“Nice Hotel But Our Bed Was Extremely Hard” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel But Our Bed Was Extremely Hard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were attending a wedding in the area and the bride had booked a block of rooms at the hotel. Overall I was happy with the hotel. Our room was large and clean. The bathroom was a little small but, also very clean. There were complimentary bathrobes and slippers in the room. The room was a little noisy, when the person in the room above us took a shower it sounded like the shower was in our room. My only complaint was with the Sleep Number Bed - it was broken. The bed was ROCK HARD and could not be adjusted. I woke up with a sore back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

It's a pretty hotel and very clean. Sadly, the beds ruined it for me. They were very uncomfortable. So for me, despite the convenient location to all things in the far NE Philly area, I wouldn't stay there because I wouldn't sleep.

Room Tip: Don't get a sleep number bed
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Raddison of Philadelphia for a New Year's Eve wedding held at the hotel.

Here are some of the positive:

-Clean Hotel, not dingy and depressing
-Clean Room, no signs of bugs
-Huge, Excellent Party Rooms for the wedding
-They have the staff and infrastructure to handle a large wedding
-Conveniant for a trip to the city
-Classy Bar and Classy Restaurant
-Seemed Flexible with guests, not rigid

Here are some of the negatives:
- No Hot Tub
-No Free Continental Breakfast

I really enjoyed my stay there, and would do so again any time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the last few years for business travel.
The rooms seem to be getting a bit more worn and looking older; they just don;t seem to be as clean as they had been although this could just be because they are looking outdated.

The hotel itself is comfortable and convenient. The bar is small and cozy, although a bit dark. The whole hotel has this dark 1970's feeling about it, it could use a renovation and some more light.

No major complaints however; parking is free and ample, the wi-fi worked fine. The A/C / Heat unit was a bit noisy but not so much that it kept me awake.

The "business center" is two computers in the lobby and if you have to print airline tickets you often need to wait, and they print at the check-in counter, not at the desk with the computers.

Overall, it's not a bad place to stay, it could just use some freshening up. The staff has always been friendly and the room has always been supplied decently. The sleep number bed may be a bonus to some, I find it makes no difference, but it is a nice touch that they added.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here on the recommendation of a local friend - and we weren't disappointed.
Although the desk clerk was rather impersonal, the rooms were really good - nice and clean with all you would expect for a mid range hotel. Good coffee maker, nice TV - but the Sleep Number beds are not so good. We hadn't tried the beds previously, but wouldn't bother again. They are just hybrid air beds and a bit of a joke really. One plus was the service when one of the beds didn't work on arrival - the maintenance guy was really quick to attend and all it was , was a loose wall plug. The beds were only just OK - give me a pillow top any day.
We only had the buffet breakfast on the last of our two night stay, and it's a bit strange that only one person gets a complimentary breakfast. The food was good, with the usual pancakes, bacon scrambled egg and they some great fresh fruit.
One thing that did annoy us - we were sleeping in after a late night and the cleaning staff were incredibly noisy outside our room, even though we had the "do not disturb" sign up. Really annoying because they were yelling to one another. In room movies are a bit expensive too - $17 for a new release !!
Over all it was a good visit though and we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years as I have family in this area of Philadelphia. This hotel has always been a solid property for me. Its not the most luxurious and it is not five star, but it has always provided me a clean and comfortable room. The staff is very firendly and welcoming.

On this stay, I used Priceline and received a king room on the 3rd floor. The SleepNumber beds are a cool feature to the rooms. The rooms are updated and clean.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel is old and dingy. I did not have much confidence in the room cleanliness. One could easily hear noise from other rooms. My hallway had an old discarded mini-bar outside someone's door that sat there for a full day. Also, late check out is 4pm, but the staff informed me if I left after 1pm, I would be billed. Odd. Overall, not bad if you have a discount- I would never pay the full rate for this hotel.

Room Tip: If you can find a steep discount for this place, it may be worth it, but don't pay the full rate...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Radisson T, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Godiva2012,

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are currently in the process of renovating our entire property. We are sorry we did not meet you expectations but please check back during your next visit to Philadelphia to see all the changes we are making.

Management Team
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!