“Nice staff, comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Sterling, Virginia
“Nice staff, comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am from the area and we have stayed here a few times while visiting my parents. The hotel is a little dated, but well kept, always very clean, with a fantastic six floor lobby atrium, which is very impressive when you first walk in. It is decently equipped with an indoor and out door pool, but no hot tub. The fitness center had several nice treadmills and ellipticals, a weight machine, but no free weights. There are common use computers and a nice bistro in the atrium, and strong wifi, even when in a corner room.

The room was clean, spacious, and while on the cool side (5th floor, in a corner), the heater worked fine when we wanted to warm it up some. The bed was a Select Comfort king size bed, so it could be set to whatever comfort you wanted it.

This last visit we walked into our room to find that someone had been smoking in the bathroom. We asked to change rooms, which was done immediately without hesitation from the receptionist. She was very friendly and seem very happy to fix the problem.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Cyclonic07,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that you stayed with us. Thank you for mentioning our amenities. We really value all guest feedback. We strive to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time.We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were down at Sesame Place for A Very Furry Christmas a couple weeks before Christmas. We stayed at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast again for our family weekend get-away.

On the weekends during the holiday season, Sesame Place opens after lunch so we had a few hours to occupy – and we did it at the pool… the warm, bright indoor pool. While we were at the pool, housekeeping came to tidy and organized all the girls’ lovies for them. (seriously, how is there room in the bed w all the stuffed animals they go to sleep with??) (and who is that giraffe/ball thing, where did that even come from???) (and just like the other times, they deflated that Sleep Number bed as flat as it would go, they love sleeping in a squooshy pit!)

I do love that there are extra pillows stashed away in the rooms - I put one between the bed and the nightstand in case anyone gets flaily, and there’s different firmnesses so everyone gets a pillow they like.

I had a panicked moment when I realized I didn’t bring my hair dryer – those tiny little on-the-wall-jobs are no match for my wirey crazy mane. But good news!! The room we were in had a brand new full-sized hair dryer stashed in the closet. And my hairdo was saved.

Lots of pretty decorations, ready for Christmas! Trees and poinsettias and trim tastefully arranged.

We timed our weekend just right, Sunday the Radisson was having Breakfast with Santa! We had breakfast, hung with Santa, saw some dances by a local dance studio before we got on the road. Frosted flakes, pancakes and a chocolate peppermint cupcake – dream breakfast of 7 year olds everywhere. There were plenty of tasty choices for the grownups, too. And a chocolate peppermint cupcake for mom.

The reception room was large and they had a great turnout. Santa took his time with all the kids and was especially patient with Little Girl who decided for some reason that she was not keen on sitting with the big guy. He had a little chat with her and eventually she posed for a picture for mom. (You know those sweet girls got every single thing they asked for and then some.)

It’s a relief to have a place to go that’s consistently clean, quiet with friendly folks working there. We’re pretty low maintenence, it’s nice to be able to just do our thing. Another great trip!

Room Tip: If you want/need a fridge be sure to ask. If you DON'T want a Sleep Number bed, just ask!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

TRAVELERS BEWARE!!

I originally had a room booked for only 1 night. Aside from some gross looking damage in one corner of the ceiling (photo attached) the night went pretty well. The room is pretty spacious and has a great flat screen TV. Seemed like a nice place so when I had to extend my stay for another 4 nights I didn't think twice. BIG MISTAKE!!

On the third day of my stay I needed to have laundry and dry cleaning done. I saw they offer a convenient (although pricey) express dry cleaning service which promises to have your clothing ready and hanging in your closet within 3 hours. I should've figured that the multiple misspellings in the dry cleaning order forms (pics attached) and the departments inability to answer any questions over the phone (ext 163) would foreshadow what was to come. Reluctantly I gave them my blazer (or Sport Coal as they have it listed), dress shirt, and pants. The lady picking up my clothing already had the express form filled out for me, but I made sure to remind her that it was PRESS ONLY for everything since the form doesn't have the option to specify. About 3 hours later someone delivers my clothing to my door. I was immediately shocked to see that they were FOLDED and placed in a TRASH BAG!!! With the employee standing in front of me I opened the bag to examine my suit and saw that my blazer was completely and utterly destroyed. Seems that the person handling my suit either wasn't paying attention or didn't care because my blazer was machine washed which caused the material to literally crumble. It looked like it had been hit by a train... and then the tracks. A COMPLETE FAILURE AT THE MOST ELEMENTARY LEVEL. Right away I took it to the front desk and spoke with the manager on duty. The manager was extremely nice and polite and after an unsuccessful attempt to fix my blazer she quickly compensated me for the loss. She went above and beyond the call of duty by even calling a local mall to track down a replacement and then printing out directions for me. I wish the dry cleaners took the same pride in their work that she did.

Flash forward 2 nights and I find out I will have to extend my stay for another 2 nights. Since I don't like walking around in week old dirty clothing and paying over $100 per night to do so I will not be staying at the Radisson for those nights. It's a terrible blemish on what otherwise would've been a very enjoyable stay.

TL;DR version: dry cleaners destroyed my blazer and pawned the problem off to the very nice and helpful front desk staff. Not the kind of service I expected after dropping over $500 on my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Radisson T, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our dry cleaning provider, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Management Team
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

When we arrived we were very impressed by the lobby, it looked very nice. But then we came into our room which was so cold that it felt like entering a fridge. We turned the heat on to the maximum and hoped it would get warmer but it didn't. Later on we realised the room was located just above an arcade, that's why the cold was coming from beneath the room and the floor in both the room and the bathroom was just freezing. We wanted to take a hot bath to warm up at least but it wasn't possible to turn the fan in the bathroom off so it was kinda mission impossible to make the bathroom warmer since the fan kept blowing cold air.
On the top of it there was a party going on close to our room and we had to listen to the loud music till the morning, luckily we were so tired so we felt asleep at the end.
We made a mistake that we didn't complain straight away but we hoped the temperature would get better, when we realised it wouldn't it was already very late at night and we just didn't want to pack all our stuff again and move (if they gave us another room at all) and we just made it till the morning, we left as soon as we could.
The furniture in the room and the bathroom was quite old but the bed was very modern, you can adjust it to your preference. The hotel offers complimentary wifi and parking, also it's just a short drive to Philadelphia which is handy.
We weren't very impressed but I guess it's just because we were unlucky with the room, they shouldn't give this room to any guests at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Danielson_8
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We spent a short weekend getaway in Philadelphia area,We picked the hotel because of my club Carlson rewards and good prior experience.We were 2 families-4 adults and 3 kids. the check in was fast and efficient, We were upgraded for bed and breakfast package. the pool was warm and clean, the rooms were quiet and clean. good amenities.breakfast was more then average with great service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Danielson_8,

Thank you so much for your feedback about the hotel We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We value all guest feedback. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My stay at the Raddison was great.Especially since I wasn't familiar with the brand.I didn't know what to expect. And when I arrived it was more than I expected.The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful.The Bistro's food was good.I will definitely go bk soon.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear MissTys,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for your kind words about the Bistro. We value all guest feedback and will pass it on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Deer Park, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this location and had my vehicle broken into. The passenger window was smashed in and a printer I had in my vehicle vandalized. When I went to report the incident to the hotel security and asked if they could review their security cameras to see if the perpetrators could be identified. I was surprised to learn that they have no security cameras in their parking lots. In addition this is not their first incident such as mine. I filed a vandalism and theft report and as of today over two weeks later I have yet to hear from the hotel in a written or verbal format. My vehicle was parked for less than 6 hours from time of check in to when I returned to my vehicle. Based on the behavior of this hotel I would say they do not care about their customer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
We apologize that our management team has not contacted you regarding the vandalism situation. We would like to discuss this situation further. Please contact Carlson Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!