“Great Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cranberry Manor Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tannersville
Cranberry Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Tannersville B&B and Inns
Woodbury Heights, NJ
“Great Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

My husband and I just returned from our stay at the Cranberry Manor Inn (September 28 - 30, 2007) our daughter Lisa is a freshman at E. Stroudsburg University our first stay in the area we stayed at the Shannon Inn it was a one time stay...horrible. After that experience I decided we needed to find somewhere we can count on for future visits...I need not to look any further! The Cranberry Manor Inn with the new owners Sharon and Ric Anderson is a wonderful find. The rooms were spotless and the bathrooms have deep soaking tubs so bring your bubblebath ladies it was great! The breakfast each morning was wonderful the table was set so great with china, etc. We truly enjoyed our stay we met new friends two other couples who were staying also we stayed up at night playing different card games. The area has many things to do it is close to Camelback Mountain, it is close to outlets, Micro-breweries, Vineyards, Bushkill Falls, so many things to do and yet if it is just relaxing you are looking for this would be the place...big wrap around porch and beautiful scenery! We are looking forward to our next visit! Sharon and Ric Anderson are wonderful hosts we can't thank them enough for making us feel so welcome! Bob and Deb Truhan

• Liked — The area and the owners
  • Disliked — Like everything will be returning!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

My husband and I had a great stay. The owners were wonderfully friendly and the rooms were well furnished and impeccably clean (I am a stickler for cleanliness). Breakfast was amazing and we are already planning our next stay. Nothing could have been done better!

• Liked — Friendly owners, clean rooms and great breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

We recently returned from a three day stay at Cranberry Manor and can't say enough good things about our stay. The ambience and host/hostess could not have been better. The place was immaculate, the rooms were large and accommodating, the food delicious and it felt very comfortable, just like home but better.

A total of three co-workers each stayed in different rooms on a business trip and we found each room to have it's own charm, not to mention the huge bathtubs and fireplaces in each room. We saw humming birds during our candelight, home-made, full course breakfast served on real china. We had full use of the house and spent time in the dining room after working all day to sum up events and plan for the next day. Availability of using the butler pantry, that had some goodies as well as coffee/teas at the end of the day was an added bonus.

Our hosts have put much thought into making sure your stay is pleasurable. They even have two baskets of local menus and area attractions so you can plan your stay. I think my co-workers will now be disappointed during other travels when they compare their 'first' training trip to other hotels. We highly recommend this B&B. Compliments and best wishes to Sharon & Ric on their new endeavor.

~Holly - Long Island, NY

• Liked — Ambience, host/hostess, food - all of it : )
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

Sharon and Ric were truly wonderful people, very open and accomodating. We stayed for the weekend and couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms were beautifully decorated and the breakfasts were delicious. Sharon was quick to help with recommendations for restaurants and had a good knowledge of the area. The owners were very gracious to answer our questions and tell us about themselves and the house. The porch was particularly relaxing. I was pleasantly surprised by all the snacks and drinks provided. The room was comfortable and the air conditoner was quieter than those at hotels. When I return to the Poconos, I wouldn't consider staying at any place other than the Cranberry Manor. It was so much better than staying at a hotel, I felt like I was staying with a favorite relative. Exceptional service, great food and a relaxing atmosphere. This was well worth the price, a great value.

• Liked — Friendliness of owners
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

I recently visted the B&B for some well needed down time and found out they are now owned by a new couple, Sharon and Ric Anderson.

They were wonderful for just taking over and have started some well needed renovations to breath a new life into a fabulous getaway.

I truly enjoyed being able to pass the afternoon away relaxing on the wrap around porch which they have just purchased new furniture for. The Saturday afternoon breeze, glass of ice tea and a good book.

The Cranberry Manor surely won't remain a hidden gem for long with current upgrades being made, seeing as I was hoping to return and they have been filled to capacity in the coming weeks.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lancaster, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

Our first impressions of the Inn were not good. The outside needs painting, the grounds were not maintained, the flower beds were not weeded. The grass was cut only where the lawn mower would reach. On the front porch was a very large and tasteful crock, it was full of trash, this trash was not emptied during our 2 day stay. The wicker furniture on the wrap around porch was literally rotting from weather exposure!! The Innkeeper was also setting up for a Memorial Day Weekend Yard Sale (yes, on the property!). The gazebo was also in dire need of paint, and new furniture.
I must admit, the main dining room had Victorian charm, it was nicely done! The breakfast on Sunday morning was very good, but the Innkeeper needs to wear shoes when serving. (Health code violation!!)
Our room was very dusty, the carpet was not clean, the love seat also had a very visible tear in the fabric. (See photo, tear is on left side.) The canopy over the bead looked as if it was never washed. It was gray instead of white, it too was very dusty. My wife and I went to a local Target and bought blankets.
The bathroom was clean and modern. The hanging light over the bath tub was a nice touch.
This Inn has a no refund policy, so we did stay. The two high points of our stay were: A) A fantastic day at Bushkill Falls. The 2.5 hour hike was relaxing, and the scenery was superb!! B) Dinner at the Pocono Brew Pub. The food was top notch and so was the service. (The pricing was very reasonable too.) Avoid "The Smugglers Cove", the food was not very good and it was over priced.
My wife and I have stayed at other B&B's, all were top notch in all categories. All were in the price range of this one, but there was no comparison.
We are planning a return trip to the area, we are taking our children to Bushkill Falls and to Camel Beach ( a water park for the family). Will we stay at Cranberry Manor? Not a chance!

Dennis & Michelle Derstine
Lancaster, PA

• Liked — not very much
  • Disliked — read review
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2005

For the third year in a row my wife and I visited the Cranberry Manor in the Poconos to celebrate our anniversary. Steve and Kathy are the inn-keepers and they could not be nicer. Their breakfasts are the best. This year we had Croissant French Toast one morning and a mushroom egg casserole the other. Everything is homemade and delicious. The manor has five unique bedrooms but my wife and I prefer the 'Admiral' on the third floor. All the rooms have their own bathrooms and large tubs. My wife and I always look forward to relaxing at the Manor.

Been to Cranberry Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!