“Five Star staff, Five Star Management !” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Yardley, Pa
“Five Star staff, Five Star Management !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

We have visited the Radisson in Trevose, Pa a few times in the past few years. During those stays we have waived and said hello to various members of the staff including the front desk personnel and the kitchen staff. This time we came during a terrible winter snow storm. I had undergone a TKR (total knee replacement) some four weeks earlier and I really needed a break from home. We reserved a room. I called the hotel and Ashley answered, I explained my situation and Ashley immediately told me that she would place us on the first floor in a handicapped room. When we arrived I crutched into the lobby to check in. The hotels Reservations Manager, Seth, noticed me. I had waived to Seth on our other stays but never had a chance to converse. When Seth saw me, he immediately ran over and inquired how I was and if there was anything he could do. I advised Seth of my knee operation and of the fact that my wife, was in the car. Seth immediately grabbed a bellman's cart, ran outside, helped Debra out of the car, loaded up the cart and brought Debra into the lobby, as I completed the check in. From that moment on the entire staff treated us with the love, concern and care that we have NEVER experienced before....even in any Ritz Carlton facility. The shower in the handicapped room provided me with the space, safety and security that I really needed. I can say this, that when I arrived at the Radisson Trevose I was able to bend my operated knee to 88 degrees.... after our week stay I was bending my knee to 97 degrees !!!! The room service provided by M.J. was absolutely impeccable. His upbeat personality, his attentiveness to detail was and is so deeply appreciated by us. He would bring our food order and as neither I nor Debra could not really do anything, M.J. would place our order on the table, unpacking all items and displaying everything. When we finished M.J. would arrive to clean up everything and bring all the dishes, etc. back to the kitchen... M.J. provided service that we have never experienced at any hotel. We thank Seth and M.J. and Veronica, Vern, Renata, Carl Brown and Joe, Director of Food and Beverages.

Now, we know that reviews are usually written from the point of view of the traveler and of what the hotels staff did for the traveler, but I would like to mention how the Radisson Management treats their staff. As I mentioned we arrived during the week of snow blizzards and freezing temperatures that gripped the northeast. This is what we saw: Those employees who lived far from the facility were granted the ability to either not come in or to come in a bit late or leave early, especially those who have little children. Regarding the kitchen personnel we learned that when the usual restaurant boss needed to leave early M.J., a waiter and room service delivery man, immediately took over the duties of running the order taking and room service. M.J. did so because he lived close to the hotel and could more easily make the trip to and from work safely. His ability to run the order taking and overseeing the delivery of orders to all the rooms was impeccable. Even more impressive was that management cared for the safety of its employees. This is the mark of an organization which rates 5 Stars !! When management cares for its personal and the personnel is capable of handling the duties of their superiors, and does so willingly and proficiently, we smile and say this is truly a well run machine. We thank you Radisson, in Trevose.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelManagement_CEG, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, February 27, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel; we have worked very hard to ensure we are providing a safe, clean, and comfortable hotel. We have passed your comments regarding the service on to all of our staff as it is important for them to hear positive feedback from our guests. We are pleased that you are doing better, and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
kansass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I enjoyed this hotel a whole lot. The pool was clean the rooms are clean. Nice little lounge off the lobby with a couple of t.v. computer in lobby for guest with printer, which i found helpful. the help is very pleasant they act genuinely kind not fake liked forced to smile or something. around the corner mayber 5 min drive is a lot of restaurants, longhorn, outback, applebees, tgif, and many others, alot of convient shopping as well, one more thing they have lots of free parking and roaming security at night which i really found nice. 15 min or so to down town philly, if you are going up to philly just to hang around this is where you want to stay especially with family........................................

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
ThehotelguyatCEG, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be a cool quiet place; we do go to great lenghts to keep our hotel safe and do whatever is necessary to have a secure, safe and family friendly environment for all guests. You mentioned our location and yes we are conveniently located near several shops out dining outlets. We also do offer an onsite pub and restaurant that offers some regional cuisine that you should try on your next visit. Thank you for your response.
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

The last time I stayed at this hotel, a group of drunken athletes were allowed to celebrate through the night and repeated calls to the desk went unheeded.. The following morning my guest and I were given a reduced rate and breakfast coupons. We checked out one day early.

Later that week I received an email apology from some poobah and the offer of a free stay. I never returned. My next three stays in the area, booked through Hotwire.com and Priceline.com I had the good fortune to be booked at the Holiday Inn in Bensalem - perhaps not as fancy, but recently renovated, warm and comfortable.

I was booked at the Radisson, by Hotwire.com for a three night stay ($53.00 per night) this past Thanksgiving weekend. I begged them to change the reservation, but they were intransigent.

The day-time front desk folks were pleasant and a requested refrigerator was immediately brought to the room.

However, at 3:40 a.m. on my last night a drunk tried to enter my room. I called down to the front desk and was told that security would be right there. The persistent drunk continued his assault on my door and I called again - security is on their way. No one showed up. Eventually the drunk gave up and wandered off.

No one came to check on my safety or even called to see if I was okay. I packed my things at at 6:05 a.m. I checked out. When I asked for my bill, the desk clerk actually sneered at me and said that there was no bill for me because I booked through Hotwire.com.

Despite the corporate reputation and the usual quality of Radisson - this hotel is unsafe at night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel, we apologize for your recent experience and as you noted we reached out to you to make some amends. Security is of major importance and as noted by several past guests we do offer a secure, safe, and friendly hotel environment. Your concerns are of great importance to me and we reviewed the incidents of that evening and I can assure all of our guests that we will continue to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable hotel experience for all guests. In addition, we also provided feedback to all of our staff regarding how you felt regarding the service; our goal is to provide superior service and responsiveness to all guests and we apologize for the service you received. Thank you for your response.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I took a group of 54 to this hotel after a long day of Xmas shopping. [ I am a group leader] The rooms were spotless and everyone in the group raved about the mattress. The help was very professional. The only small compliant was that they do not have flat screen tv.s in the rooms.I will be bringing the group back again.

• Stayed November 2010
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate your kind words. We are proud of the beds we provide for all of our guests. The Sleep Number Beds by Select Comfort have gained much recognition as providing the perfect sleep and we are proud to have these beds in our hotel. Thank you for your review.
Trevose, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I actually enjoyed my stay until this afternoon when I spotted a cockroach on the bathroom floor. I've been staying in this hotel for three weeks, each week in a different room because I go home each weekend. Today, the first day of my last week here, I was surprised to see a cockroach.

Everything else about the place has been just fine. The rooms are otherwise clean and the service is friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are pleased that your overall stay was good. We are concerned about the insect that you found in your room; cleanliness of our rooms is of utmost importance to us and we have implemented proper insect awareness and removal tactics designed to limit the possibility of insect intrusion. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work diligently on ensuring all of our rooms are safe, secure, clean, and insect free!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I used to stay here a lot with my wife and kids when we came to town to visit family. The hotel is very kid friendly - the staff were always polite to the kids. The kids love the heated indoor pool - it's among the warmest pools I've ever found at a hotel. The restaurant has always been very accommodating and friendly to the kids. The breakfast buffet was very good. We even did a staycation at this hotel last year - the kids thought it was a real vacation, since they loved the room and the pool. The hotel is also close to the Neshaminy Mall, Franklin Mills Mall, Oxford Valley Mall, and Sesame Place. I highly recommend this hotel for a good value and a great pool!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased that your children liked the pool, we honestly beleive we have one of the best indoor pool atrium areas in the surrounding area and are pleased that you enjoyed your time. Thank you very much for your response.
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Our family arrived at this hotel the day before our "big day" at Sesame Place. There are a couple of hotels right in Langhorne where Sesame Place is, but they're pricier. From the reviews I had read, it seemed like this Radisson would be a good pick-- a very reasonable price and an easy commute.

The reviews were right: the drive to Sesame Place was no big deal, and the hotel was terrific. We stayed in a 2-room suite that was spectacular. One of the rooms was your basic size hotel room with two double beds, though a step up in terms of decor, cleanliness, and comfort (we got to try Sleep Number beds for the first time... they were interesting, though not as amazing as I'd hoped), but the other room made us feel like we were VIPs. It was huge, with a lovely living room area, in addition to a separate kitchen area and entrance, and a king-size bed. We got a discounted rate, but even without that, it's well worth the full price to get the suite if you can do it.

I'd guess that about half the people staying there were Sesame Place people. There were lots of families roaming the hotel with little kids clutching Elmo dolls, wearing Cookie Monster t-shirts, and waving Abby Cadabby wands. Friendly staff, and a good restaurant. We plan to return next summer for another trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!