“What a surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
brttdvd21
“What a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed eating here. Went with the family and everybody liked their meal. The soup and salad bar are a huge added bonus.

In a town full of diners - this one shouldn't be passed over.

Visited June 2014

Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Affordability and ok service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Andy's Diner, (on the former Steak and Ale site) in a convenient location, with plenty of parking is mostly clean and has a pleasant atmosphere (many photos of movie stars on the wall). My recent experience with Andy's was when I had dinner with a group (of about 20 people), the only unfortunately part was that they left one waitress to do our group, when the owner or another should of also helped. The food was good (not spectactular) but good for a Diner, and it came with a soup and salad bar (their chicken and rice soup had way too much celery in it). All in all, a pleasant experience, though I asked for french fries (choice of either vegetable or potato) and she brought spinach. When I told her I did, she looked at her book, said I ordered spinach. Why would I say I ordered fries otherwise?

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“ALWAYS GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

As far as diners go, most are the same; decent burgers, fair service, good prices. However, Andy's seems to take it to the next level and have excellent food, great service and low prices. I have never had a bad meal or bad service there.

Most recently, I went there for lunch intent on getting the salad bar. However, our helpful waitress suggested the "early bird" special (which, very surprisingly, runs from 11a-9p!). She said it made more sense to get the special, since it came with the salad bar, which also has soup, and a meal. I ordered, skeptically, since I am VERY cautious where I order seafood, the stuffed mushrooms. I was so surprised, I made sure to tell the waitress and the owner how good it was. It was hot, came out on a mini skillet, delicious and lots of crabmeat.

In addition, the atmosphere creates a comfortable open feel to a one-time Steak & Ale, which was always so dark you needed a candle to get to the bathroom. The owners look to have invested a lot of money into this kitschy diner with 50s memorabilia on the walls and rafters; but didn't junk it up!

Now, I just need to get back for their breakfast buffet (weekends only).

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“good service and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

my wife and i stopped in for breakfast. we ordered off the menu although there was also a small buffet available. the food was tasty and the service was pleasant and attentive. we would return if in the area again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Andy's cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I wasn't sure when we first walked in - but we were starving and this was close - turned out it was great. We all loved our food (typical diner fare - but tons to choose from) the guy who I'm assuming was the owner was really nice to our 4 year old twins (who were not being well-behaved) and our waitress was awesome. They also had sesame themed cupcakes - so that was cool. Their desserts were the best part of the meal!

Visited July 2013