Let me start this review with qualifiers:
1. I am not a complainer. This is not code for "I really am a complainer."
2. I talk in circles. This means I circle the story with stories.
3. I like things to go my way. And yes, that means even on vacation with 2 elementary-aged boys.
4. I live in the real world. This means that even if I want my way, it's not going to happen all the time...or even most of the time (refer to the boys in #3).
My husband was working in this area for a time and was getting homesick so I threw my boys, 10 & 8 (no, that's not their names) in the car with iPods and Xbox (yes!) and drove the 11 hours to meet up with him. The trip was uneventful not counting the hotel we stayed at en route whose fire alarm jolted the masses into a frenzy at 4 a.m. and left us outside in what was 1 degree from the record summer low.
But as any parent knows, the last 2 hours of a road trip are probably when the phrase "losing it" was coined. After fielding questions about what I would do if our 16 yr old dog birthed puppies from the mouth (1 million puppies to be precise...and our dog is a he) or what I would do if our town was invaded by 1 million vampires (die), I was glad to reach our hotel to pass them off.
So, initial reaction. Walked in. Desk clerks didn't make eye contact with me or greet me (not a big deal) so I texted my husband to come get me.
Interior is large & spacious. Clean.
Pool is chilly but I stayed in the room while husband took them so I could "rest" (aka: watch Property Brothers) so I can't verify that.
Hotel restaurant was good. I recommend the moscato! Kid's meals are large-ish and for $6 get a sundae included.
Now onto rooms. Should I start with my kids dramatically gagging?
Now, we weren't inhaling smoke from a dryer fire (see previous night remarks) but the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. And annoying. For the price I pay, I don't want to smell anything, let alone cigarette smoke. And yes, I'm a cigarette smoke snob.
Back when Sleep Number beds became trendy, I strongly suggested to my husband we buy one. Well, have you ever slept on a waterbed? Kinda like that and not a good investment when you allow kids and dogs on it. Kid gets on. You go up. Dog jumps off. You go down. Husband rolls over. You roll over. So seeing this bed in our room made me cringe. And no, those beds haven't changed in the 5 years since I gave mine away to my BFF!
So 1 bed left. And I'm actually in it now. This bed is so firm I can't feel my son moving (good), but it feels like a cement slab (bad). I have NEVER slept in a bed this hard. Ever.
And this is where I wrap up. There are so many choices of places to stay. Give me a good bed, a warm pool, and no fire alarm wake-ups. Don't allow smoking in the hotel or at least allow it by floor. Not the room next to me.
And...take this with a grain of travel salt.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Philadelphia Northeast
- Radisson Hotel Trevose
- Radisson Trevose
- Trevose Radisson
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.