party was still going on (at midnight). I called the lobby again and said "hey, I called before, what gives?" and the staff member said "oh, I thought I sent security." Nope. Finally, I did see security (or a staff member) come by and ask them to be quiet a full hour and a half later. That is entirely too long, especially when this inn is so small, and especially when other guests are being very affected by these rude people.

I received no apology from the desk clerk or staff. The fact that I had to call a second time and the staff member didn't show up to tell these guests to end their loud party after an hour and a half shows the lack of consideration for guests.

As such, I won't be staying here any longer and no longer recommend it. After I read an article posted on TripAdvisor about a robbery that happened here, I have not felt comfortable since and my recent experiences have shown me that I should avoid it when traveling solo. Their security is nonexistent and their staff members go out of their way to NOT help you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your stay. I am sorry that your stay was not to our usual standards.At all times our team strives to provide a great stay, I regret that this was not the case.
While I do not know when your plans may bring you back to the area, if they do please contact me directly so we can show you a perfect stay .

Michael Whalen
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

After staying at Red Roof Inn , Trevose, I had made it a point to stay at this franchise wherever I go. I have stayed in Virginia Beach and Baltimore before but the facilities, service, rooms cannot be compared to the one in Trevose. This hotel in trevose is very well maintained, rooms are huge - i have always stayed in the King bed- very comfortable, Check in and checkout is always fast- they also accommodate your request for an early check in if rooms are available I remember I have got rooms as early at 1pm when the check in time is 3pm.

The Management staff has done a wonderful job in maintaining the reputation of the red roof inn franchise. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New Stanton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This location was fantastic!!! Employees were all very helpful and welcoming! I also was very much welcomed with my DOG!!!! I love the red roof inn now and will be returning to stay when traveling through or to this area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of our Inn. We are always love to hear from our guests about thier positive experience. I have shared your comments with Kristin as well as the rest of our team. Comments such as yours are a great inspiration as we continually work towards improving our service. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.
We looking forward to serving you in the future.
Michael Whalen
Red Roof Inn Trevose- Ben Salem
Mount Vernon, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had not been at this Red Roof Inn for a couple of years and was pleasantly surprised when I stayed 2 nights ago. While the lobby is still under reconstruction, most if not all of the rooms seem to have been redecorated. I had a king business room, which was clean and spacious. The grounds are well maintained, and the front desk staff was very helpful. The location can't be beat: Directly off the Pennsylvania Turnpike and right near a road lined with restaurants (albeit mostly branches of chains like Applebee's, Outback Steakhouse and TGI Friday's).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stay at Red Roof Inns when we need to travel with our dog. She is a 110 pound Rottie, and Red Roof is one of the few hotels that is pet friendly, and doesn't have size/weight restrictions.

This Red Roof is in the process of being "renovated", and we stayed in one of the "renovated rooms". The room had been recently repainted. There was laminate flooring that looked new. The bathroom had no renovations- the tub was pretty beat up. The worst part for me was they had put a computer chair from a smoking room into the room we were, which was a non-smoking room. It reeked of smoke.

Overall the room was fine. Like the other reviewers said, it's a Red Roof. They don't try to hide that they are budget hotel. There are no frills. But, it is a good place to stay if you're traveling with your pet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Out of the way place. Right off highway. Very noisy. It's not the Sheraton or Marroitt but the price was right. They could use bigger coffee pots in the rooms. the fridge needs a lttle freezer compartment in it to. The rooms were clean except I found a pubic hair in the tub needless to say I carried lysol wipes and I cleaned the tub and toilet before using. Housekeeping do not speak or I don't think they understand english had to get towels at front desk. Front desk very nice. It's just not accessible to any stores. Stayed for 3 nights Thurs thru Sun. first night was quiet after that very noisy people banging on the door next door at 4 am you can hear people talking outside your room.Had to leave bathroom light on which has a fan connected to it to drown out noise. The one very good thing is they take pets at no extra cost thats a big plus for me as I have a dog who goes wherever I do. So that gets a rating of a 10 out of a 10 I would stay again overall

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose? Share your experiences!