“Quite simply: Artist's Inn is the best!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   117 East Main Street, Terre Hill, PA 17581   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Terre Hill B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hartland, Michigan
“Quite simply: Artist's Inn is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

The hospitality was incredible! Jan & Bruce made my sister & I feel like family and that their home was ours to enjoy. Jan's breakfasts were fabulous & something I'll never forget. All the little details at breakfast - the daily menu printed out & framed, candles lit and the most delicious food ever! Plus, Jan had the never ending cookie jar filled with the best cookies (the raspberry chocolate chip was our favorite). I was glad to meet Bruce as I love the humor in his books and artwork and he along with Jan were very down to earth people. In addition, we met a great couple from Ohio & enjoyed their company & hope to keep in touch. I enjoyed our visit & felt very spoiled and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

The Artist’s Inn is a wonderful, relaxing place to stay! Jan and Bruce are wonderful hosts and made us feel so welcome. Their home is beautiful and the breakfasts that Jan prepares are to die for! An added treat is getting to see all of Bruce’s artwork! We enjoyed our stay so much that we stayed an extra night so I could celebrate my birthday there, which Jan made very special. This was my first experience at a B&B, and I doubt I'll ever find another one that could compare to The Artist's Inn!

• Stayed September 2010
Galloway, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

This was our first experience with a B&B, wasn't excited about going into someone's home I didn't know but my inlaw's told us give it a try. so we found this nice b&b on main st. in a little town where it was nice and quiet. Not far from the main stream of things. Well we were 21/2 hours early , the inn keeper Jan said no problem I'll show you to your room. we walked back in time, this old farm house redone, with old & new things to make our stay --heaven... If you want quiet or shopping its all right here at the Artist Inn. If you love to eat & you will eat alot, watch out Jan is by far a great cook but she makes you feel as if you belong there, like your family. You won't be sorry for your stay and the quality of the food -it's all from scratch , fresh herbs she grows herself and rooms are far better than any hotel, If I had it to do all over again, I would have taken more days off and stayed longer. Thats the only regret. We stayed only 3 nights. Please give this inn a try- I tell you she will make you happy. we made 2 friends there ( sisters) that decided to stay an extra night so we could get to know one another. They were great fun. we spent 21/2 hours at breakfast because jan made us feel so relaxed. This inn keeper is perfect for this job, we hit it off so well we gave out hugs. jan in herself is worth the trip, she is a great person . she loves to please people and made our vacation just perfect. she know's the best places for dinner, shopping, and check out the sight & sound theater, you will have a great time. it's one of the best places I've ever stayed. we will be back. I would recommend this b&b to anyone that loves to relax and want to be treated great and like family. Gary & Julie Ludwig

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the charming and gracious hostess until the time we reluctantly had to leave-the experience at The Artists Inn and Gallery was a positive one. The room was tastefully decorated. The king sized bed was VERY comfortable. We enjoyed sitting on the porch in the evening watching the horse and buggys go by. Breakfast was a culinary treat. Jan, the hostess along with her husband Bruce went above and beyond to make our time at their wonderful B&B a memorable one.

Broomall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

My daughter and I spent two nights at The Artist's Inn. Jan and Bruce, the innkeepers, are very friendly and accommodating. Jan prepares a spectacular breakfast with a variety of courses consisting of local fruits, egg dishes, and homemade pastries. Everything is a delight. When you are planning your day Jan helps you to plot your trip and types out directions. The Inn is a wonderful find and you will truly feel you have found a great getaway. If you travel to Lancaster County you must stay here!!! A true gem!!

• Stayed August 2010
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

great place to stay!!!!!! Very relaxing and cozy. The owners were very nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Branchburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

This is the second time we have visited the Inn. Jan and Bruce are wonderful hosts who make you feel right at home. Jan's breakfasts are filling and delicious. The accommodations are clean and comfortable. It's in a small Pennsylvania town located in the middle of Amish country. You can hear the Amish buggies going up and down the street. The Inn is located a comfortable distance from Lancaster and Reading. It is especially close to Adamstown which claims to be the Antique Capital of the US.

I loved sitting on the porch and enjoying the gardens.There is a bit of traffic going past the Inn, but it didn't disturb our sleep .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Artist's Inn and Gallery? Share your experiences!