“Decent place to stay for mountain activites” 3 of 5 stars

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Camelback Road, Tannersville, PA 18372   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tannersville
South Jersey
“Decent place to stay for mountain activites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great location with courtesy shuttle to Camelback mountain on weekends and holidays. Other than that it was basically just a place to sleep. Staff was nice and friendly and the mountainside rooms have a great view, however place was dated. Also food at the breakfast buffet was awful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
FireMedicJoe-

I do appreciate your review and your feedback.

Good news is we have begun install of our new flatscreens with the mountainview first 3 floors now complete. We are constantly looking for those small improvements that make a big impression. We are awaiting stands to finish the job, but expect to have the remainder of the resort completed by April.

Any other thoughts & suggestions would certainly be welcomed.

I look forward to sharing these with you on your next stay.

-John

PS - Glad you enjoyed the shuttle!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Thank you Chateau Resort for a fabulous three day weekend. my guest was so appreciative of the hospitality, professionalism and great food we receive every year, they are requesting extra days at the Chateau.

Carmen Calazzo I want to personally Thank you for your patience, professionalism and always returning my calls and emails in a timely fashion. It's always a pleasure working with you.

KUDOS!!!! To Carmen and the staff at The Chateau Resort on a job well done.
See you again soon,

Theresa Singleton

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Theresa B-

So glad you had a great event... again! I will be certain to pass along your thoughts to the team. It is very cool to hear how well your trip went.

We look forward to taking care of your next big event. :-)

Thank you!

florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I wanted to stay close to Camelback and boy it was! They weren't kidding when they said at the base. The hotel location is excellent for skiing, beautiful views and pretty properly. Front desk staff was always friendly and accommodating. Would skip the restaurant but in a pinch, I guess ok. Service was lousy for the 3 days - 2 nights we were there (during Christmas, so maybe that's why).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
FISHYQ-

Thank you for your nice review. I do love our location and our views.

We have also spent a lot of time on our service delivery and appreciate you noticing that at the Front Desk. It seems we have some way to go in the restaurant, but will certainly use your review as a discussion point with them at our next restaurant meeting.

Thank you again for your kind words, please do say hello on your next stay!

aprilmon1
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

While a great location and view, the hotel room and accommodations were very disappointing. Upon arrival, there was an issue with our confirmed reservation. The loft room we finally got keys for was very roomy but the sofa bed was terrible. The worse bed / sleep I have ever had. In addition, the hotel did not decorate at all for the Christmas holiday and the fireplaces were never going. After 2 disappointing nights, we switched to a much better location up the mountain.

Stayed December 2013
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
AprilMon1-

I am honestly confused by your review and would like an opportunity to discuss it with you. (570) 629-5900 or GM@ChateauResort.com

My confusion surrounds the comment about decorations as we are decorated from front entrance to back deck to restaurant to meeting rooms. We have 4 fully decorated Christmas trees including three that are 10-12' tall.

And the fireplaces are both up and running. The one Sunday the 21st, while the temperature was pushing 70 degrees with the freak warm spell, they were not, but not certain that you would want them on with that temperature.

Please do get in contact with me so that I can understand fully your concerns and address them appropriately.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

-John

Travelers are raving about these Tannersville hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at the resort the front desk staff was happy and all smiles but when we got up to our room the bed skirt was torn and Ms Barb was on it housekeeping need some more cleaning skills but overall I would come again I just want to send Ms Barbara The Head chefJohn And last but not least Martin the food was to die for . Everynight I can't wait to come back in February..... Again Ms Barb your the best

• Stayed November 2013
Rozie4-

Thank you!

I have already passed on your very sweet comments to Barbara, John & Martin.

Please do say hello when you return n February!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked a garden view room for our 5 year anniversary weekend through Groupon. Very disappointed to see it was more of a "parking lot view" room. I went to the front desk and was told by Barbara that theres a garden in the summer. On the sidewalk? Still not a garden view. She upgraded us to a balcony mountain view with no problem, much better.

The room was not cleaned properly. Bed was made, trash taken out but there were hand print ALL OVER the sliding balcony doors. The bathroom faucet was disgusting. My husband wiped the showerhead before using and it was black. GROSS! Housekeeping could use some training. We didn't even use the coffee pot in the room because the inside was dirty and disgusting as well.

Disappointed that the pool and jacuzzi closed at 11 we wanted to go down after the bar closed. Evil-lyn was great!

We wanted to order room service, but were told by another couple that they ordered room servixe the night before and were told they had to go down to get it. (THATS NOT ROOM SERVICE) And that when they paid, the person kept their change as a tip without it being given to him. Very rude

I expected more from a "resort" but I guess foe the price, I cant complain much. I do expect a clean room, though, it was so gross. Very disappointed. We really wanted to enjoy our anniversary getaway and there were so many things that distracted me from making the experience perfect

• Stayed November 2013
AlexisLinda-

Thank you for your review and your kind words. I have shared it with our staff and will continue to refer to it as we strive to improve our overall service.

Please do reach out to me so that I can address your concerns personally and help to restore your faith in the resort.

(570) 629-5900 or GM@ChateauResort.com

John
Jersey City, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We tried this location due to a Groupon offer and wanted to try a different experience in PA. The room was average. The "mountain" view was past a man made lake, a highway road on your right, a road after the lake, a neighborhood beyond the road, and THEN the mountains! It was a huge stretch to be called a Mountain View, let me tell you. The carpets could used a good shampoo in all hallways and corridors. Our worst experience was our bathroom. The toilet was stopped up when we arrived, and the entire time we were there we had to keep calling maintenance. THEN the bathtub stopped up. Maintenance came and plunged it, and there was hair the size of a grapefruit. Utterly nauseating and disgusting. Maintenance was the star of this show. On time and very patient and accommodating. I don't know why this is called a resort. That word implies a luxury that this place is sorely lacking.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, go The Inn at Pocono Manor!