“rousted out” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Victorian Charm Inn

Victorian Charm Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Towanda
Victorian Charm Inn
You added Victorian Charm Inn to your Saves list
118 York Avenue, Towanda, PA 18848   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Towanda B&B and Inns
Syracuse, New York
“rousted out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

At 8:23 am on a sunday. Knocking at my door to ask me to pay for a room that was paid for in advance was Mindy. Woken from a sound sleep to be questioned about "When are you going to leave?" after making arrangements and payment the day before. Have they treated other tenants like this? I'm sorry to say that makes a perfect zero out of five. Not hospitable. Not welcoming. Not impressive

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jack C, Owner at Victorian Charm Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
The staff at the Victorian Charm Inn would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations on your recent stay at our Inn. We did not purposely wake you up at 8:23am on a Sunday. With your work schedule being 7pm-7am we were trying to communicate with you before going to sleep. We take each and every comment very serious and have made adjustments to our policies to better accommodate a guest with an evening work schedule.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have so many incredible things to say about VCI. Every expectation I had was met and surpassed. The house is flawless, renovated and restored. We had the pleasure of staying in the Decker room. It featured three huge protruding windows with stained glass, a four poster bed. Antique furniture throughout. Yet, modern conveniences like wifi, a mini fridge and a flat screen TV! We had a private bathroom and shower and access to a shared patio just outside our door. A full breakfast of French Toast, Bacon and Eggs was cooked for us the next morning and it was perfect. I expected some run down areas or weird "old" smells, but none whatsoever! I thought the old walls would mean lots of noise from other guests, but apparently the owner's teenage daughter had some friends overnight- we didn't hear a thing! VCI is conveniently located, just a short walk to the downtown businesses (passing by LOTS of historic architecture!). What a GEM.

Room Tip: The Decker Room!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed for a couple days with my family when we came up. The owners, Jack and Mindy, were very welcoming when we arrived and showed us exactly where to go. The rooms were very neat and clean and got cleaned every morning by the staff. The breakfast was incredible! Since we went in the summertime, They informed us on the many activities that were happening around us. I would recommend this Inn to anyone who needs a place to stay for a couple days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Victorian Charm Inn really has been my home away from home. The last 2 out of 3 years of traveling for work has been spent living at the Vic Charm. I literally spent more time at the Inn then I did at home and the owners Jack and Mindy are amazing people who always go out of there way to make your stay as perfect as possible. During my extended stay I had the opportunity to bounce from room to room and experience all of the amazing detail of the craftsmanship that went into building the Inn. The entire place was always spotless and the breakfasts were great. I even joke with my wife that I’m going to go back because I ate better at work than at home. If you are looking for a great place to stay the Vic Charm definitely will not disappoint you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The absolutely nicest couple in the world run this Inn but unfortunately that is the best thing about it, although that is a very good thing. Entrance and hallway/stairs are nice, but the room I had was run down, stained carpet, no good light, no place to read, well-used everything, but clean, bathroom very clean. Torn curtains. Just improving the lighting would help. Breakfast not too great - no fresh fruit. Nice path along the river very close by, truck traffic quite audible all night - the down side of fracking I guess. I saw other reviews were much better so maybe others not as bothered by the noise and lack of comfortable, well-lit place to read. I would unfortunately recommend the Fairfield Inn in Towanda over this place, even though this is a much nicer, neighborhood location.

Room Tip: I asked for a room not directly on the road and that didn't help - very noisy still.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Victorian Charm Inn does have charm and history. The owners, Jack and Mindy, are young, energetic and very hard-working and make you feel very welcome and comfortable in their inn. The many antiques, as well as the beautiful wooden mouldings and staircases, add to the "Victorian Era" feel. We stayed 2 nights and had delicious breakfasts both mornings, with waffles, eggs, french toast, juices and great coffee, all prepared by Jack.

Room Tip: The Mandeville has a porch.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Merion, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Victorian Charm Inn appears to be in great shape and looks like it might have a hundred years ago. The current owners have paid attention to detail, both in replicating the older style and in providing the comforts of modern hotels (mini-fridge, microwave, air conditioning, flat-screen TV, and wireless) at a price that can't be beat. And breakfast too!

Room Tip: See the Inn's webpage for room descriptions. Note that there isn't an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Victorian Charm Inn? Share your experiences!