“An OK breakfast.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 restaurants in Terre Hill
Stratford, CT
“An OK breakfast.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

The breakfast was , but didn't have a great selection and the pancakes weren't that good.

Visited July 2012

58% Recommend
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Terre Hill Lost a Long-time Customer Today.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We frequently go to their Friday fish fry dinner.. its wonderful. All you can eat, lightly battered, fair price. So we decided to try breakfast there this morning. HORRIBLE! 1st of all, really really poor service. 2nd: Food was super poor quality, and not prepared well at all. I ordered my omelet well done, with crispy hash browns, and 35 (!) minutes later, got a runny, rubbery, wet western omelet with barely warm, soggy hash browns. I specifically asked the waitress to keep an eye on my coffee, and she never even stopped by the table in that 30 minutes we were waiting to refill my cup. I finally had to get up and chase after another waitress to beg a refill from her pot of coffee. When our food finally came, it was 10 more minutes before our server came over to see if everything was OK. We sent back our food, nicely explaining why.. she never apologized, or even acknowledged the issue. Lousy food is one thing, Lousy service is quite another. Today Terre Hill Grill lost a customer. This place needs a better manager, better serving staff, better cook, and a much better commitment to quality. Dont go. You will be sorry.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Joe D, Owner at Terre Hill Grill, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your comments. Please give us another try. It was my fault. I was cooking. Sorry.
Pennsylvania
“Gross food, poorly managed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I live locally, so thought I would try this restaurant with my family on New Year's Day. What a mistake! They do not have enough waitstaff, so everyone was constantly running. I had the special - pork. It was the worst cut of pork I've ever seen served. Nearly 1/2 of it was a slab of grisly fat. The mashed potatoes were homemade but lumpy. We had to ask the server to bring the vegetable because he forgot it in the kitchen. There is no printed kids menu and when asked the owner couldn't even tell us what they offered for children or what came with a kids' order. We ordered them something basic - a chicken finger with french fries. The fries were handcut, but undercooked and soaked in old grease. When the bill came we were charged for adult platters instead of kids' prices. It was fixed, but we had to pay extra for the kids' drinks even though the waitress at the next table told her table that kids' drinks were included. Clearly this place is poorly managed. Our waiter was overwhelmed and asked the owner to help him by getting him a drink for a child at one of his tables and the owner said no! I live 5 miles away and will never return!

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Good Hamburger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

The waitress was very nice and the food was excellent

Visited October 2011
Reisterstown, Maryland
“Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

We were staying at the Artist's Inn and Gallery in Terre Hill and didn't feel like driving anywhere for dinner. So we walked to the Terre Hill Grill. They hadn't expected any type of crowd that night and only had one person serving the entire restaurant (about 12 tables had seated diners) AND running the cash register. The server was practically flying around the restaurant. Somehow he was able to get everyone's order and get them served with no perceptible delay. I've never seen anything like it. The food was basic but very tasty and very well prepared. I would eat here again without question.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere