“excellent food, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 38 Restaurants in Tarentum
Cuisines: Southwestern, Bar
Leechburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I ordered the Monterey chicken, delicious!!! Service was great. Very clean and nice atmosphere. I am a big Applebee's fan, but his just might have toopes my favorite crispie orange chicken there. Service surpasses Applebee's hands down.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Always Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I eat here at least twice a month, and it's always Yummy and delicious. I tend to alternate between the Jalapeno Steakhouse Burger and the Steak fajitas. Appetizers alternate between potato skins, nachos, chips and salsa, and the skillet queso. The skillet chocolate chip cookie is to die for! It's the perfect dessert to share.

Service runs very quickly, and my drinks are constantly being topped off. The servers are very well trained and can answer any question about the menu items.

This Chili's is an excellent one, which is why I return to it instead of driving to the nearest one 20 miles away. Service is way better, and the staff really works together to help everyone out.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The wife and I stopped in on the 2nd of November for an early dinner. We were greeted the minute we entered. Seated immediately, and a few SECONDS later were greeted by our server. She explained the specials and took our drink order. we ordered the food, which arrived hot and tasty, before we had finished our drinks. The food was delicious, and plentiful. A very inexpensive meal for two. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Definitely a "return to" place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Very Good Food and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Very Good Food and value.
Good service and quiet compared with other Chili´s

Visited April 2012
PA
“Very poor service. Felt neglected.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

We've been to Chili's countless times before at Pittsburgh Mills but this time we thought we'd write a review for TripAdvisor as we're on a bit of a kick with this whole reviewing thing. The food and the service has been either good or great everytime that we've been there, so it's become our 'go-to' restaurant if we don't have a hunkering for anything else nearby.

Unfortunately, this time it sucked.

They have changed the menu somewhat and I think they've reworked some of the receipes. Not to say it's bad, but it's definitely noticeably different.

It took a while for the waitress to acknowledge us after we sat down. There was a large group next to us who seemed to take all the attention of the waitresses in the restaurant and we waited and twiddled our thumbs until we were finally noticed 10 minutes later.

There was a delay of about 20 minutes before the appetizer came out. We ordered the loaded nachos with chicken which has always been a favourite of ours. They have clearly changed the receipe for this as the chicken has more of a smoky flavour and the cheese is lighter. After the initial surprise of the change, I actually preferred it over the 'old' taste and felt it wasn't quite as greasy. My wife didn't care for them very much at all, though.

There was another 20-25 minute wait (of which we were completely ignored for 15 minutes of it) after we finished the appetizer until our main courses came out. I had the Shiner Bock BBQ Burger as it was new on the menu and my wife had her usual Big Mouth Bites. The burger was reasonable, but by no means the best burger I've had there. It was too light on the BBQ sauce and had a very noticeable salty taste. It was decent, no more.

They've changed their fries too. I definitely prefer the new ones as I felt the old ones were too seasoned and greasy. The potatoes are different and the fries are very light and fresh. Definitely an improvement, though, again, my wife wasn't impressed.

The service was very disappointing, I have to say. For us to spend over an hour there eating is excessive, especially when the management of the place has always been very, very good in the past. I understand that waitresses are very keen to get the big tip from the big group but their table was always sending things back or complaining about something. I don't know if it was because the food was poor or whether they were just whining for the sake of it. Either way, they did not seem happy and left, ironically, a very small tip. No matter what, surely you don't neglect the other patrons of the restaurant and make them sit with empty drink glasses for 15 minutes at a time while you run around catering to every whim of the big table immediately next to them. Very unprofessional.

We've been to this restaurant 25-30 times and I'm not sure it's our 'go-to' restaurant anymore after this.