“Good for a one night business stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good for a one night business stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I just stayed there for a night, so I did not use any of the amenities. The room was OK, carpet could be cleaner, bathroom could use some updates. I did not like the sleep number bed. They offer a $11 p.p. breakfast buffet which I think is a fair price for what you get.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bristol, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our entire experience starting with Roz then Jeannine was great. So helpful! Jeannine was a huge help with updating my room list and helping with the hosted breakfast. Breakfast was perfect for us and our guests. The waiting staff was also superb and attentive. Rooms were spotless and the service was fast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for telling us about your experience. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your comments about the staff. We will make sure to pass this feedback on to our staff. They appreciate hearing comments about their service. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Kingston, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Clean......spacious...great pool...excellent bar...recommend....Also,very good bar menu .
This hotel exceeds the 3 star rating it usually gets...very attentive management is evident.Staff is courteous and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Frank,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Philly. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. T'hank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Midtown
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My daughter loved the room so much since she could go to the indoor pool from the room. Regardless of few times encountering roaches at pool side and the room, I was thinking to come back here again until the last day. Hotel charges us the restaurant fee twice as originally I thought - first without coupon then with coupon at night time dessert. Such a correction shouldn't be much an issue. However, the concierge keeps insisting that they were different charges - one for breakfast (that we did not go) and the other one for night time. I have to keep explaining it must be the charge without coupon. I believe it was not a pleasant experience for both of us. I did not want to end my trip with this kind of feeling. Now, I feel we should have stayed away from the restaurant.

Room Tip: Some waiters at the restaurant are not that professional.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Warminster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for an event every January since I was 14 years old. Considering that the location is not the most picturesque - Trevose can be a little seedy - the hotel is just fine. It's easy to locate, the people at the front desk are friendly and service is quick, and I've never had a problem with the rooms. It's an older building, but they have made improvements over time. The pool and fitness center are nice to have if you need to spend some time out of the room. And the banquet room is very nice. It's not as large as some others I have been to, but it cozily fit our large group of about 250 people for an annual dance for many, many years. The bar is also cozy - meant to look like an english library-meets-hunting den. The lobby is very large and the open dining area in the middle of the lobby is very convenient for the guests. Overall, I have no problem with the Radisson Northeast. The place carries a lot of good memories for me.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Kimberly M,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate our repeat guests. Thank you for all of your comments and concerns. We value all of our guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. Hope to see you next year for your event!!

Wilmington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our second stay here and we really like this hotel. The rooms are large and clean, we had plenty of room for our family of four even with a pack and play. The restaurant is pretty good and plays movies for the kids. There are also two pools, indoor and out which is great. We had an issue with the lock on our door and the manager was very helpful, she comped us two breakfasts and gave us a gift certificate for dinner.

Room Tip: The pool is open until 10pm, so rooms at the pool may not be good if you like to turn in early.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Lynne S,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding the hotel. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us and that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time we hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Clarkston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Let me start this review with qualifiers:
1. I am not a complainer. This is not code for "I really am a complainer."
2. I talk in circles. This means I circle the story with stories.
3. I like things to go my way. And yes, that means even on vacation with 2 elementary-aged boys.
4. I live in the real world. This means that even if I want my way, it's not going to happen all the time...or even most of the time (refer to the boys in #3).
Review:
My husband was working in this area for a time and was getting homesick so I threw my boys, 10 & 8 (no, that's not their names) in the car with iPods and Xbox (yes!) and drove the 11 hours to meet up with him. The trip was uneventful not counting the hotel we stayed at en route whose fire alarm jolted the masses into a frenzy at 4 a.m. and left us outside in what was 1 degree from the record summer low.
But as any parent knows, the last 2 hours of a road trip are probably when the phrase "losing it" was coined. After fielding questions about what I would do if our 16 yr old dog birthed puppies from the mouth (1 million puppies to be precise...and our dog is a he) or what I would do if our town was invaded by 1 million vampires (die), I was glad to reach our hotel to pass them off.
So, initial reaction. Walked in. Desk clerks didn't make eye contact with me or greet me (not a big deal) so I texted my husband to come get me.
Interior is large & spacious. Clean.
Pool is chilly but I stayed in the room while husband took them so I could "rest" (aka: watch Property Brothers) so I can't verify that.
Hotel restaurant was good. I recommend the moscato! Kid's meals are large-ish and for $6 get a sundae included.
Now onto rooms. Should I start with my kids dramatically gagging?
Now, we weren't inhaling smoke from a dryer fire (see previous night remarks) but the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. And annoying. For the price I pay, I don't want to smell anything, let alone cigarette smoke. And yes, I'm a cigarette smoke snob.
The beds.
Back when Sleep Number beds became trendy, I strongly suggested to my husband we buy one. Well, have you ever slept on a waterbed? Kinda like that and not a good investment when you allow kids and dogs on it. Kid gets on. You go up. Dog jumps off. You go down. Husband rolls over. You roll over. So seeing this bed in our room made me cringe. And no, those beds haven't changed in the 5 years since I gave mine away to my BFF!
So 1 bed left. And I'm actually in it now. This bed is so firm I can't feel my son moving (good), but it feels like a cement slab (bad). I have NEVER slept in a bed this hard. Ever.
And this is where I wrap up. There are so many choices of places to stay. Give me a good bed, a warm pool, and no fire alarm wake-ups. Don't allow smoking in the hotel or at least allow it by floor. Not the room next to me.
And...take this with a grain of travel salt.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!