“could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Trevose
NYC
“could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My daughter loved the room so much since she could go to the indoor pool from the room. Regardless of few times encountering roaches at pool side and the room, I was thinking to come back here again until the last day. Hotel charges us the restaurant fee twice as originally I thought - first without coupon then with coupon at night time dessert. Such a correction shouldn't be much an issue. However, the concierge keeps insisting that they were different charges - one for breakfast (that we did not go) and the other one for night time. I have to keep explaining it must be the charge without coupon. I believe it was not a pleasant experience for both of us. I did not want to end my trip with this kind of feeling. Now, I feel we should have stayed away from the restaurant.

Room Tip: Some waiters at the restaurant are not that professional.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Warminster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for an event every January since I was 14 years old. Considering that the location is not the most picturesque - Trevose can be a little seedy - the hotel is just fine. It's easy to locate, the people at the front desk are friendly and service is quick, and I've never had a problem with the rooms. It's an older building, but they have made improvements over time. The pool and fitness center are nice to have if you need to spend some time out of the room. And the banquet room is very nice. It's not as large as some others I have been to, but it cozily fit our large group of about 250 people for an annual dance for many, many years. The bar is also cozy - meant to look like an english library-meets-hunting den. The lobby is very large and the open dining area in the middle of the lobby is very convenient for the guests. Overall, I have no problem with the Radisson Northeast. The place carries a lot of good memories for me.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Kimberly M,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate our repeat guests. Thank you for all of your comments and concerns. We value all of our guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. Hope to see you next year for your event!!

Wilmington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our second stay here and we really like this hotel. The rooms are large and clean, we had plenty of room for our family of four even with a pack and play. The restaurant is pretty good and plays movies for the kids. There are also two pools, indoor and out which is great. We had an issue with the lock on our door and the manager was very helpful, she comped us two breakfasts and gave us a gift certificate for dinner.

Room Tip: The pool is open until 10pm, so rooms at the pool may not be good if you like to turn in early.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Lynne S,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding the hotel. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us and that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time we hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Clarkston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Let me start this review with qualifiers:
1. I am not a complainer. This is not code for "I really am a complainer."
2. I talk in circles. This means I circle the story with stories.
3. I like things to go my way. And yes, that means even on vacation with 2 elementary-aged boys.
4. I live in the real world. This means that even if I want my way, it's not going to happen all the time...or even most of the time (refer to the boys in #3).
Review:
My husband was working in this area for a time and was getting homesick so I threw my boys, 10 & 8 (no, that's not their names) in the car with iPods and Xbox (yes!) and drove the 11 hours to meet up with him. The trip was uneventful not counting the hotel we stayed at en route whose fire alarm jolted the masses into a frenzy at 4 a.m. and left us outside in what was 1 degree from the record summer low.
But as any parent knows, the last 2 hours of a road trip are probably when the phrase "losing it" was coined. After fielding questions about what I would do if our 16 yr old dog birthed puppies from the mouth (1 million puppies to be precise...and our dog is a he) or what I would do if our town was invaded by 1 million vampires (die), I was glad to reach our hotel to pass them off.
So, initial reaction. Walked in. Desk clerks didn't make eye contact with me or greet me (not a big deal) so I texted my husband to come get me.
Interior is large & spacious. Clean.
Pool is chilly but I stayed in the room while husband took them so I could "rest" (aka: watch Property Brothers) so I can't verify that.
Hotel restaurant was good. I recommend the moscato! Kid's meals are large-ish and for $6 get a sundae included.
Now onto rooms. Should I start with my kids dramatically gagging?
Now, we weren't inhaling smoke from a dryer fire (see previous night remarks) but the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. And annoying. For the price I pay, I don't want to smell anything, let alone cigarette smoke. And yes, I'm a cigarette smoke snob.
The beds.
Back when Sleep Number beds became trendy, I strongly suggested to my husband we buy one. Well, have you ever slept on a waterbed? Kinda like that and not a good investment when you allow kids and dogs on it. Kid gets on. You go up. Dog jumps off. You go down. Husband rolls over. You roll over. So seeing this bed in our room made me cringe. And no, those beds haven't changed in the 5 years since I gave mine away to my BFF!
So 1 bed left. And I'm actually in it now. This bed is so firm I can't feel my son moving (good), but it feels like a cement slab (bad). I have NEVER slept in a bed this hard. Ever.
And this is where I wrap up. There are so many choices of places to stay. Give me a good bed, a warm pool, and no fire alarm wake-ups. Don't allow smoking in the hotel or at least allow it by floor. Not the room next to me.
And...take this with a grain of travel salt.

• Stayed August 2013
North Bergen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is my second time staying at the Radisson Hotel Phildalphia Northeast in Trevose, PA. I attended a conference at the Cairn University in Langhorne, PA. This hotel is in close proximity and convenient.

I honestly love this hotel. My husband and I loved our stay. Our room was clean. The beds firm, fresh and comfortable. There was enough lighting. They offer cable and movies to choose from. There is plenty of space for a family of four.

The bathroom was wonderful. I love the soap and shampoos. It smelled so good. The shower pulse was delightful. I didn't want to get out, it was that good. The room provides two sinks, which is super convenient.

I can go on and on, but you get the point, this is the place to stay. It's conveniently located to many tourist attractions or just to get away and relax.

Room Tip: The ground floor is closer to get to the indoor and outdoor pools.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pilar,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We hope you and your husband enjoyed your stay in Philly. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our trips to Sesame Place require 4+ hours of travel each way, we’ve had a few road trips this summer! This year on 2 seperate occassions, we’ve stayed at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast in Trevose/Feasterville PA, It’s just a scootch down the road from our favorite destination!

The first time we stayed Mon and Tue nights and the second we stayed Sun, Mon and Tue nights. Check in was easy enough and when we arrived on Monday, there was a very pleasant bellman who helped with our bags and brought them on a luggage trolley to our room – that was VERY helpful.

Walking through the lobby to the elevators, there is a lounge area where folks gather to visit with or wait for other people in their party – it was a hot spot with kids playing cards or adults sitting with a beverage. There’s also a bar and a restaurant (and room service) available here. We found this hotel to be just fine for families, a giant plush Elmo and a couple of his friends look down and across the lobby from a prech across from the main checkin. It was clear they’re expecting families.

When we went down in July, we had an extra person with us and we had adjoining rooms – convenient! But also a little nerve wracking when the kid next door (who was NOT with us) was testing out the adjoining doors. “HEY DAD, WHAT’S THIS?? BAM BAM BAM.” Ahh, kids. The rooms had plenty of space, closets with sliding doors and large dressers. It was nice to put some things out of the way when we stayed 3 nights.

Each of the rooms we stayed in had Sleep Number beds and where that is not something that makes or breaks a stay for me, the girls LOVED the beds. They’d deflate those babies as far as they could get them to go and slept in a pile of little girls on a flat bed. The grownups thought they were just fine. Also, lots of pillows of varying squooshiness, everyone got what they thought was a comfy pillow w extras to put between the bed and the nightstand for the girls.

On our first visit, we were in a room without a fridge. I had planned ahead and didn’t bring anything perishable. On our second visit, we were surprised to have a small fridge – great for chilling water/juice/fruit – the things we like to have on hand for breakfast and snacks. The room w the fridge also had an extra sink area outside of the bathroom – nice for the morning when 2 grownups are trying to get ready for the day. If those things matter, I’d say be sure to ask about them when reserving a room! Also, hello free wifi.

Something we have never taken advantage of before, but certainly did both times this year was the pools. One indoor and one outdoor, they’re big enough for a handful of families to splash around. The girls got to stretch their muscles after the long car ride and before heading over to see our Sesame friends. There’s a cabana with drinks (for all ages) and light meals and snacks. If we didn’t have a specific restaurant that we had decided to eat lunch at on our way out of town, this would have been a fine place to fill up before getting on the road.

Plenty of seating inside and out - because the girls can swim now we don’t have to be in the water with them and it was nice to have a comfortable place to sit and watch.

We used the pools before check out on our last day, too. I tried to wear the girls out so maybe they’d sleep on the way home and I’d get a break from 400 questions, but alas, I did not wear them out enough. But they still had a nice dip in the pools.

Location-wise, it’s about a 10 minute straight-shot drive to Sesame Place – SO easy to find your way there and back. The rates are competitive and most times less than hotels that are closer to the park. And because I never remember to pack EVERYTHING I need for vacation, Target, Walmart, and a mall full of other shops are close-by.

Checking info while writing this, I see that Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast offers a Sesame Place Package – Souvenir, Discounted 2 day tickets (as a seperate charge), they’re an Official Sesame Place Preferred Hotel. Works for me!

Check out their Facebook page, lots of praise from happy families and a contest to win a Sesame Package for 2014, too! https://www.facebook.com/RadissonNortheast

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for you for your very detailed review about the hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide everyone with a great place to stay. We are so glad that you stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel nearly every month for over a year, and have found the staff here to be exceptionally helpful and friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the room and hotel amenities have been fine. I have always felt very welcome and safe. There are both indoor and outdoor pools and there is a small fitness room. In the fall and winter months, during the week, there is a hospitality time with complementary drinks and hors' douevres; it is rare to find such a generous expression of appreciation for guests. The lobby area has coffee, lemonade and fresh fruit. There is free wi-fi availability in the lounge or in your room. The dining area is usually beautifully decorated with fresh flowers, the wait staff is attentive, and the food I have ordered has been very good. My experiences here have been nothing but positive and I will continue to return here when I am in the area. Kudos and thank you to the Radisson NE staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear AJfromPA,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of our return guests. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your trip to Philly.. Thank you for your generous words. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!