“It IS a bit of Heaven here!” 5 of 5 stars

(570) 688-9113
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Tannersville
USA
“It IS a bit of Heaven here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

Yes, if need be, I'll travel 50 minutes for a good bagel. And good bagels are what's served here. Opened Monday thru Friday 6am to 2pm, Saturday and Sunday 6am to 1pm, this very friendly bagel place serves a round, plump, holeless piece of done to perfection fried dough which could rival any of "dem Nu Yawk" ones anyday. When asking for eggs, they always come out exactly as you ordered, bacon crisp, butter or cream cheese (flavored or not) fresh and creamy. Now let me mention the hoagies.....small or large OVERstuffed is an underSTATEMENT! All lunch sandwiches come with pickles and a small bag of your choice of chips. Deli meats and cheese are available for purchase separately and are on par cost wise as your local supermarket. Muffins (a nice variety are available) are large, tasty and baked freshly every day which I might say go VERY well with one of their delicious 16oz blended coffees, hot chocolates or smoothies. Onward now to my favorite section: PASTRIES! One day recently I stopped in and bought one of every large cookie, brownie and pastry in the case, drove immediately home, and sampled my hedonistic smorgasboard of sugared delights. Every bite of assorted baked goodness melted in my mouth, but it was the brownies which sent me to chocolate paradise. My only pet peeve is they don't have a great selection of soda (sorry, I'm not an RC Cola kind of girl) but their selection of iced tea is very good.
Stop in for you too will be on "Cloud 9" at Bagel Heaven.